“Afternoon Tea - efficient, elegant and relaxing”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Northern Ireland
“Afternoon Tea - efficient, elegant and relaxing”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Travelled to Dublin by train and treated ourselves to afternoon tea in The Westbury. The staff were fabulous and even though it appeared to be booked out the staff did their utmost to accommodate us and we were not disappointed. It was a bit expensive (€48 each) but that included a glass of champagne and more food than we could ever eat. The staff were fabulous - attentive and efficient. I would highly recommend a visit to this very elegant hotel. It is a long time since we stayed in The Westbury but after our recent afternoon tea experience, we are planning to return very soon.

Room Tip: Book in advance for afternoon tea - we nearly didn't get a table!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brecht56
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Brecht56,

I am delighted that you had such a great time while visiting us recently to enjoy Afternoon Tea.

The Gallery is renowned as a place to visit to sit and relax and enjoy our famous Afternoon Tea and at the same time so a bit of people watching. I am so happy that you had a good time.

Thank you for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely.
Vincent O’Gorman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel represents everything a five star hotel stands for. From the moment we arrived they really went out of there way to make our stay memorable. In my opinion this hotel represents Irish hospitality at it's very best

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Padraig P
Dear Padraig P,

What a great review I am delighted that we managed to exceed your expectations and that our team here at The Westbury Hotel went the extra mile to ensure you had a wonderful experience while in our care.

I am delighted that we represented Irish Hospitality at its best and thank you again for posting your very positive review. We hope you come and stay with us soon again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel but much more importantly, the Westbury understands service and every single member of staff I met was impeccable in manner and courtesy. If only more hotels bothered to train staff in the art of solicitude, then more hotels, like the Westbury, would be A1. I hope, however, with the success of the new (re-staffed) Westbury, prices don't go up and prevent people like me staying again on a budget between 120-150 Euro per night. If prices stay as they are, and great reviews from happy people keep pouring in, the Westbury ought to be full every night of the year and remain a cheerful hotel: with a rare balance of luxury and kindness and an atmosphere fuelled by the contentment of not only the the people who stay there, but the staff too, who are (I noticed) often thanked profusely by guests and much deserved.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MJHyland
Dear MJHyland,

Wow! We could not ask for a better review and thank you for posting your thoughts.

I am thrilled that you had such a great time with us and I am delighted that our team managed to impress you so much. I am indeed lucky to have such a wonderful dedicated team who really enjoy what they do and will always go the extra mile to help and asssit our guests.
Your comments are wonderful and a great motivation for me and my team and we very much appreciate your kind comments.

Thank you again and we look forward to having your stay with us again.

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

My family recently spent 3 nights at the Westbury. We were treated with the utmost respect and as honored guests. Arriving at 8AM from an overnight flight, we were able to get into our room by 9AM. From the first desk clerk, to the last doorman who helped us with our luggage, they staff if the Westbury was fantastic. The room was clean, spacious, comfortable. Location was fabulous. We walked to nearby restaurants for dinner every night. Would highly recommend this hotel for visitors to Dublin.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank melodyh58
Dear Melodyh58,

I am delighted that you and your family had a wonderful time with us and we appreciate the time you took to post your review on Trip Advisor,

I am thrilled that we were able to facilitate you with an early check in and that your stay was fantastic and that we couldnt have done anything more for you to make your stay so memorable.

Thank you again and I hope that you come back and stay with us again.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The Westbury hotel is in a perfect location. Close to Trinity, the hipster restaurants behind the hotel, central to the best pubs and a short walk from Temple Bar (you have to see once).The rooms are quiet and peacefull to rest up for the busy day you can have working and then checking out the surroundings (historical and other).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear PM,

Thank your for taking the time to post your review following your visit to The Westbury Hotel.

Our location is indeed a huge bonus and I am delighted that you managed to get out and about to see the many hot spots that are all within easy walking distance from the Hotel.

I hope we are now your home away from home and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Lovely hotel. It is in a great location, lovely rooms, great food but it is fairly busy. It suits for a city centre break but don't count on it being relaxing!
The staff were really nice and very accommodating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LydiaEmma
Dear Lydia Emma,

It was a pleasure to have you visit our hotel and thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and our location was suitable for you to enjoy the many sites which are all within walking distance. I am thrilled that the team here made you feel welcome.

I hope that we have the pleasure of seeing you soon again and thank you again for taking the time to post your review.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I hardly ever write reviews but I felt I needed to in this case. I visit Dublin about twice a year because my son is there for 6 years. I usually stay at another hotel but it was full this trip so decided to give the Westbury a try. I was not sorry!! There was a bit of a mix up with the room I booked so they graciously gave me an outstanding room on the 6th floor ( the top floor) for the duration of my week's stay. I did not expect that at all. The customer service in general ( breakfast staff, concierge, cleaning staff) was exceptional. I travel a lot so I have a lot of hotels in my 'repertoire' to compare to. Your hotel is certainly near the very top. Thank you for making my trip memorable!!!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Cathy F
Dear Kittykata,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience.

I am delighted that we made such a great impression on you and that we managed to exceed your expectations. The team here at The Westbury will be thrilled that you though so highly of us.

We look forward to welcoming you back and we hope that we are now your home away from home while visiting our city.