“Great rates, perfect location”
Review of The Townhouse

The Townhouse
Ranked #98 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here midweek with some friends for a concert in the o2. It was perfect, only about a 20 min walk to the o2 and very close to pubs and temple bar. Room was clean and had everything you needed. Only minor issue was some of the sockets were dangerously loose in the room. Loved the speaker in the bathroom for the tv and the cool hairdryer. Good selection for breakfast. Would stay again without a doubt.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Townhouse

Reviewed September 30, 2013

After two weeks of traveling the Irish countryside we immersed ourselves into the city of Dublin.
Really hard Bed.
Funky old building, but great location.
Cafeteria like breakfast was uninspiring.
Be advised that the private parking is limited to a few cars in the service area off the rear alley.

And I have nothing else to add but Trip Advisor sez my reviews must be at least 200 characters so I am just biding my time until I reach that number. This is not an easy thing to do and I have to add that after a three week trip to beautiful Ireland I have a lot of reviews to publish so forgive me for this short cut.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights at this hotel before we moved to the hotel were I was attending a conference. And as we have traveled all over the world I have to say that I have never been so insulted at a hostel/hotel in my life. My husband has a lung infection and at bedtime he coughs for about 15 - 30 minutes. The last night at about 11pm the reception called and asked if we had a problem. As I just woke up by the call I of cource answered that we didn´t. Then the guy at the reception told me that some other guest were complaining about my husbands coughing and that this had to stop! Notice I was fast a sleep when they called. "if he can´t stop, tell him to go outside". This ended up with my husband staying awake in the bathroom the whole night to prevent the possibility that they would throw us out in the middle of the night. So if you cough, snore or make some other noices in your sleep don´t get near that hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ragnheidur T
DublinMurielO, Public Relations Manager at The Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Hi Ragnheid UR T

Firstly, may I apologise for what appears to have been a complete misunderstanding, when a guest makes a complaint about noise, we are duty bound to investigate, I am sorry that this complaint was not handled in a more sensitive manner, our humblest apologies to both you and your husband.

We focus on providing comfortable rooms, informative front of house staff and value for your money. Please make sure to LIKE Our Facebook Page as we have a FREE Draw right now that could see you enjoy your next stay with The Townhouse Hotel absolutely FREE.

As well as delivering on our own products and service we work closely with other businesses in the area to ensure that our area is welcoming and that our local attractions such as Custom House Quay, Samuel Beckett Bridge, Gardiner Street Church and so much more are enjoyed by our guests.

We really try hard to deliver on customer service, our location right in the heart of Dublin is a key selling point, however, we like to think that our dedicated Tourist Information Desk and experienced staff are equally important to our local and international guests.

We are only a few minutes’ walk from Temple Bar and our accommodation prices are about 20% cheaper, including FREE Full Irish Breakfast each morning when you BOOK DIRECT on Our own website. If you are planning a Christmas Party in 2013 please stay in our comfortable, central location.

I hope you have taken the time to enter our fabulous FREE Draw on Our Facebook page, this draw could see you enjoy a stay at the Townhouse Hotel in Dublin City Centre absolutely free.

As you will know we have day tours leaving from our doorstep each day to such wonderful places such as the Giants Causeway and Cliffs of Moher, you will be back before 9pm, in plenty of time to enjoy a pint in one of our local Traditional Irish Pubs.

Please make sure to BOOK DIRECT on our website to enjoy special offers and see gardinerstreetdublin.com to keep up to date with what is going on in Dublin and Our area in particular.

Please keep up to date with Dublin by visiting gardinerstreetdublin.com

Regards, Muriel O’Connor, Proprietor, The Townhouse Hotel Dublin City Centre

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have stayed at the Townhouse several times over the past 15 years. It is in a good location, being a short walk from Busaras or Connolly Station and the Abbey Theatre is just around the corner. The LUAS light rail makes it easy to travel across town. Some parts of the hotel are starting to look a bit worn but the service is always friendly and the rooms clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Even before our arrival, we were pleased with service from The Townhouse because the staff were understanding when we had to change the dates after our initial booking. We continued to be pleased with our choice of location - very easily accessible from the airport, within walking distance of most sights, and near public transportation.

Staying in three different rooms at various times during our trip, we found all clean and comfortable, with the exception of very cold showers one morning.

Though not a huge problem, it was a surprise to us that there were significant food smells and considerable noise in the common area during the day, probably due to fact that the area seems to be shared with the hostel next door.

Overall, our 3-part stay here was very enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013

What an enjoyable stay and a fantastic location. The only issue we had was finding it from the directions from the AirLink bus. The bus dropped us off at a different location than is stated on the website, but after asking a merchant all was well. Only 1 block off.

David at reception was fun and helpful.

Rooms were fine. Breakfast was fine. This was our first stop along a 9 day trip and it was an excellent welcome to Dublin. The location is fantastic, close to O'Connell Street, food, attractions, etc. They allowed us to store bags until we returned with our car hire.

I'd recommend a stay here and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I'd read very mixed reviews about the hotel but I have to say it was a really nice place. Friendly staff, good size rooms, comfy beds and a shower I didn't want to get out of. Good price seeing as we only booked at last minute. A 10 minute walk into town and a nice walk along the docks towards the O2 arena. I'd definitely stay here again

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends