Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,619 results
All reviews river view temple bar air conditioning minute walk north side would stay here again airport bus within walking distance trinity college hop on hop lovely hotel hotel restaurant o'connell street stayed here for nights city centre family room hgi
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Loved it!!

Very new, very clean, amazing location on the banks of The Liffey,the restaurant and bar service was fantastic and I had the best hotel breakfast, I have ever had.

Perfect for business or pleasure

Trip type: Traveled on business
NMitchel, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dublin Custom House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Honestguvnr, thank you for your review. I have shared your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed in room 535, a king room with a river view. The room is in the corner of the building and is a bit bigger and quieter I believe. We arrived at about 2 pm, too early to check-in but Lucas at the front desk was kind enough to store our luggage. We did several hours of touring, shopping, and dining nearby and when we returned, Lucas remembered us, grabbed our key cards and promptly helped us get our luggage. We slept well, enjoyed hot showers and tea in our room. When we checked out we let the front desk manager know about a couple of maintenance issues (leaky toilet, broken WC fan, etc.) and she was very kind. Overall the value and location are why we booked this location. Upon arriving in Dublin, we were able to walk there from the train station with our luggage and then leaving we picked up the airport bus right out in front of the hotel. So it's super convenient for transport and it's close enough to all the tourist hot spots that you don't need to take an uber anywhere. We've stayed at other locations in Dublin but would definitely come back here again.

Room tip: 535 is quiet and big
Date of stay: January 2020
Niall M, Duty Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dublin Custom House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Liz_Gav,

Thank you for your lovely feedback after your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that our staff, Lucas in particular, was able to make your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

I generally don't moan in my reviews but this hotel receives my first moan for 2020. There is the word "Hilton" in its name but that's where the connection ends. Hilton 20 years ago was an experience, all over the world, you felt posh for the few hours or days you stayed. This one has no feel of plush about it. I only popped in for a beer as my bus was late.
When you walk in you have tubes of pringles and crap for sale on the left of the entrance, some sort of self service counter, like an American motel. The reception desk is straight in front of you and the lounge, bar, library, coffee dock to the right of the entrance.
I did not know whether I was in a coffee shop or a bar. A pint of beer, flat and poorly served was a whopping €6.90!!!! The barman presented the pint then took it back, spilt some of the beer in the tray and topped it up again.What???? This is the friggin Hilton and you cannot pour a pint in one go?

In a nutshell, if the bus stops and taxi rank were not outside, this place would be toast. An over-priced motel with the Hilton brand stuck on its roof. Avoid if you are looking for 5 Star Hilton experience, if this was in Dubai, it would be a roadhouse!

Dear coppercoastcamera,

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you did not find the hotel to your liking and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed January 16, 2020

very clean, newer hotel with wifi, great breakfast and location was about a 20 minute walk to trinity we had a nice view of the river beds were comfortable parking was difficult to find and hard to get back to hotel to checkout. lost for a bit of time but would stay again

Date of stay: September 2019
Niall M, Duty Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dublin Custom House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear 25scarlet,

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate you telling us about your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

I’ve stayed here before and I loved it that I came back . I even believe that the hotel is a 4 star now.
Location is great, rooms are still new and clean and check in staff is great.
The breakfast spread is one the best you ever see at a hilton! by far my favorite.

A few flaws which are:
- very slow service at breakfast, each days most of the tables were not cleared and you’d struggle to find one clean by 9:30am.
- surprised that i needed to pay for a toothbrush in a 4 stat hotel or even for a diamond member.
- got a 2pm tough many people got it so maybe they could give diamond members a 3/4pm check-out when the hotel is not full.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Niall M, Duty Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dublin Custom House, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear JadG_12,

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate you telling us about your stay.

It was our pleasure to look after you,