“Beautiful hotel, great location”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Westbury Hotel is a welcoming and comfortable hotel with accommodating and friendly staff. It is located in the city centre, about 30 minutes taxi drive from Dublin Airport.

It is wonderfully located in the centre of Dublin, with most sights and shopping just minutes away (by foot). It's not the sort of hotel you'd go to for beautiful window views, but it's great to see Dublin city in just a few days and for shopping (it's just off Grafton Street, one of Dublin's more pricey shopping areas).

The staff are friendly and accommodating, but the rooms are a bit too standard to really call it a boutique hotel or to have that waw-factor. The food is excellent and affordable, though the Wilde Restaurant was absolutely deserted at dinner time during my stay (Wednesday evening).

All in all I would recommend this hotel for sheer convenience and comfort, despite being in a more expensive price bracket. Only minor disappointments were the slightly outdated or unimaginative interior (complete with sticky doors and drawers) and technology (phones, television ("multimedia centre" - not really) and worthless hairdryer).

Few interesting points:
Rooms are air-conditioned (easily adjustable)
No balconies - windows open slightly
Sound insulation nearly nonexistent, despite claims of extra noise reduction (if you are a light sleeper, best to ask for a more isolated room)
Complementary wifi, newspaper and bottled water.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room on the front side (facing Grafton St), views from the back a bit...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our location which is so central and within walking distrance to the many shops, coffee houses, restaurants and bars. I am also delighted that our service and the friendluness of our staff stood out as a real positive.

I regret that you had a number of issues in your room and I would like to assure you that we have rigorous maintenance and product integrity systems in place which would normally flag up any anomalies in our product and I can only assume this was a very unusual oversight on our part. I sincerely regret if you were inconvenienced in any way and can assure you that this is most certainly not the high standards we set for ourselves in terms of our bedroom product.

Despite the difficulties that you experienced I am delighted that you recommend us and will return and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for The Westbury

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

The best thing about the hotel is the location. Very central and within walking distance to most attractions. The room is definitely luxurious with great sheets and pillows - a bonus after travelling over 24 hours. The concierge and housekeeping are great however the staff at checkin weren't overly friendly which was disappointing. Didn't eat at the hotel as a bit pricey. Would stay again if I could get a deal or promotional rate as when travelling solo it can add up. Loved that it was close to the airport bus also, it made it very easy to get from airport to hotel

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank gd32
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing to stay wuth us on your recent visit to Dublin.

I am thrilled you enjoyed the experience and very happy that you found our location ideal for visiting the many hot spots around the area. I am thrilled that the team were courteous, friendly and helpful throughout your stay however I have noted your comments regarding the welcome you received, this I will address as a matter of urgency.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Just returned from a 2 week trip to Ireland, beginning in Dublin. We spent 3 nights here and loved it. The location is great for proximity to so many restaurants, stores, shops and pubs. The staff could not have been more attentive and accommodating and the room, although a teensy bit small (not unexpected in a big city) was very comfortable. Meals in the hotel were tasty, but a bit pricey. If you stay here and need a taxi, ask the concierge for Arthur. He drove us to the airport to pick up a rental car and then gave us written directions on how to leave the airport and head to Waterford.

Would not hesitate to return to this property.

Room Tip: Please ask for early check in if you are flying from New York, They cannot promise, but they will d...
2  Thank easytraveler49

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you visit us during your recent visit to Dublin.

I am delighted that our location suited you for getting out and about to visit the many restaurants, bars and shops that are all within walking distance from the hotel. It is music to my ears that all the team here went the extra mile to ensure that the service you received was a real highlight and thank you for recognising them. Your kind words serve as a wonderful motivator for us and the team here will be delighted to read your kind comments.

I am thrilled that you would not hesitate to come back and stay with us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed here on a recent overnight trip to Dublin and although the location was great as it's in the city centre and plenty of shopping and close to the theatre, the hotel itself was slightly disappointing.I,ve been fortunate enough to have stayed in 5 star hotels abroad recently and this 1 just doesn't match up on the luxury stakes.The superior double room was really very basic and the double bed seemed a bit small!! Although the pillows were lovely .Breakfast was rather expensive at over 25 euro per head and wasn't included in the room rate. The main restaurant was also closed and the cafe within the hotel was mediocre. On the plus side though the staff were lovely, helpfull and friendly

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Kim W

Dear Guest

I am glad you enjoyed most of the experience and very happy that you found our location ideal for visiting the many hot sports around the area. I am also delighted that the team were courteous, friendly and helpful throughout your stay.

I take note of your comment regarding our pricing and take your feedback on board, whilst we do regular price comparisons to ensure we are always in line with the local competitors we are committed to offering great value and your feedback is very important if we are to achieve just that.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and we hope to welcome you back again.

Vincent O'Gorman

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We were recommended The Westbury and were very satisfied, plus thankful to friends who sent us there. When visiting again would definitely return. Felt very welcomed during our stay. It also has the advantage of being walking distance to Manu sities se wanted to visit. An all round súper choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank anamariathomas

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Dublin and for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that our service was excellent. I do hope that you come back again soon. Thank you again for your review.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at the Westbury in early July 2014 and we really liked this hotel. We arrived in Dublin in the AM after a flight from New York and went right to the hotel. The people at the hotel took a few minutes and had a nice room ready for for us right away and so we were able to get going on our Irish vacation. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff could not have been more accommodating and professional. The consierge made numerous nice suggestions for dinner and other things. The best thing about this hotel is its location. It is walking distance to virtually everything one could want in Dublin. Grafton St. shopping, pubs, Temple Bar, St. Stephens Green and many other things. I will definitely try to stay here again when I get back to Dublin.

2  Thank EBITT

Dear Guest,

Thank your for your review following your visit in July.

I am glad that we were able to facilitate an early check in and that you were able to get settled in quickly and start your vacation. I am delighted that we were able to assist you with recommendations for all the various hot spots in and around Grafton Street,the team here will be thrilled to read your comments.

I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you when you next visit Dublin.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is our second time staying in The Westbury and i loved it even more second time around. It is a real treat for my husband and I to stay in such a nice hotel but we felt welcomed by all the staff as soon as we walked up the street! It has beautiful, comfortable decor and the room was faultless.
Considering it was only €20 extra for a room with breakfast, it was amazing value, one of the nicest we've had in a hotel with an huge selection on the menu.
You cannot get a better location than The Westbury... shopping, bars and restaurants all beside it.
We can't wait to find an excuse to stay there again soon!

2  Thank Michelle H

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your visit with us at The Westbury Hotel.

It is music to my ears to read that you enjoyed your stay do much and that all the team here made you feel welcome and I hope that we are now your home away from home when visiting Dublin.

Don’t wait too long for an excuse to visit us we look forward to seeing you soon !!

Kind regards,