“Awesome location!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 105 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Simi Valley, California
“Awesome location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with another couple and really enjoyed our stay. All of the city sights were walking distance, the staff was super helpful and attentive, and the bedding and bathroom were clean. I would absolutely stay here again! One little detail I should mention- Dublin parties hard all through the night... it was pretty loud at night, but I feel like that would be the case at any hotel/hostel in the middle of all the action!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My son and I stayed two nights and really enjoy the room and the stay. The staff were very nice and the rooms were very clean. Great location for sightseeing and close to good places to eat. Wood definitely come back and stay and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed for one night with my boyfriend in a twin room. Very nice room, comfortable beds and very clean facilities. Staff were very helpful and friendly.It was very quiet tostay here also. The hostel was located at a short distance from O O'Connell street which was a plus. Stairs were annoying and very basic breakfast but the price we paid i did not expect to much. Overall I would stay here again and would hope they would put a lift in :P

Room Tip: Ensuits are at the top floor and there is 72 steps ha
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

It is in a good location in the city. Quite, well organized and secured rooms. Showers, bathrooms are clean. Comfortable and feel secury in your stay. Friendly staffs guide you to things you need. It's great place to be in. I'll back here surely, when get in Dublin.

Room Tip: Batrooms are clean. Higher floors are more quite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed at the Kinlay House for three nights in May with three friends. Room was very small but manageable. Communal bathrooms were clean, internet service was OK, Best part was the location, close enough to Temple Bar but far enough away to be quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank stmandula
Verona, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I Made a mistake in my riservation but the staff Made bis real best for helping us to Find an accommodation in a very kind way.
Place is clean and warm.
The location is fantastic. Bathroom are clean. No noise during the night
For sure se Will ne back

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary P, General Manager at Kinlay House, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hostel. Please get in touch if you are returning to Dublin and we will give you a 20% discount of your next stay.
Best Regards
Mary
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I always stay here when I come to Dublin. The staff are lovely, rooms are clean and there is always an open and secure feel about the place. The breakfast is great too and I always feel at home. It's buzzy lively and in a great location.

My only concern is for the poor turtle in the fish tank at reception. He has no space. He can't move and he disturbs me every time I go there. Please please get a bigger tank and more water. I think the facebook plea for a friend is not helpful as there is not even room for one turtle there. I hope next time I come I will see a happy turtle swimming around!

Thanks!! (I'm not even an ' animal person')

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks you for your review and we are glad that you enjoy staying with us. Regarding Titto our turtle, we work closely with Reptile Kingdom, Copper Alley, Dublin 2, who assure us that Tiito's tank is perfect for him and that he does have enough water. Please do not think that we don't care about Titto as our reception staff put a lot of time and effort into his care. When his girlfriend arrives we will get them both a nice new tank. I hope this addresses your concerns.
Best Regards