“GREAT HOTEL, GREAT LOCATION”
Review of Beresford Hotel

Beresford Hotel
Ranked #105 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just back after staying 4 nights here we agree with the last report that this is a fantastic location.
We booked with Aer Lingus and our breakfast was included in the price. We had a great room on the 4th floor overlooking the Bus station and we never heard a sound from outside. The room was very spacious and well appointed, we have stayed in 4 star Hotels with smaller rooms. We ate in the Hotel one night and had a drink in the bar one night. We found the prices not too bad as we are used to these prices where we live. OK they will be higher in the tourist areas but we find the portions are far too big, so if we can we share. We got the 747 airport bus to the Hotel which is 12 euros for 2. Going back we got the Hotel to order a taxi which was only 18 euros, a lot more comfortable than the bus. We enjoyed our stay here, this is our 4th time in Dublin and we will be back and will be staying at the Beresford. A big thanks to all the lovely staff

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a nice view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JORGE848
Marek B, Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Jorge848,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback following your stay with us. It is great to receive such a positive feedback from our guests. I am really pleased that The Beresford Hotel employees made you feel welcome and met your needs during your stay. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the team.

Thank you very much for this review and I hope to welcome you back to The Beresford Hotel soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have literally just returned from 3 nights at the Beresford Hotel and after all the negative reviews lately I wanted to reassure anyone planning a stay.
The hotel is in a fantastic location, opposite the bus station and right next to the tram.
Reception were extremely helpful allowing us to store our luggage on arrival having flown in early and also on departure after checking out.
The rooms are a good size and nicely furnished. The bed was extremely comfortable too.
The previous reviewer mentions a lack of heating, whilst there was no heating on when we arrived in the room, the radiator was easy to switch on.
Others have commented on the outside noise, we were in room 207 overlooking the road. whilst the windows are of an older style and single glazed, I can't honestly say I found it to be noisy. We do however live in the city centre ourselves so perhaps this problem is dependant on what you are used to.
Breakfast is available for 7.50 euros pp and is a decent spread. Prices for food and drinks in general are relatively high across the city.
My only complaint on what is a lovely hotel is the bathroom, specifically the shower. It's very temperamental and lacks any kind of water pressure which can be a touch frustrating! That said, I can't say its something that would put me off a future visit.
I would 100% recommend this hotel for a long weekend break.
Be sure to visit Kilmainham Jail and Dublin castle if you're sightseeing...and of course Temple Bar for a great atmosphere (be sure to get a bank loan in advance though as its pretty pricey!!)

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank rachel1982

Dear Jorge848,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to The Beresford Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are very lucky with our central location and I am happy the team looked after you during your stay.
I have passed your comments on water pressure to the departmental manager. This problem has been rectified. I would also like to thank you for recommending the hotel to others. I hope that you will have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel could not be in a better location you can get a bus straight from the airport to the bus station which is near the hotel. Then if you arrive before check in the hotel staff will happily look after your bags so you can head off for a walk around dublin. The staff are amazing from the manager to the cleaning staff. I loved every moment i was there. It had such a friendly atmosphere. If i was heading back to dublin i would book to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank j9132001

Dear j9132001,

It is a great pleasure and so encouraging to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Beresford Hotel.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Have just left the Beresford Hotel and feel so happy, probably one of the worst hotels I have stayed in,noisy floor boards,noisy trams,noisy bus's and noisy ventilation system in reception which kept myself and partner awake resulting in a trip down to reception at near midnight to complain only to be told by the porter that he would report the noise the next morning, I don't t think so! Told him to sort it out. To be fair he did manage to lower the noise level, for a couple of days only, the noise appeared again during our last night, at about 5am I was far to tired by this time after being kept awake for the previous nights by trams,bus's and the person in room above who took delight in continuously stepping on the squeekiest floor board through out the day and night. So if your looking for a quiet room book another hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David G

Dear David G,

It is truly disappointing to read your review. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused while you stayed with us. I can assure you your comments have been addressed.
We do value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as this is the only way to ensure we continue to grow and evolve as a business.
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Located opposite the bus station the location is ideal. The reception is clean and welcoming and the check in was quick and easy. We had room 109 if you get this room ask to change. The room above has the squeekiest floor boards ever they frequently kept us awake. The room itself wad basic but clean and tidy. The bathroom again basic but clean. However the shower is more like a fire house there is no spray just one non stop deluge. The plug hole cannot drain the water away quick enough so you end up paddling. On our second night we complained as the hotel vent over the fire was very loud. This was after eleven at night and not good. Breakfast on the first morning was an experience, we were grunted at by the lady seating us and that was it. No explanation of the system. The choice of food was not bad but was served in a roll top metal servery kept warm by two paraffin flames, so was Luke warm. If you are planning to have a few drinks out and about then have a bat meal don't stay out late. Bar meals finish at 9. We stayed for 3 nights, had I been booked for longer I would have demanded we get moved. As it is a nice letter of complaint is on its way.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Welsh_smiley
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We arrived early and the staff was wonderful at getting a room ready for us hours before check in. The room is small but relatively clean however it is extremely noisy! Between the squealing sound of the tram which runs 200 feet or so away, the cursing rants from the bar patrons next door and what sounds like bowling the floor above it is fortunate that jet lag won out and we were able to sleep. The small box tv will come on with some work but hopefully you want to watch what is on one of the three programs you can get. Also, a lukewarm bath or shower is the best you'll get and there is severe mildew on the bathroom ceiling.

We ate at the bar tonight. A light chicken Caesar salad that was quite tasty and the staff is kind and helpful but there's not much they could do to outweigh the noise and room conditions.

Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank louisvillelocal

Dear louisvillelocal,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at The Beresford Hotel.
I am however very disappointed to hear you didn't have a good experience. Please accept my sincere apologies. We have a fantastic central location and most of our guests are able to benefit from that. We have a big variety of rooms and many of them are located in a quiet part of the hotel. We always accommodate requests for quiet rooms if they are available.
With regards to the other issues you experienced I would like to assure you that they have been addressed.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Beresford Hotel soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We got a decent deal from hotels.com, but this hotel was really run down and did not feel like a 3star hotel. The rooms were clean, but had a strong smell of cleaning detergent as if they wanted to hide something. It was very thin walls and the beds were uncomfortable. I would not stay here again, if possible.

Breakfast was not included in the price, but was quite good for its €7.50/person.
Location is quite decent too.

• Stayed: September 2012
Marek B, Manager at Beresford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear toelin

Thank you very much for your comments, we are disappointed to note that you felt the hotel fell below standard. We have completed a soft refurbishment on all Public areas and most of our rooms at this point and the rolling programme continues until all the bedrooms are completed. We appreciate your feedback which helps us as a team to continue to improve both service and product.