“Great hostel”
Review of Kinlay House

Kinlay House
Ranked #14 of 119 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was good. My room was lovely, really spacious and the bathroom was always clean. They have a decent kitchen and plenty of common space, and the laundry facilities were handy as well. Not the most central hostel in Dublin, but still pretty close to everything. Just across the road from the oldest fish and chip restaurant in Dublin!

• Stayed: May 2013
Mary P, General Manager at Kinlay House, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thanks for reviewing our hostel and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please contact us if you are returning to Dublin and we will give you a 20% repeat stay discount.

There are newer reviews for Kinlay House

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed in Kinlay house for 13 days as I needed a place where to stay while waiting for the flat to be ready and it was really good. I've been in many hostels around Europe and this is so far the best one. The name is right, is more of a cosy house. The kitchen is not bad, is quite furnished for being a hostel kitchen and the dining room is nice. The cleanliness was really good, especially in the toilets, wasn't that bad to have to shower in a shared toilet for the first time. The staff was really friendly and helpful anytime I needed anything. I'll recommend this hostel to every friend coming to Dublin to visit me. Good experience

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SteffJoan

Thanks for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We came here after having a great experience at Kinlay in Galway. It's was great too. Less food options, but the same great atmosphere and people. After figuring out I lost my passport (nightmare) the staff helped me SO much and I ended up finding it (back in Galway...). Needless to say, I owe them big time. They're fantastic. The facilities are great. It's clean and cute and wonderful. The location is perfect too! Stayed at the Generator in Dublin too and this was FAR superior. Stay here!!!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks so much for your review. Do get in touch if you are coming back to Dublin and we can offer you a 20% discount off a repeat stay.
Happy traveling
Mary!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at Kinlay House for 3 nights. As my first experience staying a hostel it was pleasant enough. Had internet access, very simple breakfast (toast and coffee), comfortable bed. It was clean but run down. The common room as smelly and the most run down so did not stay in there very long. Lol! Front desk was fairly helpful. I would stay again mainly due to location and price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Mary P, Manager at Kinlay House, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. If you are returning to Dublin please contact me and I will arrange your booking to include a 20% repeat stay discount.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Staying at Kinlay House is a good experience. It's the most convenient to go around the city due to the location in Temple bar (i.e. the inner centre), the ratio price/quality is also a good advantage for low budgets travellers. The staff and the facilities are also putting a real good atmosphere on your staying there. Do not hesitate!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Mary P, Manager at Kinlay House, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hostel. If you are returning to Dublin please contact me and I will arrange your booking to include a 20% repeat stay discount.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I've been staying in hotels (the posher the better) for the past 15 years and had forgotten along the way what a great experience hostels can offer. This one in particular was great with very friendly staff, a big kitchen, links to loads of Dublin activities, perfect location, lots of communal space and generally very clean.

My only gripe was that I paid twice as much online as someone who turned up on the day. I guess that's probably common for hostels. I stayed in a 20 bed room and only three beds were occupied so was very quiet despite being a Friday night.

I had trouble sleeping as my bunk was uncomfortable. When I woke I inspected it and found a section missing from underneath. Had a bit of a backache for the rest of the day. Given it was the only bed in the room with such a fault I was surprised they put me in it (as I pre-booked and the others were empty).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
ronanbrady, Manager at Kinlay House, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Apologies for the broken bunk, we have now fixed this problem. If you are returning to Dublin and would like to stay with us again please contact me and I will send you a discount voucher.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I booked 3 nights at Kinlay House and was pretty disappointed with the experience. For starters, the male staff I encountered were snarky, rude, and had a bad attitude. Every answer to questions I asked was responded with a sarcastic, cynical tone, and that was not appreciated. The rooms need updating-they were rundown and our toilet in our dorm ran constantly. I think this hostel could use a fresher, kinder atmosphere. Otherwise, the location is great.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your stay with us was disappointing. Can you let me know the dates you stayed with us and the name booking was in? I would to know what staff member you dealt with as this service is not acceptable. Thanks in advance for your help with this.
manager@kinlaydublin.ie