“First class experience”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed June 12, 2014

A beautiful hotel living up to its 5 star rating in every way. Great attention to detail. We had the exceptional pleasure of being upgraded to a suite which was a surprise and very welcome bonus. Location excellent, service exceptional but not 'stuffy'. We enjoyed our stay very much and look forward to returning.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review following your recent stay with us which I was pleased to read and thank you for sharing your views with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post your review and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Every one of my colleagues’ endeavour’s to provide our guests with as comfortable a stay as possible and I am glad that you had such an enjoyable time while visiting us.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to stay with us soon and thank you again for your review.

Vincent O'Gorman

There are newer reviews for The Westbury

Reviewed June 12, 2014

positives-Great location, lovely staff in bar reception and housekeeping

negatives-bathrooms would benefit from a walk in shower rather than having to try and hurdle a very high sided bath!! Bfast staff need retraining!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at The Westbury Hotel.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, however I am disappointed that we failed to meet all your expectations. I would like to assure you that I will take your comments on board and thank you for your feedback.

I hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back again on your next trip to Dublin and I hope that you give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Having stayed at The Westbury on a few occasions the standard is as good as ever. It is exactly what it says, a 5 star hotel. Location excellent and parking at the hotel is an extra bonus (worth the €20). Relaxing in the foyer in the evening is just what you want after walking around the city. Highly recommend a stay there but not the cheapest hotel. Worth going for that special occasion.
Mary Galway

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanking you for your great review and I am delighted that you had such a relaxing time while visiting us.

On behalf of all the team here at The Westbury thank you for your kind words and we hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again on your next visit to Ireland.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I wanted to be sure that our first trip to Ireland would be special, and I made sure that I booked a 5 star hotel for our comfort. Honestly, I would rate this hotel as a 3, or a 4 at best. It is overpriced for what you get, and you even have to pay $15.00 for a continental breakfast which I find ludicrous. The room was a bit cramped, though set up lovely, and comfortable.

Sadly, it is not worth the money each night.

1  Thank Henry E

Dear Guest,

Needless to say I was disappointed to read your comments and it is clear that did not meet your expectations and please accept my sincere apologies for our failure to do so.
We continually striving to improve on our guest experience and the amenities and services we offer and we appreciate your feedback which I can assure you will be taken onboard.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again when I am confident we can meet and exceed your expectations and I hope that you give us the opportunity to do so.

I look forward hopefully to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here two nights and though quite expensive it was so worth it...
The best location... The best breakfast by far... Eggs and Omlettes cooked to order... the Continental breakfast was certainly enough. Our room rate included the full breakfast. It was booked by our travel agent and we were very happy with every amenity....
We arrived early in the day so was advised by the concierge to have lunch at a nearby cafe with outdoor seating... Our room was ready when promised.

Room Tip: We had an excellent room that overlooked the front of hotel. The room was small but well appointed a...

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review following your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience with others and we are delighted that you rated us as the Best Hotel In Ireland..

On behalf of everybody here at the Westbury thank you for your very kind comments about the team and facilities. It really makes it all worthwhile when we receive such great comments and when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did.

We look forward to seeing you again soon we and hope that we are your preffered hotel of choice when next visiting Dublin.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

A business colleague of mine and I stayed at The Westbury recently and were really impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. We were quite late arriving but the person at the arrivals desk was totally unphased and had everything already prepared to make our check in fast and easy.

We did not eat in the hotel that evening so are unable to comment on their main restaurant but we did breakfast at the hotel in the secondary one. The service and professionalism was superb. We were seated promptly and provide everything we needed by the waiters. I have eaten in many restaurants where the waiters seem to have developed that 'far away stare' where I am staring straight at them and frantically signalling them but the look through and past me without seeing me at all. This is not the case at The Westbury. Every time I looked up someone made eye contact with me and came running across.

I was also impressed that when I asked for the bill in the restaurant they brought it with the credit card machine ready to take a payment. It makes so much more sense than leaving a piece of paper and then coming back later to take payments.

The hotel is in good condition and of habitable proportions. The bathrooms are well appointed and spotlessly clean. The views are over the rooftops of Dublin which is more interesting than picturesque. It is well placed for Grafton Street and St Stephen's Square.

I will definitely return there and would recommend it to any traveller visiting Dublin.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your great review following your recent stay at The Westbury and we thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience.

We are simply delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you consider us your home from home. I am thrilled that you enjoyed every aspects of your stay expecially dinner in Wilde which is always a favourite with our guests.

I hope it is not too long before you come back and visit us again and thank you for your wonderful review.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was a nice location. We enjoyed walking many places in Dublin from here. The accommodations were modern and comfortable. We felt like this was a nice transition back into the modern world after a week in quaint and remote Irish villages.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted following your visit to us and for taking the time to tell other about your experience on Trip Advisor.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to enjoy the facilities here at The Westbury Hotel.

Thanking you again and we hope to see you back at the Westbury soon.

Vincent O'Gorman