Isaacs Hostel
$181
$281
$247
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$206
$189
$423
$283
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Stauntons on the Green(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$227
$189
  • Breakfast included
$221
$201
  • Pool
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$120
$234
  • Restaurant
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$183
$159
Orbitz.com
2,324 results
All reviewsfree saunathe free walking tourfree breakfastpub crawlcommon areascommon roomtrain linebed dormlight sleeperenjoyed my staycity centretemple barwifibackpackersearplugspubsireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Clean beds, great people, workers were wonderful. They offer free walking tours and a pub crawl for cheap. Fun place id love to come back! The wifi kind of sucked but that is my only complaint. The bathrooms and showers were clean too. Great common area to talk to people and hang out with friends. Great locations. Walking distance to town and temple bar!

Isaacs-hostel, Guest Relations Manager at Isaacs Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Great Feedback Thanks a Million

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I feel this is one of the better hostels I've stayed in, nice and clean. Certainly the best in Dublin. Okay value too, it cost me under €30 for 3 night in an 8 bed dorm.

It's about a 5 min west by foot from The Spire/GPO on O'Connel St, so it's easy to find your way around, and a Luas stop (red line) is nearby, so you can get to the east/west of Dublin easily enough, and to Heuston Station. The hostel's on a little alley off Talbot St, which is also home to Dublin Connolly rail station, and Busáras is just round the corner if you want to get out of the city by coach.

If you're interested in more Irish history, you'll walk by St Mary's Pro-Cathedral on the way into the city centre. It's an nice, often forgotten window into Ireland's long and complex history. Also on that turning is a nice little bakery too, I'd recommend the wholemeal soda bread, only €2.60 (a slice of bread and a cuppa tea=heaven... I brought some home!). Also there's a Tesco Express if you're wanting to cook for yourself.

Other reviewers have mentioned it's down a back alley, and immediate area itself isn't too great. As you come off O'Connel St, there is a department store and a couple of generic tourist pubs, which fade out and become €0.99 shops and kebab takeaways, it reminded me of the not-so-posh end of Edgware Road in London. Nothing dangerous, as some have suggested, it's just a bit run-down and neglected, as many parts of a large city can be. There is An Garda Síochána station a stone's throw away, if you're worrying. But I was in Dublin to enjoy the culture and the history, not the boring kebab shops anyway, so it made no difference to me.

For me, the biggest gripe was that it was directly adjacent to a rail line going into Connolly. In fact my room was on the same level as the train tracks, so I could wave at commuters coming into town from my own bed. That wasn't a huge issue for me, it wasn't loud or anything. But it'd have been nice to have known, their website is pretty quiet on that! If you're worried about the noise, I'd suggest either earplugs, or another hostel.

A fairly social hostel too, I met some cool people. Free Wi-Fi means you'll have to expect some glued to their laptops in the main seating area in the evenings, but many hostels are like that now...

They offer a returner discount of 10% if you come back in 6 months. I'd certainly recommend the hostel to anybody, but I personally would be looking to explore another area of the Fair City when I return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Isaacs-hostel, Guest Relations Manager at Isaacs Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Hey many thanks for your detailed and helpful review of the Hostel and the area . We are so glad you had a positive experience and hope you come back soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Location is good, in the sense that all the major attractions are walking distance, but at the same time I found the immediate area to be a bit dodgy. I unfortunately witnessed a couple performing sex acts in a car in the alley way directly in front of the hostel (and it was daylight too!) and in the same alley there was a lot of public urination happening too. This made me feel uncomfortable walking back to the hostel at night on my own as a solo 18 year old female. Free breakfast was nice and the basement is great (there's even a free sauna down there). Staff were great too. Facilities were clean although for such a big hostel, the kitchen is very small and cramped. Great value for money.
Unfortunately, due to the area and some creepy guests at the hostel, it's the only place I've been where I felt uncomfortable and insecure as a young solo traveler. Maybe would be better if traveling with friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary F
Isaacs-hostel, Guest Relations Manager at Isaacs Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond. we are sorry you felt the area was not the best. As with any City Centre there will be occasionally some undesirable elements and our aim is to make you feel safe and secure as possible . the location is so central and handy for all transport links which is great for our many solo female travelers. If any guests are a nuisance to other guests we will always try and take action necessary . Many thanks for your positive comments about the hostel.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

ideal place to go with friends. Perfect for enjoying with young people, plus you can rent bikes at a very desirable price! the only bad thing was that when we arrived in the room to something cold....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura_eme2014

Many thanks for your great comments . We will also check out the heating in your room to see if any issue there.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed here for four nights in a mixed dorm and shared bathroom. It was in a perfect location for us right next to the bus station for the airport, around the corner from a main street full of shops and just a 15 minute walk from temple bar .. which we walked each night, not using a taxi once.

the staff were really helpful and there is plenty of space in the public areas to connect to the wifi when needed. The lockers are all in the basement which for us was up or down four flights of stairs which got old by the fourth night but made sure we got a little exercise each day!!

For £11 a night I really had no complaints until the housekeeping staff changed the bottom sheets and pillow cases then folded the duvets unchanged on the end of the beds ready for our next bunk mates arrival!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rosanna E
NiamhBro, Public Relations Manager at Isaacs Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We do try our best to offer the best value in accommodation but you must agree that even at this time of the year €11 is amazing value for bed, breakfast and free wifi etc. We do however wash and change our duvet covers daily as well as sheets and pillowcases for new arrivals. I will be investigating your comments as the only thing I can think of is that the same guests were booked in again. We have a policy of changing sheets every 3 days for longer term residents and perhaps that is what happened.