Isaacs Hostel
$187
$181
  • Restaurant
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$157
$267
$258
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$127
$123
2,323 results
All reviewsfree saunathe free walking tourfree breakfastpub crawlcommon areascommon roomtrain linebed dormlight sleeperenjoyed my staycity centretemple barwifibackpackersearplugspubsireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Apart from housekeeping, everything about this hostel was either good or very good. A quick tip - please smell duvets covers' both sides as soon as you enter the room. I will be short - from what I saw housekeepers change bed sheets and pillow cases but they leave the same duvets covers. When guests leave the hostel housekeepers fold nicely already used duvets with the same covers on making them look like freshly changed. I was the unlucky who had an extremely smelly one making me nearly puke. The rest of the hostel was good...oghh well.. you cannot really get asleep if your room is allocated next to wc and showers because people keep going there all night long

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
NiamhBro, Public Relations Manager at Isaacs Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to note down your issues with the hostel. SInce your review we have undertaken a complete review of our own in-house procedures regarding bed linen and we have instigated spot checks. Our policy is to change bed linen - pillow cases, sheets and duvets for every new arrival. Our daily housekeeping list indicated which beds are for new arrivals and which are what we call "stay overs" - i.e. they will be sleeping in that bed again - we don't change their bed linen. It is our policy and our commitment to offer every new arrival a full set of clean bed linen and I am sorry that this did not appear to be the case when you stayed but I would like to thank you for alerting us to this fact and I can confirm that things have been tightened up in this area.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have stayed in this hostel now 3 times on different occasions.. Each time it has be great.. It's a hostel so don't be expecting the ritz ;-) rooms we're clean , staff friendly, nice hang out area, nice vibe and atmosphere, the train can be annoying but hey deal with it.. Seen one review which said there was only one socket in a 8 bed dorm room,talking crap.. I've stayed in those rooms.. There is plenty of sockets to go crazy with.. Slán

Room Tip: Ask to avoid getting a room right beside the train, ha ;-)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Isaacs-hostel, Guest Relations Manager at Isaacs Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Love your review and PS Very happy you think we have enough sockets !

Reviewed December 12, 2013

A really nice place to stay when you are away in Dublin just for the weekend, with the airlink bus stop really nearby to your hostel and the city center only 10 mins walking distance!
The staff was friendly and the facilities were clean,I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks a mill- and come back soon sweet guest !

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was so disappointed with this hostel. Everything in my room made noise - creaky beds and floor boards, train tracks outside the window, noise in the hallway. Needless to say it was difficult to sleep. Only one plug in an 8 bed dorm which is so poor jn this day and age, everyone has electronics that need charging. The hostel itself was so overheated which made going outside in Dublin winter even more unpleasant due to the vast temperature change. The wifi only works on the ground floor. The lockers (which you have to pay extra for) are in the basement. I paid for my locker when I checked in and when I checked out the staff member ripped me off by saying I needed to pay for an extra day even though I was returning my key at 7.30 AM. He couldn't explain this - even said the first and last day of rental were free and then backtracked and said they weren't. I wanted to stay to argue with him further but I had a plane to catch. I was so happy to get out of there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Belinda R

We are so so sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Isaacs and to have disappointed you . If you can send your email we will respond personally to each of your points.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Location is very good, and the hostel is beautiful, specially the basement, with chairs, tables, sofas, wifi access and many sockets/outlets. Unfortunately, some selfish guests used the sofas as beds, making it impossible to sit. Too hippie... They didn't care at all, even if the place was full of people and you really needed that sofa... That happened the 3 days I was there, so this basement didn't seem to be managed by the hostel, only by guests. To access the bedroom there was like three doors, very isolated, so there wasn't any disturbing noise, even tough there wasn't enough power outlets and that is always a problem. Employees were very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for your comments and so pleased you loved the Hostel. Sorry about the situation with the lazy sofa hoggers - it is a good point and though we encourage a chilled out atmosphere we also want out guests to understand that sharing is caring !