“Afternoon Tea and scones at its best!”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Llucmajor, Spain
“Afternoon Tea and scones at its best!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

If you care for a civilized cup of tea, second flush Darjeeling for example, to help wash down the scones with clotted cream and jam, this is the place to have it!
Impeccable!
Friendly and knowledgable service throughout.
Always a pleasure to be here!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear WolfgangH,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your visit to us for Afternoon Tea.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your afternoon tea especially the scones I am thrilled that our service and our employee’s made such a positive impact and your visit was a highlight for you. I will pass your knid comments on to the team on The Gallery and the kitchen they will be delighted with your feedback.

Kind regards

Vincent O'Gorman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed 3 nights. Rooms were small but adequate (after all you are in a big city and space is at a premium) Staff was friendly and helpful, more than happy to assist you. Lobby is beautiful and huge! This is where you can have afternoon tea (starting @ 1:30 PM) or just a sandwich, beverage or dessert. We did the tea which was excellent, the best scones we had in Ireland!. This was during the week, the lobby seems more crowded on weekends. Breakfast was also a treat, the buffet had absolutely everything you could imagine and you can also custom order your breakfast. But several others complained about slow service. We did have trouble getting the attention of the waiter staff at times. Good location to walk to museums.

Room Tip: make sure your room key card works with A/C (there is a slot to insert card that operates A/C in ev...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Maboli2014

I am delighted to read your review, thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to the Westbury Hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am genuinely thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your recommendation to other travellers.

Thank you for choosing us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Ireland
Reviewed May 18, 2014

In the centre of Dublin beside grafton street and st Stephens green. 5 min walk to temple bar and the theaters. 5 star in every way. Concierge take your car and look after parking. Luggage left to room. We were upgraded without asking to a exec suite. It was a huge room with 3 Tvs and the height of luxury. All this without breaking the wallet. Top class

• Stayed May 2014
Dear David939,

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am most appreciative of your personal recommendation, it means the world to me and my team.

Thank you for writing about us and I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Kind regards

Malaga
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Afternoon tea in the Westbury is a salubrious affair.
We were ushered to our seats and were promptly brought a  glass of chilled champagne.

It's served in a beautiful plush area. Girls in black dresses and neat figures heap attendance on you. We spotted two famous people, an actor and a politician.

The food comprises of decrusted, delicate sandwiches on white  and brown bread served on a silver platter.
The way I should be served everyday!

The cake stand was preceded by a melt in the mouth white chocolate mousse served in a small glass bowl.

Now the cake stand was to die for, delicious, delicate cakes and melt in the mouth scones.

It was a lovely,sunny afternoon and the place was full.

Go spoil yourself (50€ approx per person).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear IrishPatMalaga

I am thrilled that you had a wonderful time and that afternoon tea was a salubrious affair.

I am delighted you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea on The Gallery thank you for telling others about your experience. Our afternoon tea is very popular and our guests and local residents alike all enjoy this great experience and take in a bit of people watching at the same time.It is a must do while visiting Dublin. I totally agree that everyone should spend an afternoon and spoil themselves enjoying this wonderful treat !!

I will pass you kind comments on to our Executive Chef so the kitchen crew can enjoy your wonderful feedback.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Tampa, FL
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I've stayed in many hotels but I must say this was one of my favorites! Hotel is beautiful with so much attention to detail! Location is excellent and within walking distance to upscale shopping and restaurants! We visited during the holidays and the hotel was decorated very elegant with beautiful flower arrangements everywhere!! LOVED this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear lovefood51

I simply loved your review, thank you so much for talking the time to write about your stay with us.

I am delighted that the team here were able to help organize your activities with a smile and that Shannon was on hand to assist with your special drinks request. The whole team here love nothing more than helping our guests truly experience Dublin City and they will be thrilled when I share your feedback. Great to hear that you thought our bedrooms, bar and lounge were all top notch, we have a very passionate Design Team who spends a great deal of time ensuring every space is not only chic and luxurious but also incredibly inviting and welcoming, they will be so pleased when I share your comments, thank you!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed this past week at the Westbury Hotel in Dublin. The hotel is situated in the center of the busy Dublin streets, with easy access to stores and restaurants right outside the front door.
The first thing we noticed as we entered the lobby are the magnificent flower arrangements.
The lobby, restaurant and bar areas are beautiful. Everyone is happy and accommodating, and the staff is always smiling. We knew immediately that we had chosen the best place to stay.
Our large suite room was delightful and had a super comfortable bed. . Every morning we received chocolates and every evening we received turndown service, also with a smile.
We met our friends each evening before dinner in the large bar and lounge area. As a non drinker, I asked Shannon, the bar tender, to make me a non- alcoholic drink called an egg cream.
( no eggs involved) . He was more than happy to do so, and it was delicious. We all had a great laugh about it.
The concierge service was excellent here, more so than in other 5 star hotels where we have stayed. Nothing we asked for was too small or large for them to accomplish.
We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again, for sure!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lovefood51

I am delighted that the team here were able to help organize your activities with a smile and that Shannon was on hand to accommodate you with your special drinks request. The whole team here love nothing more than helping our guests truly experience Dublin City and they will be thrilled when I share your feedback. Great to hear that you thought our bedrooms, bar and lounge were all top notch, we have a very passionate Design Team who spends a great deal of time ensuring every space is not only chic and luxurious but also incredibly inviting and welcoming, they will be so pleased when I share your comments, thank you!

Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We spent 5 nights here on the first part of our visit to Ireland. The hotel as others have said is very centrally located, and we walked where ever we wanted to go. The shopping was impeccable, and there were many pubs and such to choose from. We enjoyed the quietness of the hotel, which was a surprise to me since it is right in the middle of everything! The staff was very friendly, and extremely helpful when we had questions where to find certain places. I would absolutely stay here again if we ever return to Dublin!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear kraye-1

Thank you for taking the time to write about us following your recent visit to Dublin.

We are incredibly blessed location wise, not only do we have some of the best and trendiest restaurants, bars and chic boutiques in town but it is also literally only a minutes walk to Grafton Strteet, the best of both worlds really! I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you again for posting your review.

I hope to welcome you back when you next visit Dublin.