“Nice Hotel. Great Location.”

Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge
Ranked #53 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Los Angeles, California
“Nice Hotel. Great Location.”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My friend was the one who booked this hotel for our trip. There were some negative comments about the hotel but I thought it was nice. The property was clean along with the rooms. They were very strict on check-in. We arrived early since our flight arrived to Dublin at 8am. We could not check in until exactly 2pm.

The location is great. It is near the Tourist Info building and near a the bus stops. Temple Bar area is just across the river. The hotel does have its own bar and night club. The night club is free is you are staying at the hotel. However, there was a lack of locals at the night club. They were all tourists.

The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. They have shampoo and body cleanser in the shower. I think they may be same thing though. If you want a bar of soap bring your own.

I do have a few of complaints though. There is no alarm clock, but you can call for a wake up call. Also, they have door hangers for "Do not Disturb" and "Please Clean Room." They are on the same hanger. So if there is a chance that someone can switch it and you will be waken up by housekeeping. That happened to us one morning. And there is no small wash clothes. Which I didn't think I would care about but I did since there were none. Otherwise, it's a nice hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Kent WA
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Ask for a room away from the street if you want quiet after 11 pm. The hotel has the flavor of Ireland. It is on the river a block from Hapenny bridge, just a short walk to most places you want to visit in the city. Convenient to bus or tram if you are going further from city center. A great Irish step dancing show in the bar each night. Very helpful front desk and morning breakfast crew.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
waterford ireland
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We have used this hotel before and found it to be the perfect place to stay in Dublin.
The staff looked after us and the food was top notch.

Turku, Finland
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The hotel is situated in the middle of Dublin. Really! Temple bar and the best shopping streets, eg. Mary st, Henry st and O´Connell st are just a stone's throw away from the hotel. We stayed in a family room and the room was very clean and space enough. The negative points are that the room had no fridge or AC.

The breakfast was marvelous compared to the hotels in Britain. Very many different and delicious cold and warm choices.

The hotel offers daily live Irish music and dance in the restaurant. If you want just watch it, that is OK in the bar. And if you want also enjoy a three course dinner it costs 30 euros and you will get a better place. Children are also welcomed. They have very reasonable prices for drinks in the restaurant. And the staff is very polite and gentle.

I certainly recommend the hotel for everyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2011

The first impression is of a very old facade, this does not prove to be the listed front hides a well run friendly can do hotel with the added attraction of the nightly show of Music and Irish Dancing . The shows are well performed by good musicians and excellent dancers. The food is of a high standard with the freshly cooked Irish breakfast being served in a friendly and helpful environment with nothing too much trouble for the brilliant staff. Bedrooms are modern good sized and clean. In all a very enjoyable stay we will come again . Keep the standards up

Donegal Ireland
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed in the Arlington for one night for a short trip to dublin, to do some shopping & trip to dublin zoo. Got a great offer of kids eat free online and booked online the day prior to our trip i recieved a lovely welcoming email this i thought was a lovely gesture on behalf of the hotel. We were due to arrive on sun 17th & depart mon 18th, however our flights were cancelled and we could not get to dublin till the following day. I phoned the hotel as soon as we were informed about the cancellation of flights and asked if we could move our dates to the following day, it was no bother at all.

Arrived on monday was greeted by very friendly receptionist who kindly explained where our room was and also explained about breakfast times etc. Then my son noticed a armour figure and i took a photo of him and just as i turned around a lovely staff member offered to take a photo of all three of us, again another lovely gesture.

We had a triple room as part of the online offer which was three single beds but we joined two together for us all. The room was located on the top floor, was a bit of a climb but nothing to complain about, the room was lovely and spacious, very clean. the bathroom was also very clean.

We went for dinner that evening, we reserved our table for 7pm, however when we went into the bar area where the show was we were told to go into sintra's resturant directly opposite the bar, we got a beautifull meal and must say once again there was a lovely friendly waitress in this resturant.

After dinner we walked into the bar as i would have loved to see the irish show but unfortunatly there was no seats, it was then i saw the tables were numbered and realised we had a reservation in this area and we were moved to the resturant, however not to worry as we had a delious dinner (only thing must say if you ordered anything off the main course more than €16 you had to pay the extra) I didnt know this as i believed when we paid the offer online all our food was covered.

We were located on the third floor and had only single galzing, facing the main road (got quite noisy, during the early hours).

Breakfast the following morning was beautiful, had a great selection, & again staff very friendly and helpful.

Upon checkout i asked if we could store our luggage untill we were leaving in the evening as we had the zoo to visit and this was no bother.

Overall this is a great hotel, great location & brillant staff.

Room Tip: Our room had lovely view of the river liffey, only downside was single glazing and you could clearly...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Towcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This is a 3 star hotel, so I didn't expect much. My wife and I were checked in by a seemingly friendly staff member to a 1st floor room at the front of the hotel...... which meant nothing until we got up to the room. The noise from the street outside was terrible; buses, refuse lorries, cars,police sirens etc...too much for anyone. I called reception to request a quieter room and was put on hold to then be told "the hotel is completely FULL and we wil try to move you tomorrow."
I decided that since I only have my holiday time once, I'd go to find another hotel and will leave immediately I find one (we were booked in for 2 nights) and to heck with the money wasted on this place.
Whilst walking past reception to search for another hotel, incensed that even though we had booked months in advance we had obviously been given probably the worst room in the place, I told the same receptionist that I was very unhappy and I'd leave since I could not stand the noise in the 1st floor room (also directly over the disco floor please note). I was asked if I wanted to see the manager which I declined since if the hotel is FULL its FULL. What's the point and why would she lie to us?.....(and no I don't need a patronising response here from Mr Keogh the manager about how I should have asked for a quiet room.... we all expect a normal average room, especially when booked far in advance).
I was then INSTANTLY offered a quiet room on the 3rd floor at the back of the hotel!?!
So we moved upstairs to a much quieter room also with no aircon,scruffy like the previous room, grotty bathroom, (read the other reviews) but survivable. Draw your own conclusion, but I'd say the "best" rooms were being held back for walk-in late comers, and those who'd put their money up front were brushed off with the worst.
I'd never go back to this hotel, there are lots of hotels in this area and I'd politely suggest that you look at all the others first.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere, but telling them you're leaving and that they can keep the money worked for us.
3 Thank Bravo330
, General Manager at Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear Bravo330

Thank you for taking time to review the Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge. I would like to discuss this with you further. I would appeciate if you contact me directly. I am dissappointed to hear that because we are a 3 star hotel you were not expecting much. We pride ourselves on the level of service and hospitality we offer our guest. I am also dissappointed that you didn't take the opportunity during your stay to speak to a manager. I am very confident that we could have dealt with your concerns. We advertise our hotel as a city centre hotel and we do everything possible to limit the amount of noise within the rooms. We are lucky enough to enjoy a high occupancy rate and we certainly do not hold back rooms to sell as walkin business. I'm sure that when you initial spoke to reception about your room that we were indeed full. You can contact me at manager@arlington.ie.

Kind regards,