“Authentic spanish tapas experience in Dublin”
Review of Viva

Viva
Ranked #326 of 2,638 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Viva is a Traditional Spanish Tapas Restaurant right in the heart of Dublin city.We opened our doors to the public to share our love of good quality, great value Spanish food as we like to have at home.Opening in 27 South Richmond Street in Dublin 2 has given us the opportunity to keep to our ethos of good quality ingredients 100% Guaranteed tracable Irish and Spanish meats, Spanish cheeses, delicious Seafood, Premium Spanish Coffees, a wide selection of Teas, Traditional Deserts and a good range of Spanish, Argentinian and Chillean wines and Cavas...With seating for over 80 people and outdoor seating in the front and a private Terrace to the rear al fresco dining is a pleasure on a warm balmy evening or a long brunch with friends.All we need is a little sunshine and you would almost think you were in Spain give or take a few degrees!We love to cook and nothing gives us more pleasure than a customers gratitude and compliments to the chef.Taste is key and expanding our menu little by little offering you the best we can along with our keen pricing we know you will enjoy our food again and again. Viva!
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was crushed when I discovered that viva españa at the epicurean foodhall had closed a few weeks ago. I had really felt that family owned restaurant was special. All the food there felt so genuinely spanish & the staff (mama & her two loyal sons) were bringing the warmth and energy which only true spanish can give so readily.

But as luck would have it, I discovered today that my fav spanish tapitas merchants (and undoubtedly the best own in town) have moved to richmond street in a restaurant far exceeding their humble premise. The new place is fantastic. big sitting upstairs and a basement section but the terrasse at the back really put a smile on our face. The staff is friendly, attentive & accomodating. The food is the most authentic spanish fare you will find this side of the pond.

There are newer reviews for Viva

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I really love this restaurant. I used to eat there when they were located in Abbey st and but new location is much better with a great patio! They are really nice and I really like the food. It is like going back to Spain! They have tapas, stews and the calamaris are amazing. Will come back!

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

On Wednesday evening my partner and I dropped into this lovely restaurant, the tables outside were taken so we made our way to the terrace which has a really nice seating area, we ordered a carafe of sangria while we looked at the menu.

I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived, the carafe was massive with a nice selection of fruit and still had a kick to it ,not a watered down ribena that some other dublin restaurants try to pass off as sangria, Havanas being one that instantly comes to mind.

We ordered bread and dip, calamari, mushroom croquettes, potato bravas and paella, it was all really lovely,the portions were a decent size and very reasonably priced, between €4.50 and €5.00.
I'm always a bit worried about ordering tapas ....how many is enough?? The four we ordered were plenty!!! Pleasantly full.

The mushroom croquettes were gorgeous filled with a really tasty bechmel sauce and the calamari was so tasty we were both really impressed. The customer service was excellent but not intrusive in any way.
The bill only came to €31.50 for all the above. Excellent value!

There was very little to find fault with, though my partner was disappointed that there were no Spanish beers on the menu but the waiter explained that they currently only had a wine licence but were upgrading bit by bit. I hope viva maintain their high standards and don't drop them once established as other eateries have done.

I hope viva is here to stay its such a little gem!!! I am already looking forward to my next visit.

Sharon
Dublin 6

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent portion sizes good. Rami very friendly. Overall experience was excellent. Gorgeous beer garden. Worth a try I would highly recommend it. Give its try portions good. Prawns excellent. House wine very good too v& c

gazmask, Owner at Viva, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you so much for all the compliments V & C,
Rami and all the staff are only delighted to have you back anytime.
Always a pleasure.
Regards,
Gareth

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I went today with 4 friends and we had really gud food and nice service too, we´ll repeat again.
One of my best friend told me about it last week, and i just went to check it

gazmask, Owner at Viva, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Wow Carlitos,
Thank you for the 5star review.
Were delighted you enjoyed your Viva experience and hope to have you back soon.
Regards,