“Great spot in Dublin”

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“Great spot in Dublin”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

This was a nice location. We enjoyed walking many places in Dublin from here. The accommodations were modern and comfortable. We felt like this was a nice transition back into the modern world after a week in quaint and remote Irish villages.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted following your visit to us and for taking the time to tell other about your experience on Trip Advisor.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to enjoy the facilities here at The Westbury Hotel.

Thanking you again and we hope to see you back at the Westbury soon.

Vincent O'Gorman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel is very good situated close to The walking street and shopping area and with many excellent restaurants within walking distance. The service from all staff are outstanding and the rooms provides very good comfort.

Room Tip: All rooms I have been in have been in the same outstanding quality
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jimkann
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and we are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit .

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I love staying at this hotel in Grafton Street, it is so near to everything, and all the staff are lovely, all the porters greet you like long lost friends, the beds are comfy and include everything you need, I just could not get the hang of the coffee machine. This is my favourite stay in Dublin City.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted following your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your return visit to us. Please do let us know when you are planning another visit and we will be delighted to show you the workings of the coffee machine.

Oakland, California
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a delightful hotel in a fantastic location. Just off Grafton Street, it's an easy walk to so many places: Trinity College, the Abbey Theatre, etc. My room at the hotel was comfortable and well appointed. The staff was friendly, helpful, and attentive.

Be sure to have afternoon tea or a meal in The Gallery. The rustic brown bread that came with my meal was honestly some of the most delicious bread I've ever had. The whole meal was excellent and relaxing.

There were only two things that were less than excellent. The wifi in my room was not great. However, staff came up to work on it immediately. They offered to move me to another room, but as we found a spot where the reception was decent I chose to stay where I was. The other part that was a bit disappointing was the wait staff in The Gallery. There were times when I felt like they were purposely avoiding looking at diners trying to get service. I found, though, that while they didn't always look my way, if I spoke up as they walked by they were very pleasant and efficient.

I will most certainly stay at The Westbury again the next time I'm in Dublin.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted following your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience with us and the many trip advisor users. `

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea on the Gallery which is always a favourite of our guests and locals alike, the Gallery is a great oasis where you can sit and enjoy some relaxing moments and do a bit of people watching at the same time. I have taken your feedback on board regarding the service and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I am thrilled that you plan on returning to us and it will be a privilege to welcome you back and I hope that you enjoy your return visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I absolutely loved our recent stay at the Westbury. I was extremely happy with the location off Grafton Street and between Trinity College on one side, and St. Stephen's Park on the other. There are tons of places to eat and shop within a few minutes walk of the hotel. The staff greeted us warmly and were very helpful throughout the week with whatever question or need arose. In particular, Hazel was a gem to work with from reservations through our stay. The hotel is beautiful, and has a gathering room for afternoon tea or drinks. It looked like Dublin society was meeting in the gathering room in the afternoons. Our room was elegantly decorated, quite, and comfortable. When I return to Dublin, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A limited number of family rooms for 4 are available if needed.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted following your visit to us and and for taking the time to tell us and others about your experience at The Westbury Hotel.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you for your kind words. I am thrilled that you plan on returning to visit us again when your return to Dublin and I hope that we are now your home from home when visiting our fair city and that your stay is as enjoyable as your last.

Thank you again for your kind review. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. Beautifully decorated & polite, friendly staff. Hard to find! Happened upon it purely by accident & one of the staff actually got in car to direct us to front of hotel. Clean rooms & comfy beds.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us and thank you for sharing your views with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post your review and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Every one of my colleagues’ endeavour’s to provide our guests with as comfortable a stay as possible and I am glad that you had such an enjoyable time while visiting us. I regret that the one way traffic system caused you difficulties I regret that this was such an inconvenience for you.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to stay with us soon and thank you again for your review.

MD
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The hotel was easy to walk to from central Dublin. Grafton street has little cafés and convince stores to take food or snacks back to the room.
It was very clean and elegant. Turndown service is around 6 pm so if you turn in early, put the DND sign on the door for privacy. The room had plenty of outlets; even one that took US style plugs. And there was one that took USB plugs took. An adaptor was handy, but not necessary.
The staff was professional, kind and helpful. The concierge desk was most helpful in answering questions about getting around. There is a queue of taxis outside most mornings so getting around that way is quite easy (albeit more expensive than the bus).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank MissStacyJ
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted following your recent visit to us and for taking the time to tell other about your experience at the Westbury Hotel.

Thanking you again and we hope to see back with us soon.