“Poor customer service”

Harrys on the Green
Ranked #861 of 2,558 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Inspired by below street level New York style bars, Harry's on the Green today creates an environment in which "to see and be seen." The elaborate bars and discreet lounge areas make for a classic and convivial ambience. By late afternoon/evening the mood shifts to more of a party atmosphere offering inspired sharing platters as well as our full menu along with artful cocktails concocted by our experienced mixologists.
Dublin, Ireland
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I recently visited Harry's to watch a Spanish football match. I was really disappointed that the match was not turned on, even though most of the people in the bar clearly were there to watch it. The bar manager did not respond to this demand, despite repeated requests, which really disapointed me. In addition, his response was not adequate and it just left a bad atmosphere.

On a positive note, the food was nice and the surroundings are good. The bar staff were also trying to do their best (but failing to get match switched on).

I would recommend returning - only if they sort out their customer service ethos.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank dapower

Rochester, New York
1,952 restaurant reviews
“A complete waste of a meal”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Looking down the list of other reviewers, I see a lot of glowing reports about Harry's on the Green, so perhaps we just caught this place on a bad night. We dined at Harry's on our last night ni Dublin, and we wanted someplace that looked a little special. This place had an outdoor tent-like arrangement that was filled with diners, and an attractive-looking dining room inside. So we decided to give it a shot, and were seated (after a wait) at a nice corner booth inside.

From the very start of our meal, service was spotty at best. Everything from getting menus and silverware, to placing our order was lengthy and confused, and I'm pretty certain that we didn't have a single assigned waiter the entire dinner.

Ordering dinner and being served were frustrating, at best, and no one checked up on us once we received our food. Our nine year-old daughter ran out of milk, and I asked three times (to no avail) before deciding to walk up to the bar myself and get the stuff. The bartender told me that they were short a couple of servers that night, but that is not my problem!

I also ordered a steak that night, which is unusual for me because I'm usually a seafood person. But they seemed to pride themselves on their beef, so steak is what I ordered....medium-rare. What I finally received yet another lengthy wait) was a very tough, very overcooked piece of meat that could have once been the sole of my shoe. It was insane. Additionally, we couldn't even start right in on our dinner because for some reason, they brought three of our four entrees out, but not my wifes. We sat there for another 10-15 while they did whatever they were doing in the back to get it going.

I'm sorry to say this, but of our entire two week vacation in Ireland, Harry's on the Green had both the worst food and the worst service we encountered anyway. (And for a high price, too!) A complete flop...I would never go back.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Larry W
Norfolk,UK
“brilliant”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We were advised to try this place whilst in Dublin and decided to hit 'harrys' on new year eve. The staff were brilliant and although we didnt have a table booked found us one and looked after us very well.
The cocktails are amazing and the meal was brilliant very good value for money.

• Visited December 2011
Carlow, Ireland.
“Good atmosphere for Xmas party”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Had our staff Xmas party here. Since I didn't pay for any drink or food, I cannot comment on the prices but what I will say is that the finger food we got was good and there wasn't much of it left! The waiters knew their job and got all our multiple orders correct (which was no easy task!). There was a good buzz about the place overall. We were there early and got seats but as the night went on we all just mingled with the crowd. It was a decent venue for a Xmas party and the decor/layout etc has improved a lot since it was Major Tom's. Overall, I was happy enough but since I did not pay for any food or drink, you may want to check other reviews for prices and value for money.

Visited December 2011
London, United Kingdom
“cocktail heaven with the option of food”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

,,we had lunch here and we were surprised how good the food is,food portions were very good ,staff friendly, service prompt and good value for money,over all not a bad place for lunch.

• Visited December 2011