All reviewsst stephensnice coffee machineleeson streetwater pressure in showernightclub downstairschain hotelhuge bedopen the windowrooms are nicebreakfast was deliciousairport buswould definitely stay here againtoiletriesconcert
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Dreary room, small very narrow bathroom, off-hand reception, no offer of help with our bags up to the 3rd floor, very noisy position on McConnell Street, did not get to sleep all night with the noise outside (pubs all turning out, taxis honking, people on the street talking and shouting ALL night), no restaurant or room service, even had to ask the young man on reception to at least hold the door open for us as we attempted to get our bags to the outside when we left at 6:00am to get to the ferry terminal. Either park the car and pay for all night at parking meter or park it in an open space they have two doors down but they would not take any responsibility if any damage was done or the car stolen.

Room Tip: If all the rooms were like the one we were in I would not recommend any room at all
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Avoid on weekends, the street is just car horns and people yelling at each other due to the nearby nightclubs. Room was dirty. Bedspread stained and the first half hour of my stay was scrubbing mould off the shower curtain. Breakfast ok but basic. Staff weren't particularly helpful. Tiny rickety elevator was to be avoided. Overall wasn't that great and should definitely be advertised as a two and a half star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed one night for the Bon Jovi concert. The location was perfect, walking distance to both the RDS stadium and the main attractions in Dublin. The hotel was clean although somewhat tired in places, staff were friendly and the continental breakfast included was more than adequate. Couldn't have chosen better for what we wanted, and very comfortable beds with TV, tea and coffee etc.

Room Tip: Choose higher room, nightclub Fri/Sat in basement
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This hotel is nothing like the pictures or any of the details on the website. The staff that greeted us were very nice and although the room was nothing like I expected we acccepted it was only one night so it would be fine.About midnight...I think I was asleep the nightclub started up. There were people screaming and yelling all night out the front of the hotel. About 3.30am taxis lining both sides of the street started honking their horns continuously. Was the worst night i have ever experienced in a hotel. It was dingy and I was bitten badly by something on my arm and suffered the next few days with very annoying itching. The vomit encrusted front step eventually got a bucket of water and that only moved it to the step below this was about 2pm. I feel the Leeson needs to decide whether it is a club or hotel. Judging by the few guest in at the time I have no doubt they will give little regard to my comments as I am sure the money they make at the club far outweights a disgruntled guest. I would really hope no one has an unfortunate stay like ours which is why I have chosen to write this post.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Stayed Friday and Saturday night. It starts around eleven pm...boom'cha, boom'cha' boom'cha, wooh hoo, hey, boom'cha, boom'cha, boom'cha...ends around five am. Great if you happen to be aged 21 or under and full of Miaow Miaow, not too good if you're 41 with the missus and want some kip. To be fair, the location is not bad as the hotel is near St Stephens Green and ten mins walk from Grafton Street. The room was adequate and breakfast ok.

Room Tip: Top floor, front. Buy earplugs.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple