“Authentic Spanish tapas in Dublin”
Review of Viva

Viva
Ranked #309 of 2,596 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Viva is a Traditional Spanish Tapas Restaurant right in the heart of Dublin city.We opened our doors to the public to share our love of good quality, great value Spanish food as we like to have at home.Opening in 27 South Richmond Street in Dublin 2 has given us the opportunity to keep to our ethos of good quality ingredients 100% Guaranteed tracable Irish and Spanish meats, Spanish cheeses, delicious Seafood, Premium Spanish Coffees, a wide selection of Teas, Traditional Deserts and a good range of Spanish, Argentinian and Chillean wines and Cavas...With seating for over 80 people and outdoor seating in the front and a private Terrace to the rear al fresco dining is a pleasure on a warm balmy evening or a long brunch with friends.All we need is a little sunshine and you would almost think you were in Spain give or take a few degrees!We love to cook and nothing gives us more pleasure than a customers gratitude and compliments to the chef.Taste is key and expanding our menu little by little offering you the best we can along with our keen pricing we know you will enjoy our food again and again. Viva!
Ballyhaunis, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Spanish tapas in Dublin”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Brilliant value for money-took me back to my time in Southern Spain. Lovely staff too.
Wish I didn't live in the West of Ireland- bit will definitely visit next time I'm in Dublin.
!Que rico!!

• Visited December 2012

• Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food, Excelent atmosphere !!!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Good prices and friendly staff. Yum Yum Yum. Excellent Spanish food. The food is just like Spanish homemade food, specially because its made bu the owner and his lovely mother.
Thanks to all of you guys.
Br, Matias

• Visited December 2012
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food - much better than it looks”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I would give this a higher rating for food as it was really excellent. However, you can easily walk past as the display on the counter doesn't do them justice. The staff were at pains to make sure we were happy, though they should be treated to a new crisp, white outfit apiece by the boss.

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Attracted with all the excellent reviews, I decided to give this place a try. It was a terrible mistake! As no paella was left, I chose lentil stew. What I got was utterly disappointing – a soup-like liquid with about three spoons of lentils floating in it. Unappetising and tasteless. Felt totally ripped off. For a price of 5 euro I could have had an excellent cream soup in a nearby café. Don't know if they ran out of stew and decided to dissolve the rest of it in water just to earn some more cash or it was a standard quality meal. Whatever the case, it was totally unacceptable! Besides, I have some doubts regarding the hygiene standards of this place. The cooking lady's apron really could use some soap. It looked as if it hadn't been washed for a long long time.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank anaconda-ldn
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't miss it!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you like Spanish food, you won't be disapointed
Well, at last I found a Spanish restaurant in Dublin that serves proper Spanish food without trying to adapt it to the Irish palate (there is always Santa Ponsa for that), in other words, it tastes the very same as eating in a family run restaurant in Spain. And that's exactly what it is, a family run restaurant, with the mother cooking the same way as she did in Spain all her life and her son serving it with a smile and a good chat.
As a Spaniard and a chef myself I am full of praise and admiration for their work, Epicurean indeed. I've been there twice so far and planning more visits to try the whole menu as everything that I've tried has been delicious. I'll be also spreading the word as my good deed of the day.

Gracias Marianela, Ramiro e Ignacio!

• Visited October 2012
gazmask, Owner at Viva, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hi 3Dulce21,
Thanks so much for taking the time to post such a great review. No doubt we'll see you soon to complete your personal quest to taste your way through our menu.
Muchas Gracias,