“Good food, great value and a friendly service”
Review of Viva

Viva
Ranked #86 of 2,757 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Viva is a Traditional Authentic Spanish Tapas Restaurant right in the heart of Dublin city. Opening in Portobello has given us the opportunity to keep to our ethos of quality ingredients 100% Guaranteed tracable Irish and Spanish meats, Spanish cheeses, delicious Seafood, Deserts and a range of nearly 100 Spanish wines, Cavas and Craft Beer. With seating for over 80 people and outdoor seating in the front terrace and a private patio to the rear, al fresco dining is a pleasure on a warm balmy evening or a long weekend brunch with friends and bottomless cava cocktails, yum! All we need is a little sunshine and you would almost think you were in Spain give or take a few degrees! Taste is key, our menu offers a wide selection of tapas, raciones and main dishes including vegetarian and coeliac friendly options too. Early bird menu all day Tuesday & Wednesday as well as well as 5pm - 6:45pm every other day open. Brunch served, Saturday & Sunday's 12pm to 4:30pm.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We ate here on a Saturday, which we booked on the day. The waiting staff are really friendly and helpful. The place itself is a little small, but that makes for a cosy atmosphere. The value is exceptional for Dublin prices - most tapa were 4-6euro, with specials ranging up to 12€.
Overall we enjoyed what we ordered (6 tapa for two), though I must say I have had better tapas elsewhere - not to say it wasn't good here. My partner had some of the house red wine (Muriel tempranillo), which was really good.

1  Thank Andrew B

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Viva has great tapas at great prices. The wine was recommended by the staff and was a great choice. There's a lovely garden area out the back where we finished our drinks after our meal. I would definitely return and recommend to friends. Also, the creme catalana was delicious.

1  Thank durkashack
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We had a family dinner here during the long weekend and I cannot fault this place. From the warm welcome we received to the super friendly staff, Remi in particular was very welcoming. We started off with drinks first. We ordered Sangria (which is the best I've ever tasted!) and other members of our party ordered a bottle of wine which they enjoyed. Tapas followed, Patatas Bravas, Prawn with garlic oil, Calamari, Paella, Meatballs (which could have been a bit hotter but that would be my only complaint) & a salad which I can't remember the name. Everything tasted so good and there was no room for dessert!

Overall, it was a pleasant dining experience. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to a friend and will most definitely be back. If the weather is nice I recommend sitting outside on the back garden terrace.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Viva offers an excellent selection of tapas at really reasonable prices. We had a delicious meal -- the meatballs and chicken were especially good -- and were very impressed with the friendly and attentive service and lively atmosphere. Viva definitely lived up to the reviews.

1  Thank US2EU
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Fresh food, amazing salads and sangria. The atmosphere here is very relaxed and the service is wonderful. Thanks for the great meal during our stay in Dublin!

1  Thank Laura O