“Experience the best.”

Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Cootehill
“Experience the best.”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

from the minute you arrive until you check out you get excellent service. i was given an upgrade on my last visit and the room was perfect. I always try to stay in The Westbury and even though this was a last minute trip they gave me a fabulous room and the entire experience was lovely.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank Geraldine G
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Geraldine G

Thank you for your great review it was a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

I am glad that the team here at The Westbury were a highlight for you and that everything was perfect during your stay. I hope that you return to us again and thank you for your continued support.

Kind regards,

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Manningtree
Reviewed May 6, 2014

One of the best hotels I have stayed in. Room faultless - very comfortable bed and a good nights sleep. Central location, staff are superb. Check out McDaids pub next door, great Guinness. Will come again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Philip C
Dear Philip C

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing us for your recent visit to Dublin.

I am thrilled you loved The Westbury Hotel and that you rated us as one of the best hotels you have ever visited. I am happy that the comfort of your bed was such a highlight and that the service, ambience and of course location all combined to created an exceptional hotel experience for you.

It was great to have you visit us and I am delighted that you plan on returning to us soon.

Florence
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Good points: pleasant to the eye, staff service very friendly, fancy coffee maker in room, bath robes and slippers.

Bad points: The thermostat in our room was not functioning properly as the temperature was always on the unpleasantly warm side even when we set the air conditioning at the lowest possible temperature. We had to open windows. Staff gave a polite excuse saying they were not prepared for warm days in Dublin... Also the food at the restaurant's hotel is overpriced.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Luz C
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Luz C,

Thank you for your review following your visit to us recently.

I am glad that you were impressed with the ambiance and location of our hotel and that the team here were a highlight for you. However I am sorry that you were disappointed with the air conditioning in your room. Please accept my apolgoies that we failed to reach your expectations. I have also noted your comments on our breakfast pricing, whilst we always aim to be in line with the other hotels in the area we can always learn from your feedback and I promise we will look into it.

I hope that you come back to visit us soon again and thank you for your feedback.

marbella
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic from start to finish. Excellent service, location couldn't be better and quantities superb throughout. Would definitely revisit. Beds lovely and comfortable so a great nights sleep. If you want shopping, sightseeing and to be in the heart of everything dublin has to offer, you won't get much better than this.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank tracy h
Dear tracy h,

I am delighted that you rated us fantastic from start to finish thank you for your recommendations to others.

It is delightful to read that you had such a great time and that you will definitely revisit us again. We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you again for your great review.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Service was fantastic, booked online and got an email thanking me for booking and asking me what else they could help me with. Room was lovely although could do with a little touch up but not that would put you off. Would def stay again as hotel & staff were excellent only issue would be price of breakfast... Too expensive x

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank colleen35
Dear Colleen35,

Thank you for writing about your stay, your feedback is incredibly important to us thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and particularly pleased that the service you received from our team was a real highlight. I am sorry that you thought our breakfast was too pricey, whilst we always aim to be in line with the local market we can always learn from your feedback and I promise we will look into it.

Thank you again for your feedback, it was a pleasure to have you with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Wolverhampton
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This hotel is right in the centre of Dublin, however it is amazingly quiet!

Set just off Grafton Street, this hotel is complete luxury! Went there for my boyfriends 30th birthday and not knowing where to stay, after months of research I came across this gem!

Everything about this hotel is amazing! From the service, to the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, to the extra touches such as bottle of wine and cake platter for a birthday surprise! The rooms are large and airy, and have a modern style and are fitted with high class furniture!

We stayed for 3 nights and wished we were still there! Not a hotel I could afford to stay in every night but for a memorable break, this is the one you need to choose!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TracyWolverhampton
Dear T TracyWolverhampton,

Thank you for your amazing review and I am thrilled you chose us to celebrate your boyfriends birthday and I am delighted you had such a wonderful and enjoyable experience!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we really appreciate your personal recommendation, it means the world to me and my team.

Thank you for writing about us and your great review and I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Yours sincerely,

Vincent O'Gorman
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights (Mon & Tues) in a Superior Room (Queen Bed) during April 2014.

LOCATION:
The hotel is very conveniently located just steps away from Grafton Street. There are numerous sights and shopping/eating establishments within walking distance of the hotel. If the Grafton area is what you are looking for then this hotel can't be beat. It is also a relatively short walk away from the Temple Bar area as well.

Getting to the hotel was easy as we took the Aircoach from Dublin Airport where you can get off at Trinity College and walk the short distance to the hotel.

SERVICE:
 The level of service at this hotel is excellent. We were warmly and promptly greeted at the door upon our arrival. Reception was well staffed, extremely pleasant and efficient. This high level of service was extended to every other staff member that we encountered as well including housekeeping, doorman and porter staff.

ROOMS:
 I cannot recall exactly the room number we had but it faced out onto Harry Street and Grafton which was merely steps away. Street noise was minimal to non-existent. The room itself was quite clean and well laid out. The bathroom is small but has everything one would need including strong water pressure.

DINING:
 We did not eat at the hotel given the multitude of available restaurants in the area. However the dining area at the hotel looked expansive and well staffed.

Overall this is a very, very nice hotel that provides a very high standard of service and is located in a convenient and pleasant area. We would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Our room was located just above the intersection of Balfe & Harry Streets just a few steps away...