“Great stay”

Anchor House Dublin
Ranked #21 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here.Rooms are nice and clean. In a great location close to the city centre and Temple Bar. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Great value for money. We would stay here again and would reccomend the Anchor for anyone visiting Dublin.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey O

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The staff at the front desk were very friendly, helpful, and charming. They let me keep my bags in their office for a few hours after check-out while I did some Dublin sightseeing. They also had a fun sense of humor.

I stayed in a single room for one night and, overall, it was a fine experience. The bed was clean and comfortable, the bathroom was a decent size, there was a good supply of soap and shampoo as well. There was also tea in the room which helped because it was very chilly in the room (the heat was barely working in my room). The wifi connection was speedy.

The location is great. It's on a street where there are a dozen other guest houses, hostels and B&Bs. It's also just a few blocks from O'Connell Street, the River Liffey, the Abbey Theatre, and some decent places to get food. It's also a two-minute walk to the bus stop. If you take the bus from the airport, you just walk around the corner and you are at the hotel.

The breakfast was decent, though it wasn't free. But, it was worth it. Overall, this place offers very basic accommodations in central Dublin for a reasonable price. I would stay again and I would recommend this to someone who is not very picky about lodging. Picky people with high expectations may be disappointed. It's basic, it's clean, it's friendly, and it's cheap. My kind of place!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Kellygobraugh
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had two nights here and found the location to be very good for the city centre, as only a few minutes walk to the main streets, with various resturants and pubs in easy reach. Room spacious enough for a couple, good storage and quite large en-suite room. The only slight issue with the shower was that it wouldn't stay up on the shower pole, kept sliding down, but otherwise fine. One slightly odd thing was that we found the bed to be fitted with a waterproof under-sheet, which was very hard and uncomfortable, so we had to remove it in order to be able to sleep. Breakfast was fine, totally fixed basic menu and apparently no flexibility on that, no extra veggie choice despite asking five days before arrival, but food cooked well. Variety of staff we encountered all friendly and helpful, and we could leave our bags there on the last day and collect them when ready to depart home later.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank T307
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Only spent a night there but enjoyed the experience, the building is quite charming (massive Victorian house), the room was big, a bit dated but acceptable.
The waiting room with the fire place and the classical music was wonderful.
And the Irish breakfast was nice after an afternoon of tasting the tasty beers that Dublin had to offer

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Matchieu
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We spent 3 nights here during a quick trip to Dublin and were very happy with the experience. The room was quite small with no frills (we stayed in one of the annex rooms in the back) but quiet and clean. The wifi connection was adequate. The staff was incredibly friendly and warm and the Irish breakfast (for an 8 euro additional charge) was a nice treat. We took the Airlink bus to and from the airport and found it to be very convenient (about 20 minutes each way). During the day, we always walked - the Anchor house is in a cute very convenient location - about a 10 minute walk from Trinity College/Grafton Street. I would recommend this to other friends or family with similar budgets.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vespartina
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was very pleased with the Anchor House. This was my first time in Dublin, and I think that the Anchor House was very conveniently located. Their website gave very easy to understand directions to get to their place from the airport via bus, and then it was only a short walk to the sites in Dublin. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and I quite enjoyed the breakfast each morning. It was a little different having to leave my key at the front desk every time that I went out, but no big issue. Overall, I think that this was a great value, and I will stay here again if I ever find myself in Dublin.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Buckcade
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have been to Dublin many times. I wish I had found this place on my previous visits. This trip was for my mom and she loved this place as we all did. We had 2 very large, warm, comfortable, and clean rooms. It has a front room for guest to sit with a large window, and a guest lodge on the middle level. Yes there are stairs, but it is part of the charm. Besides, we were helped to our rooms with all the luggage my parents brought. Great location for getting around the city, catching a bus to the airport, etc. Great breakfast and friendly and informative staff. They made my mom's stay very enjoyable and that is all I can ask. Great value, no need to stay anywhere else while in Dublin.

Room Tip: We had rooms 6 and 9. Very large rooms in the back of the house. Room 9 has 3 singles and is very qu...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt B
Manager-MT21, Public Relations Manager at Anchor House Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Hi Matt B

Great to have you stay with us at The Anchor, we look forward to your next stay. As you say we provide comfortable rooms, value for money and our famous full Irish Breakfast (which is FREE when you BOOK DIRECT on Our website.

The Anchor House is right in the heart of Dublin and yet our rates are at least 25% cheaper than similar accommodation in Temple Bar which is only 5 minutes’ walk away, always get the best value for your money by booking direct with The Anchor House. Until we meet again, safe travelling.

Please BOOK DIRECT on Our website as we will Donate €1 for every booking to Child Vision Ireland in November. Please Enter Our Fantastic Christmas Draw on our Facebook page.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Anchor House Dublin City Centre, our Guesthouse as you have noted is set within Georgian Architecture that has been modernised to meet the needs of modern travellers, our New House extension was added due to demand for our boutique product. We have where possible maintained the history, culture and architecture of the original building while crafting our entire product and service around the needs of modern travellers, we are humbled by your fantastic review and we look forward to your next visit.

Our Full Irish Breakfast is FREE when you BOOK DIRECT on Our website. Your description of your stay has highlighted many of the key selling points of The Anchor House. We have owned and managed The Anchor House as a family business for the past 20 years, in that time, our passion has been to deliver the best product and service that we can for our guests, your review means that our time and experience in the business are showing through to our guests, from our hearts, we say, thank you.

Please LIKE us on Facebook to stay up to date with Special Offers and fantastic FREE Draws.

As a family owned and managed guesthouse in Dublin City Centre we want to offer the best product and service that we can, and we thank you for taking the time to recognise our genuine efforts. We look forward to your next visit, until then, God Bless and safe travelling.

Yours in Gratitude, Gerry and Joan Coyne, The Anchor House, Guesthouse, Dublin City Centre