“Great Hotel”

Ranked #97 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Mayo
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had read some mixed reviews about this hotel and was a bit worried but on arriving I was surprised.
The reception is modern and clean and check in was fast. The room was small but clean.The one thing that I found annoying was the creaking floor boards.
The weather was great for the weekend but the room was so hot. We did open the window but it didn't help much.

The breakfast was excellent.
The night porter was very kind to get us a jug of water in the middle of the night. The hotel was great value for money.

The location is ideal. It is next door to Bus Aras and Connolly station. It is 5/6 min walk to o' Connell street.

We did not hear the luas or train overhead at any time. Room 130.
The girl on reception was very helpful as I overheard her helping a lady with luas information and places to visit.
I will be returning here in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hugo P, General Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Mayo 2012-2013

Thank you kindly to taking the time to review the Beresford Hotel.

Is is my absolute pleasure to hear that you had a great time staying in the Beresford Hotel. Our team is 100% customer focused and I am delighted that this has shined through your stay.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future.

Kind regards

Hugo Pinto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Hebrew first
Yakima, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Beresford in Dublin in September, 2013. Room 229 is one to stay away from. It was small, no air conditioning, and the window would not open. There is no view. The main problem is the noise from the water pipes. We would have 20 seconds of quiet, and then 3 to 5 seconds of pipes rattling. This was continuous. The staff was very courteous and the next day they moved us to a much nicer and quieter room and gave us vouchers for the 9 Euro breakfast for two mornings. The staff did care.
The hotel is an older hotel and the guest rooms are in need of updating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve Z
Dear Steve Z

Thank you for taking the time to review the Beresford Hotel in the Tripadvisor.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your recent stay in the Beresford Hotel. Your feedback is highly appreciated and both helpful and constructive.

We are now in a major refurbishment of the wing in which you have stayed.

I will make sure that all my team is aware of your kind comments regarding their performance.

Warm regards,

Hugo Pinto

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Beresford in has a beautiful lobby and friendly staff, however the first room we were given was not much better than a basic college dorm. We requested an upgrade and got one for our second night, but I am afraid it just left us indifferent. The location is not really where you want to be, but it was also an easy walk to the hop on hop off bus. Other than the first room, I can't say anything negative, it just wasn't up to par.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Janis S

Thank you for taking the time to review the Beresford Hotel.

Please accept my apologies regarding the first room allocated for your recent stay in the Beresford Hotel. For your information we are now in the process of a major refurbishment in that wing of the hotel.

I would be very grateful if you contact my operations manager Mr Marek Jozwiak on +353 (0)1 813 4700 for a future booking. He will ensure the best rate available for you and as well will give me the opportunity to compensate you for the inconvenience caused in your recent stay.

Warm Regards

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed in this hotel on our first trip to Dublin and it was lovely. The staff were super friendly and tried their hardest to get our room ready for us early so we could drop our baggage and explore. They even offered to find us an alternative room.

On our last day they also stored our baggage in a secure place so we didn't have to lug it about before we left for the airport.

We have just last night booked to stay again with 6 other people for New Years Eve and really cannot wait to arrive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hugo P, General Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Kristy D

Thank you for taking the time to review the Beresford Hotel in Tripadvisor. It is always a pleasure to receive such a great feedback from our guests.

I am delighted to see that you and your friends or family will stay again in the Beresford Hotel for the new years eve. Please note that for the new years eve, we will have an amazing 4 course dinner designed by our Head Chef Mr Calugaricci, which will be served in our award winning Il Vignardo restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the Beresford Hotel.

Best Regards,

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed for one night at the Beresford hotel in the centre of Dublin, the hotel is perfectly located with a few minutes walk of O Connell street. We were up for the All Ireland Hurling Final and this hotel was idea, we were able to park the car in the Irish Life Shopping Mall which was around the corner (€12.50 for 24 hours). The reception staff we very friendly and helpful with directions and storing our luggage as we had arrived very early. The rooms were very nice, bed was so comfortable and the shower was amazing in the morning. We didnt have breakfast but it was an option for €9.00. I would recommend this hotel and woul stay here again if I was going to Dublin. It is ideally located and was very quiet even though it was in the city centre.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Browneyedgirlcork

Thank you kindly for your lovely review of the Beresford Hotel, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and i look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Indeed we are a city centre property located a few minutes walk of O'Connell street and Dublin's shopping district.

I will make sure your feedback is passed over to all our team.

I hope in your next stay with us you will try our delicious full Irish breakfast buffet in our award winning Il Vignardo restaurant.

Warm Regards,

St Helens, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time here! Yup there's occasional noise (you're next to a bus station so what do you expect!) but it's not stay awake all night noise, plus a great excuse to drink more Guinness! ;-) Staff so friendly and helpful, breakfast lovely and we had one evening meal I. The hotel, which was truly delicious! When we asked if we could take desert away (due to fullness) we did not expect the lovely tray that was put together! Everything in walking distance, just fab!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ChesterSparkler

Thank you kindly for your lovely review of Beresford Hotel on tripadvisor.

The staff aim to excel at customer service and we were delighted to receive such positive feedback and that you found the hotel to be so convenient.

I thank you once again for your review and i hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Munich, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a night some days ago. The staff on the reception was professional and friendly. The room however was really not good. It was very small and a train was crossing often some meters in front of my window. Additionally there was a clicking noise every now and then that was loud enough to wake me up about 10 times in this night. The worst thing was the mold on the ceiling of the bathroom. I really cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lxanders
Dear Ixanders

Thank you for taking the time to review the Beresford Hotel, please note that your feedback is highly appreciated.

I was very disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered throughout your stay.

I would be very grateful to you if you could call or e-mail my operations manager, Mr Marek Jozwiak to discuss these matters.

Contacts as follows:

+353 (0)1 813 47 00
operations@beresfordhotelifsc.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,