“We'll be back!”

Molesworth Court Suites
Ranked #88 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 21, 2005

I needed to go to Dublin for a week on business. I normally stay at Hiltons, but this time I wanted to bring along my husband and our three year old - so I was looking for something homier. Boy, did we find a "gem" at Molesworth Court. I chose it for its fantastic location in business/retail district. It's a short walk to Grafton Street and the LUAS.
We'll be back because of the most excellent service on top of facilities that are up-to-date and feature all you'd need. We had a two-bedroom suite which was perfect for our party.
At the end of the week we were so pleased that I extended my stay another night.
Rionna, the manager, is as gracious and perfect a host as you could hope for. After an initial misunderstanding about our arrival time (make sure you are specific) she apologized by sending up a very nice bottle of red wine. Great from start to end.

12  Thank omenniatpac

Reviewed November 21, 2005

This is an amazing place to stay in the heart of Dublin! The location really couldnt be better. We upgraded to a penthouse suite which was a 2floor, 3bedroom apartment complete with open log burning fire! The balcony was also huge but a bit cold for eating al freso in Dublin in November!!! We had such an enjoyable stay and will definately be back!

• Stayed: November 2005
14  Thank icyoubaby
Reviewed November 14, 2005

This was a great apartment for our family to stay at while in Dublin. The location is awesome. Grafton Street, Trinity College, St Stephens Green are all within a 5 minute walk. Plenty of shopping, pubs, restaurants are also in the immediate area. The hotel staff really treats you as if you are family and will help you with any detail, grocery shopping etc... The kids loved this place. The walls are solid so you can't hear any noise from your neighbors and they can't hear yours. A taxi ride from the airport will run you between 20-25 euros. There is mass transportation very close by and all of the hop on, hop off tour buses are within a 5 minute walk. This truly is a home away from home in the center of Dublin. If you have small children take them to feed the ducks in St Stephens Green park, they will love it. Cheers.

• Stayed: November 2005
16  Thank Akba
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 17, 2005

I had to go to Dublin for work, and as I was staying for four days I wanted something home-like, rather than a hotel. My apartment was a two-bedroom suite and I paid 140 per night euro for this (for 4 people I think it would be 160 euro). The bed was one of the most comfortable I've been in - duvets with nice white cotton covers (great as I can't stand blankets and sheets). Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and washing machine though I didn't use these. On the whole I'd recommend this as a great alternative to staying in a hotel. The downside for some might be that you have to take care of your own dishes, put out your own rubbish etc for a short stay (though you can put towels out for them to wash if you like) as they only service the rooms twice a week. I didn't find this a problem but some people might. On the upside, you can keep a bottle of wine in the fridge, cook yourself some pasta, and enjoy peace and quiet in a tranquil setting, with Grafton Street only a short (5 minute) walk away.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 9, 2005

Full suite, with nice kitchen and sitting room. Quiet street, but great central location. Riona even helped us pick up our car from a nearby parking garage (because we got lost coming into town). You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2005
10  Thank jogoderic1
Reviewed August 27, 2005

This place gets such high marks on TripAdvisor I was beginning to suspect Riona and Deirdre were writing these reviews themselves. Kidding aside, Molesworth Court honestly is as good as all the reviews say. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit 4 days last week and absolutely loved it. Riona and Deirde were also extremely pleasant and helpful. We were greeted with warm Irish countryside hospitality right in the heart of the Dublin city.
Molesworth Court's location is near perfect, right in the best part of Dublin and you can truly walk to just about anything within 5 minutes. Grafton Street, Trinity College, St Stephen's Green, The National Gallery, National Museum, National Library, Leinster House are all just one or two blocks from the front door.
All the rooms have balconies and the penthouses have very nice terraces. If you are not staying in the penthouses, I would recommend trying to get one of the rooms in the back of the building because they have an added bonus of overlooking the nice little courtyard of the lawyers office behind.
The suites are nicely decorated, all of the furniture in the rooms was modern and in good condition, and the beds were very comfortable.
The only possible things I could find that may detract someone from choosing Molesworth:
1. There is currently no broadband internet access, only dialup. Riona did advise they are actively working on getting the building wired for highspeed access, so this may not be an issue in the future. Good news is that Ron Black's pub (not the small lounge but the bigger one) around the corner on Dawson street has free wireless access, so you can order a pint and surf to your heart's content.
2. Molesworth Court is located on a small one way lane/alley of which one side is very quaint with small shops and a high-end restaurant called One Pico, and the other side is somewhat unattractively dotted with a parking garage and the backside other buildings. The good thing about this location is that it is dead quiet at night and you don't get any noise from traffic or drunken partiers when the pubs let out. Although it's an alley we never felt unsafe or uneasy walking through there during the day or late at night. Most of the people we saw walking through lane were either dressed in business attire during the day or dressed to go out for dinner at night.
3.You are staying in a very nice apartment not a hotel room. There is no daily maid service and the front desk is not staffed 24 hours a day. Keeping that in mind, Molesworth is ideal for a family or a group of 3 or more and a great value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2005
31  Thank c_marmont
Reviewed August 17, 2005

Well located near Dublin's centre, a friendly welcome awaits. The facilities are first class and are available at a reasonable price.

10  Thank Garioch