O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$280
$233
$192
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$261
$224
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
1,754 results
All reviewsmerrion squaretrinity collegeginger mannational gallerywithin walking distancetemple barhop on hopjunior suiteexcellent locationlovely hotelgrafton stroom was largecentral locationbreakfast was includedwould highly recommend this hotelvisiting dublindevonport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Love--
The Davenport is willing to accommodate--I traveled with my 2 cousins-I'll tell you right now--not very many Hotels have rooms for 3 singles that they are wanting to bother accommodating--meaning 3 SINGLE beds in ONE room! DAVENPORT has the triple room set up--but PLEASE------set this ahead of time "conversation" up with a reservationist. Ask for Lucia (day) or Alec (night) though there are several desk personell that are awesome!

With one exception--Our last night 2/19/13 in the bar--yes it was very late(ha)--11:30pm--Alex (bartender) AWESOME!!! His Manager that evening was terribly rude to us and our guests. I'll gladly have a dialogue if Davenport personnel will call--which I'm sure they will--since that was the only problem of 5 Hotel nights we encountered!

E.Phillips

Room Tip: Barter for your time of year and if you are staying more than 3-4 days--they should gove you a break--also--they WILL charge you for WiFi if you book by phone or person. Book Online and make sure to verify the WiFi charge or "lack" there of. We booked 4 days online and left to Galway--decided to book back last night to Dublin "in person" before leaving to Galway--they were going to charge for WiFi my 5th night!!! Though they did reverse the charge out of professional courtesy--ALWAYS check this stuff!!!!! Other than that--they're awesome--not free brekkie--though they do have a great FULL Irish Breakfast (for fee) Over all for a cheapie like me--I felt it was a great value--considering i was needing a triple (3 adults)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
davenportgm, Manager at O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear SoLagEP

Thank you for all the positive feedback surrounding your stay at the O’Callaghan Davenport. I was disappointed to read of you negative experience with one of my night managers. I do not have the relevant details to contact you and I would like to gather more detail’s to aid the investigation and appreciate your discretion in the matter. If you could contact me at the below email address I would greatly appreciate that.

Kind Regards

davenportgm@ocallaghanhotels.com

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel over Valentines weekend. I have never stayed in such a lovely, friendly hotel as this one.
I would highly recommend to stay here, not only for the friendly atmosphere but it is also in the perfect location, with everything on your doorstep.
As soon as we turned up we were greeted with such helpful staff, in particular a lovely lady called Trudy who was on Reception. Her helpfulness on our trip was fantastic.

When we return to Dublin I will definitely be staying here again.

Thank you to all the staff that made our first little break away together perfect.

Just a tip, for a good restaurant in Dublin go to the Rustic Stone - amazing!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
davenportgm, Manager at O'Callaghan Davenport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Sadiet1

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review following your recent stay at the O’Callaghan Davenport Hotel. It is lovely to read your comments on the friendliness of the team and I will be sure to compliment Trudy on her excellent work and a job well done. We do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Great location and very comfy room. Stayed a weekend there a while back and had a great experience. Close to restaurants etc. Just head towards Grafton St or Stephen's Green. Some fancy places on Dawson St too, which is about 2-3 mins walk from Davenport.

Only minus was the tv wasn't working. Something to do with the telly box in the hotel??

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SOM1_Dublin_Ireland

Dear SOM1_Dublin_Ireland

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review following your stay at the O’Callaghan Davenport Hotel. We do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. We spent 3 nights here, in a very comfortable and spacious room. The hotel is clean and cosy, with an old-fashioned feel and look to it, which I loved. Check out some of the photos in the bar of famous people who have stayed there in the past. The location is excellent and the few times that I spoke to any of the staff, they were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again - the value for money was fantastic! (Also, the afternoon tea is a lovely way to spend an afternoon, even if you're not staying in the hotel).

Room Tip: Based on a review on this website, I requested a room at the back of the hotel, which I'd heard was quieter, and I was delighted to find that I heard nothing on any of the 3 nights I spent there.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear 11Banana1

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review following your recent stay at the O’Callaghan Davenport Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the positive things you wrote. We do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Our room was a comfortable size and was actually quite large for a hotel in Europe. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, bathrooms were clean and large, and the staff was friendly and helpful. When we arrived early the first morning, they stored our luggage while we went to breakfast and let us check in early. When we came back, they had taken our luggage to our room for us. The location is great. The hotel bar is a cozy place for a drink in the evenings. It is a very short walk to many museums, Grafton street shopping, and Trinity College. It is just across the street from Merrion Square and is in a very nice neighborhood. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again if I am lucky enough to return to Dublin in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank biologygal

Dear biologygal

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review following your recent stay at the O’Callaghan Davenport Hotel. We do hope you get to visit Dublin again soon and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.