“Simply superb”

Molesworth Court Suites
Ranked #92 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Having stayed in several self catering apartments over the years in Dublin I can safely say I have found the best! Right in the middle of town with gorgeous restaurants and pubs all round, 2 minutes from all the shopping Grafton street has to offer and a short trip to the O2 (the reason we were in the capital). Greeted by manager Rionna, we were smoothly shown around and everything quickly explained with some nice recommendations for pubs etc in the local area, the apartment was really comfy and had all the luxuries that you could need, in fact it was a shame to only spend the one night. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank SullyPK
There are newer reviews for Molesworth Court Suites

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had a brief 5 day visit to Dublin recently and had the pleasure of staying at the Molesworth Court Suites. The accommodations exceeded my expectations and I would recommend anyone I know to stay there. The staff was unbelievably courteous and helpful and went way above and beyond when I left my mobile in a cab and the manager Riona arranged to collect it from the cabbie, give him a reward on my behalf and ship it back to me in the US. I couldn't thank them enough and want to say the customer service i experienced has set the bar in which I will use for comparison to all other hotels in the future. The hotel was in a great location for exploring around the Temple Bar area, the beds were comfortable and the suites were very clean and well furnished. I will definitely stay again upon my next trip and would encourage others to do so too.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed staying in the 2 bedroom suite on the second floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eric K
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Was in Dublin for one night and a friend recommended this place. He was through the roof with his praise which maybe set expectations far too high.

It is tucked away in a back lane which is very close to Grafton Street but take directions as even taxi drivers don't know it. Sadly Dublin is plagued by beggars these days and although very close to Grafton Street, the lane itself is not well lit nor has many people about so it might not give a warm sense of security & safety.

The accomodation is suites / apartments so don't expect a hotel / reception / even staff at times. Checking in wasn't smoothe - the woman there didn't seem to have much grasp of the card machine. At one point during the multiple (and ultimately fruitless) attempts she entered 95 Euro for the room then 95 Euro tip! I think the main problem is lack of signal coupled with user incompetence but tellingly she said that Americans often have trouble with cards here - I just think it is her to be honest.

That brings me to price - book directly with them - 33% cheaper than online!

Then the apartments. Size - very good. Kitchen facilities - very good. Cleanliness - very good. General feel - dated. TV - small one in living room, none in bedroom. Wifi - yes, free.

Would I stay again? Unlikely - not for me, but if you want something very central, reasonably priced, and somewhere that you can prepare food yourself rather than eat out all the time, then this could be for you. Just don't expect anything high class.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arthur G
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We just had a lovely three night visit to Dublin and staying at the Molesworth added to our adventure. I booked a two bedroom apartment for my family, my husband and I had a comfy bed, my two girls shared a bedroom with two single/twin beds and they even provided a pack-n-play/travel cot for our baby boy. Nice to have the kitchen and washer/dryer. My Girls loved the little balconies. Riona and her staff were wonderful, Riona especially. Riona gave us the choice of a room in the front (with balconies facing the alley) but warned us it was noisier or a room in the back with no balconies which are quiter. Plenty of towels were delivered when we requested more. Very comfortable and SO much better than staying in a regular hotel room. I thought the Molesworth was a good value and in a great location. Nothing fancy but great for a family with young children. A little odd to pay extra for electricity usage but I guess that encourages conservation? We only paid an additional €16 for the electric for a three night stay. Highly recommended for families!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and best friend just returned from a nine day visit to Dublin and we stayed here. It is very close to the AirCoach stop on Kildare St. so we had no problem with luggage and finding it. I would almost describe Schoolhouse Lane as an alley and very easy to find. We were greeted by the Manager, Reina who was wonderful. We had booked two one bedroom suites but she upgraded us to two 2 bedroom penthouse suites. While not modern and swanky we found the accomodations extremely comfortable. Everything was there we needed and if we needed anything all we had to do was ask.
I really wanted to give a 5 star rating except for two issues, there is no lift and we were on the third floor so that was a little difficult and we had wifi problems which were eventually resolved.
I would definitely recommend Molesworth and when we return we will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Keep in mind there is no lift if that is an issue for you.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were four girlfriends on a three nights weekend. We felt very lucky to discover this jem. The location is perfect. Just two minutes from Trinity college and Grafton street. We could walk to all the city attractions. Everything is just around the corner.
Riona, the manager, was extremely sweet and welcoming. She gave us some excellent tips for the stay and tailored them to our needs.
She also upgraded us to the penthouse suite which was just PERFECT.
Very homey, clean, comfortable, with everything you need and very warm feeling. The beds were comfortable and the apartment was very quiet and private. We were all very happy with our stay in every aspect.

Room Tip: I recommend the penthouse suites.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were lucky enough to be relocated here when our original motel had overbooked us and we couldn't have asked for better.
From the moment that Riona welcomed us we knew we had found a great place to stay, very central, but neatly tucked away.
Loved the 2 story thing with good size bedrooms downstairs and living area upstairs.
Rioana was very helpful with what to do and see as we were only in Dublin for a few days.
Would highly recommend this place as a great place to base yourself in Dublin

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family