Ways to Experience Wild Rover Tours
from $41.95
from $85.03
from $85.03
11,770 results
All reviews giants causeway black taxi tour day trip northern ireland galway city the bus rope bridge political tour titanic museum great tour wicklow mountains wild atlantic way driver john great driver irish countryside dunluce castle highly recommend this tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A really well organised day from the beginning. Both the tour guide (Murphy) and driver (James) were the highest of comedic and educational value the entire way, not only explaining the history behind the main attractions, but also into the smaller towns and lesser known sites you drive through/past. Would highly recommend for an easy, organised day trip to get a glimpse of Galway and other attractions if you’re tight with time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great time with Murphy and James, best tour guide and driver ever... they’re fun, hilarious and prone to Shenanigans and Malarkey

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This tour was great. Our tour guide Nick was very informative and led a great tour. Driver John was also very friendly and an excellent driver. Both made the day an enjoyable experience. Would tour with Wild Rover again.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It s very awesome tour!!!
kind people and gorgeous landscape!!
Nick and John were perfect guide and driver!!
memorable!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First I took the Glendalough, Wicklow and Kilkenny tour with Aisling (and our driver sorry I forgot his name). (I went on a Sunday, on other days the tour is done in the opposite order). It was a pretty rainy day, luckily it let let up for the walk to the lakes. The lakes are very pretty, although not my favorite sight in Ireland. Then we had a sheepdog trial which was cool to see. Then we drove through the mountains (with just one stop to take foggy pictures) and drove to Kilkenny. Aisling gave a walking tour there but it was raining so I decided to go into the castle (it's 8 euros for a self guided tour, and you can see everything in less than an hour). The inside of the castle is pretty cool, it's pretty much like other old furnished palaces. Because of the rain I felt like I had a bit too much time in Kilkenny once I finished the castle but there was also time to eat and walk around a little. Then there's a bit of a drive back to Dublin, Aisling also gave us recommendations of what to do, where to eat, etc. In Dublin.

The next day I did the Northern Ireland tour with guide Dave and driver Sidney. Dave was amazing, funny, entertaining, caring - the best guide I've had my whole trip! The best thing he did was tell us to introduce ourselves to the people sitting next to us which I especially appreciated as I was traveling solo!
He also shared his own stories with us, including that he will only be doing a few more tours before moving on to other things, unfortunately for future tourists!
We drove straight to Belfast where we could decide between black cab tours about The Troubles or the Titanic museum. Most people, including me, chose the black cabs because it's supposed to be a unique experience whereas there are other Titanic museums and they will always be around. Please note that the northern Ireland accent can be difficult to understand. It probably depends on your driver, but unfortunately we could not understand barely ANYTHING our guide Liam was saying because he spoke so low and his accent was so hard to decifer. We got more information in a few minutes from Dave than we did from our cab guide. Im not really sure what can be done in this case, maybe make sure you can understand your guide first? Or do the Titanic tour instead. We did get to see some murals, memorials and the peace wall but I really feel like we didn't get everything we could out of the tour (because I know our guide was sharing important personal experiences). There was a bit of time after the tour to eat or go inside the Titanic museum just to see the entrance without going in. (You get dropped off by the museum).

We then made 2 stops by GoT filming sites. I wished we could have gone inside Dunluce castle but we just got to see it from afar.

Then we went to the Giants causeway, the highlight of the day!! Forecast said to expect rain but we were lucky to get AMAZING weather, I could have stayed there for much longer! You get to take an audio guide or do a short guided tour, I did the guide because it's more independent. On the way back up to the visitors center you can take a bus, it's 1 gbp or 1.2 euro.

We next went to the Carrick a rede rope bridge. It's 1km walk to get the bridge, including about 100 steps going down (you have to go up and walk the way back). I did the walk but didn't do the bridge as I'm afraid of heights. It was still a nice view to enjoy, but as I said the Giants causeway was really the main highlight.

Then you have about 3 hours drive back to Dublin, with a short rest stop after 2.4 hours and 50 minutes before reaching dublin. That's really the hardest part of the trip because it's just driving with nothing more to see and no more commentary until the last stretch.

For both tours, do keep in mind that there is a lot of driving and then 2 or 3 main stops, with one or two short photo ops. If that's not your thing, you might be better of trying to go on your own or basing yourself closer to the points of interest. Also do look into the stops they make, if there are certain things that interested you more or less, than you can look into other tours that stop at slightly different places. The long drives were a little hard but for me it was worth it to be able to base myself in Dublin and get around without a car! PS if you think you will take more than one tour, make sure you book both at the same time to get a discount on the second tour (and you can set it up so that the second tours is the more expensive one ;) )

Date of experience: September 2019