“A Lovely Spot!”

O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel
Ranked #57 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 29, 2014

I stayed in this hotel as part of a bus tour. It was a good call! The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the hotel has a great location by Merrion Square. The breakfasts were plentiful and tasty. I was delighted to discover that the hotel has a small but suitable fitness room. I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank sobaytravelguy
Andrei C, Front Office Manager at O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear sobaytravelguy,

Thank you for staying with us as part of a bus tour and for sharing your hotel review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, from our location, to the staff, breakfast, and the fitness room.
Thank you also for your recommendation. The team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Davenport Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has an excellent position of this hotel in the center but few minutes walk from the noisy roads of the temple bar or from the luas train line needed to get to the business areas.
Service team was excellent with the attention to specific requests that showed what customer care should be, especially at the lobby Andrei was very helpful.
I will definitely come back to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GCalav

Dear GCalav,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your wonderful hotel review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and the services that we offer. I do hope you will not leave it long before we will see you back with us again.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

The O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel is a comfortable, quiet, efficient hotel about a 10 to 15 minute walk from Temple Bar and no more than 5 minutes from Trinity College. It is in a quiet corner of the town yet two or three of the main museums and galleries are also situated within a 10 minute walk, so its location is ideal.
The hotel is not fancy but it is very clean, if a little old fashioned, and the rooms are perfectly adequate. The staff are supportive and helpful. The breakfast was first class, all the ingredients that I like, fruit, muesli, wholemeal bread and so on, readily available.
We ate in the restaurant/bar on one evening and were amazed at the generous size of the portions. The food was tasty although you might say that it was rather like the standard fare which you get in most hotels and restaurants in Dublin.
I would certainly go back to this hotel if I visit Dublin again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank George S

Dear GAS45,

Thank you for staying with us while in Dublin and also for taking the time to write your Hotel review which we greatly appreciate. I am delighted to hear that overall you had a great stay and would return to us in the future.
Our location is ideal while touring Dublin, as it is within walking distance of many museums, shopping, pubs and other points of interest, while situated in a quiet corner of the city which offers guest the comfort of a good night's sleep. I'm glad that you thought the same!
Thank you also for your kind comments regarding the staff in general, and for the breakfast and the food in President's Bar.

Myself and the team hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to us again when next in Dublin.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

This hotel is within walking distance of dublin city centre and is clean and tidy. It can be described of as basic however staff are friendly and polite and I would recommend it for a short business trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear leanne2389,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the Hotel review. I am delighted that you found the staff to be friendly and polite and that you enjoyed the location. Thank you also for your recommendation.

I do hope we will see you back at the Hotel if returning to Dublin at any time.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

My husband and I recently spent a week in Dublin at the O'Callaghan Davenport. This was an ideal location, easy walking distance to our favorite pubs and sights (10 minute walk). We were satisfied with the in room service and hotel pub. This was my husband's second stay at the hotel and we would stay here again if we return to Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz S
Andrei C, Front Office Manager at O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Dear Liz S,

Thank you and your husband for staying with us and also for taking the time to write your Hotel review which we greatly appreciate! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope we will see you back here at the Hotel when returning to Ireland.

With many thanks and best regards,

Reviewed August 25, 2014

This hotel is ideally located on Merrion Square. It is within 5 mins walking distance to pubs, restaurants and shops. Last Saturday night we had a group booking for 8 persons and it changed to 9 last minute. The hotel was full and it was proving impossible to find alternative accommodation in Dublin. I asked (Hugh I think) at reception if they could do anything and without any fuss he arranged an extra bed from their sister hotel and put it in our room. He called me when I was out for dinner to tell me it was done so I could relax and enjoy my night. Great service, I will be returning on my next visit to Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark S

Dear Mark S,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your wonderful 5 star review! I am very pleased that you had a great stay and that you found our location and service to be excellent. A special mention will go to Hugh for his assistance.
We are delighted and looking forward to your return to the Davenport Hotel.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

The Hotel is located in the center of Dublin in walking distance from many of the city recommended attractions (including Temple Bar street...). The reception process was good and efficient. The staff is polite and willing to help. The room is big enough with a flat TV and coffee making options. The view from the room is not great but its a typical urban view so I guess it's expectable in a city hotel. The bed was comfortable with 2 pillows to chose from. The bathroom is big enough. WiFi was good and stable. Breakfast was poor. Limited variety and no vegetables. It opens at 07:00 so if you have an early start you can't have the breakfast in the hotel. The walls are thin so it can become noisy sometimes.

Room Tip: High floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear kushi1963,

Thank you for staying with us recently and also for taking the time to give us your Hotel review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found the staff, rooms, and location to your liking.
As you mentioned, we are blessed with a central location that puts you within walking distance to many of Dublin's attractions, including Temple Bar area, Grafton street, Hop on Hop Off and many others. I am disappointed to hear you found breakfast to be poor. Your constructive criticism was passed on to the team to further discuss it. While the full Irish breakfast begins at 7am, we do understand some guests have early flights or early meetings and cannot wait until 7am for breakfast. As such with a short notice ahead, we are flexible in arranging some continental breakfast for guests before 7am.

Overall it sounds like you enjoyed your stay and the team and I look forward to welcome you back when next in Dublin.