“Everything is perfect. The best smoked salmon in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Milan, Italy
“Everything is perfect. The best smoked salmon in town”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Little to say about this luxury hotel. Everything is close to perfection. Spacious, silent and super-equipped rooms, a tremendously convenient location (on the golden strip Grafton Street, but not in the noise of the street), near St.Stephen's Green and Trinity College. The service is superb: our group did a late check-in coming from Italy and we got a finger-food dinner near the fireplace (at 11 pm which is not so late for Italy, but dead night for Ireland) that was simply delicious and perfect. The breakfast is state-of-the-art and the piece of cake is the fresh, juicy and tasty smoked salmon. Of course when you pay a 4-star price, you get. But not always work like this, these days. So, book with confidence.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Lebon 1973,

Thank you for your fabulous review following your trip to Dublin.

I am delighted that everyting was perfect for you from our bedrooms which are well equipped and designed to the breakfast and the late night snack at the fire side. I am delighted that you had such a good time while visiting us and thank you for telling others about your perfect experience with us.

We hope that you will come back to us soon and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Lausanne
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Almost everything in this hotel is 5 stars: the staff is great, the location ideal, the amenities beautiful, the rooms large and bright, the breakfast fantastic. My only disappointment was regarding the TV: it's old and the quality is poor (low definition and distorted picture).

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mathieu A

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor following you recent visit to us.

Whilst I am happy that you enjoyed our service, the friendliness of our team and that you thought your bedroom was well equipped and designed and that breakfast was fantastic. I am very sorry to read that the TV in your room was not up to standard, I shall address this matter immediately and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Overall however I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward, hopefully to welcoming you back when you next visit Dublin.

Yours sincerely

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Hubby and i stayed in the westbury this weekend! Absolutely amazing....we could not make one fault! Staff were excellent and attention to detail was first class!! Highly highly recommend! Very central too...lots of quality bars and restaurants nearby too!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear TEDplus1

I am delighted that you have rated us as “absolutely fantastic” , your review is highly motivating to all of the team here at The Westbury and thank you for posting such a fantastic review.

I am delighted that your had such a great time and we hope that you come back and visit us again soon !

Cork
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I thought about writing this review for a while but felt compelled to do so after my "back to back" stay here and at 5 star sister hotel in London last week. I do love both hotels but the Westbury wins hands down. The welcome, the friendliness, the "cannot do enough for you during your stay " . Every member of staff greeted me with Mrs Cronin down to the valet parking on arrival . Amazing !! Our room was spotless , perfect with all requests including hypo allergenic in place. I want to stay in a hotel that makes me feel welcome , special , valued and goes to the trouble of reading my GHA profile .... And they did !! Joseph , the guest relations manager is out there , concerned about and taking care of HIS guests ~ NOT hidden away in some office. Rachel McNamara , guest relations assistant manager looked after the booking and stay at The Westbury hotel . She personally handled everything in an exemplary and professional manner. It is wonderful to have a hotel to escape to that is luxurious , centrally located, has amazing cuisine and a service second to none ..... and all that without getting on a plane. A little oasis in Dublin ! Thank you Rachel for taking the time to look after us. You are a gem and it was a truly amazing experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paula C
Dear Paula C

I am thrilled to read you had such a positive visit, your brilliant review is incredibly motivating for me and my team and I am very grateful that you took the time to post your review.

I am delighted to read that you clearly see us as amazing and that the team here at The Westbury welcomed you and made your feel so at home. Joseph and Rachel are indeed two very dedicated and loyal members of our team and they believe that great guest experience boils down to service and I am delighted that they made your stay a 5 star exemplary experience.

It was a pleasure to have you with us, thank you for recommending us to others and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Vitoria, ES

Great hotel!
Great staff!
Great Internet!
Great restaurant!
Great breakfast!
Great meals!
Great afternoon tea!
Great location in a walking distance from many touristics places in town. It's very easy to get there by car or taxi and at the same time it's right in the corner of the MAIN pedestrian and shopping street
That's one of the best hotels I ever stayed

Dear Cardosopat

A wonderful review! Thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel and taking the time to write about us.

You certainly had a great time with us and I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and that you thought we were one of the best hotels you have ever stayed in, high praise indeed and thank you for your great review.

We hope that we are now your home away from home and that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.

Austin, Tx
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located in the middle of Dublin activity, just off the center of Grafton. It is beautiful, and the hotel staff extremely helpful and accommodating. The rooms are beautiful and contemporary, with lovely bathrooms. Beds and linens are very comfortable. Despite its central city location, the hotel rooms are undisturbed by urban noise.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lovetatour54

Thank your for taking the time to post your review following your visit to The Westbury Hotel.

Our location is indeed a huge bonus and I am delighted that you managed to get out and about to see the many spots that are all within easy walking distance from the Hotel. I am delighted that all the team here at The Westbury Hotel were on hand to help and assist you during your stay.

I hope we are now your home away from home and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us soon.

Yours sincerely,

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed here based on its Tripadvisor reviews and we were very pleased. The hotel is unbelievably central and yet still very quiet at night. The staff were charming and very knowledgable. With some many interesting cafés, bars and restaurants so close to the hotel, we never actually ate in the hotel!

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms are excellent but there is a huge size increase if you upgrade to a suite!