“Good place in Dublin”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rural
“Good place in Dublin”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is good value for money. The staff are very friendly and the great bonus is the free car parking facility, and of course the free Wi-fi throughout the hotel. The hotel is situated in a good location and in a quiet area. There are also rooms which allow smoking, a facility which is becoming rare in most Irish hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sandymount_Hotel, Owner at Sandymount Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hi Johnny,

Thank you for your review. A number of guests comment on the complimentary parking and Wifi.

I look forward to welcoming back to Sandymount Hotel.

John Loughran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Hebrew first
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the Navy v. Notre Game. It is a great hotel for anyone going to an event at Aviva Stadium. It is also a short walk to Ballsbridge and we even walked to City Center and Red Bar area from the hotel. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They quickly mailed to me (back in Maryland) my jacket I had left in the lobby. The rooms are on the smaller side as are the hallways but that would not prevent me from going back. Overall we had a very nice stay in the hotel.
Btw- the Baked Cod dish served in the restaurant was amazing!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hi Lori,

Thank you for your review. My daughter plays field hockey for UNC Chapel Hill and lost the 2010 and 2011 NCAA finals to Maryland in overtime. Small world.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sandymount Hotel on your next visit to Ireland.

John Loughran
london
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just what needed for a break away, room was clean and comfortable and had a good few nights sleep. Hotel had a bar and restaurant. Only had the breakfast so cant comment on all the food, but that was good.
Hotel is perfect if you are going to aviva stadium as it is just down the road. But is also good for dublin centre. It is a nice 20 minute walk into the centre or 2/3 stops on the dart.
There is not much else around which means it is very quiet so you get a good night sleep unlike being in the centre.

All in all would return if i came back to dublin

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandymount_Hotel, General Manager at Sandymount Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sandymount Hotel on Tripadvisor, we are very pleased to hear that you had a relaxing stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sandymount Hotel in the near future.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our room was large enough, clean and comfortable. Bathroom has not been updated, left a little to be desired. Hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful, however. I contacted them by email when I realized I had left a jacket in the closet, and they quickly mailed both it (and pants my husband had left) to our home here in the U.S.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sandymount_Hotel, Owner at Sandymount Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest. Thank you for your review and for your complimentary comments regarding my staff. Your point on the bathroom has been noted for attention. Kind Regards. John Loughran Owner/Director
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed recently. I was told the hotel was almost booked out when I arrived. It was my first and last time staying here. The room I was given was dark with no real window.The bathroom had rusty rails.the carpet was yucky... The TV must have come from local museum. I asked at reception about a better room. " no way... We are fully booked....". I was told with a grin by the " smart but articulate receptionist. I checked out the following day. I had intended in extending my stay as my partner was due to join me. No way would you stay here with your " loved one". I went to the far superior Burlington Hotel, excellent. I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank MaritimoFoody
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that your experience with us fell short of the standards we strive for. Your comments have been noted. Thank you for your review as it is only when we are made aware of problems that we can address them. We would love you to return to us and should you do so, please make direct contact with me. Kind Regards. John Loughran Owner/Director
Victoria, BC, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel is a pleasant 20 - 30 min walk from the centre of Dublin, and close to the DART for those not inclined to walking, or if the weather is not cooperating. My room was clean and comfortable, the restaurant had very good food, and all the the staff were friendly and helpful. Overall a pleasant stay and good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sandymount_Hotel, General Manager at Sandymount Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Sandymount Hotel on Tripadvisor, we are pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay and that you found our staff friendly. Our team of chefs are also very pleased to receive positive feedback with regard to meal offerings.

We do hope you get the opportunity to return to Sandymount Hotel should you visit Dublin again.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is in a great location beside train station and Aviva station. Its just about a 10 Euro ride in a taxi into city centre. There is plenty parking. The hotel its-self is very tired looking as far as interior is concerned. Tiny lifts are dodgy and our one broke down during our stay - they take for ever to arrive at your floor. Staff friendly. We stayed in a Suite on 4th Floor which was a reasonable size but I saw some of the rooms on the other floors and they were quiet small. Rooms are clean.
Breakfast was disappointing - Buffet Style and only barely warm food.
All in all it was just ok. We were not looking for anything very fancy on this particular occasion so therefore we weren't too disappointment. Its biggest advantage is its location.

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th floor if you want a decent size room.