“URGENT PLEASE SEE BELOW--NO 1 HOTEL”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I live in the Middle East so I am used to 5 star hotels, however, as a frequent world traveller, I have to say that I have NEVER EVER experienced the level of service and customer care that I have experienced and observed during my current stay at this hotel. The attention to guests by all and I MEAN ALL staff at all levels is just AMAZING. If you visited here before and thought it was good YOU MUST VISIT again as it is now even better. I do not have the words to describe to degree to which the service in this hotel has been elevated.... If you stay in this hotel YOU WILL NEVER stay in another hotel again.... BRAVO TO THE NUMBER 1 hotel in Dublin

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Seanfada,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review and for telling others about your fabulous experience at The Westbury Hotel.

To know that you thought us amazing and that you will never stay in another hotel in Dublin is incredibly motivating for all of the team here at the hotel thank you for your kind words. Our team genuinely cares and their passion for looking after others is what we believe will set us apart and hopefully ensure our guests will continue to return to the Westbury.

It was a pleasure to have you with us, we are looking forward to welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for The Westbury

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was my first trip to Dublin, and I took an extra day between business meetings in London and Dublin to visit the city. The hotel location is convenient, and the staff amazing. I had a wonderful time, and really appreciated all the help and guidance I received on how best to enjoy my day in Dublin. The hotel also recommended a fabulous restaurant for dinner and secured a last minute reservation for me. Terrific time and hope to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear BD,

Thank you for your kind review following your stay with us I am delighted that you had a memorable visit to The Westbury Hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that all my colleagues helped to make your stay special. Your recommendations are incredibly important to all of us here at The Westbury and recommendations like yours is and always will be the most powerful form of referral. Thank you again for your review.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Dublin.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Westbury is a beautiful hotel, but I left feeling disappointed with my own personal experience. I booked online and asked for a double bed, and when I checked in the receptionist asked me again if I wanted a double or twin beds and I said double. I left my luggage and returned to the room much later that evening to discover it was a twin room, I went back downstairs changed keys and had to drag my luggage to another floor for the room requested. The TV was formatted to the wrong screen size so all of the images were skewed on the screen. This sounds a bit like knit picking I realize! But the main problem was that i received 3 calls during the night with no one at the other end, from 1am-4am. I called reception after the second call and asked for nothing else to be put through and could not leave the phone off the hook because of the dial tone

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elaine M

Dear Elaine M,

Thank you so much for your feedback on TripAdvisor and please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you experienced during your visit. I would like to assure you that I shall personally be addressing our shortfalls you experienced with the incorrect room allocation and the issues with the key card. Please also accept my apologies for the disturbance while you slept, I have checked our internal records and cannot find any record of our night crew calling your room. The only explanation is perhaps another guest called your room in error, however I do regret that you experienced such a restless night.

I am always thankful and appreciative of feedback, even when disappointing as we believe we can only improve and offer a better service and quality of product if we truly listen to what our customers are saying about us.

Given your experience I understand and recognize that your perception of us have been marred and I would appreciate the opportunity, if you would be amenable, to restore your faith in us. I would therefore be grateful if you would get in touch with me when you are next travelling to Dublin as I know we can and will meet and exceed your future expectations and just hope you give us the opportunity to do so.

With renewed apologies,

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We booked the Westbury for an away weekend and we both really needed to relax. I must say the standard of service was outstanding. I have stayed in The Park in Kenmare, Parknasilla in Sneem, The Europe in Killarney and had drinks in Adare Manor but the Westbury has beaten them all with the friendliness and ambience. From the most helpful concierge on my arrival, the graceful receptionists and the porters. We dined in the Novo bar and Marius was totally fantastic. A credit to Romania! Thanks also to Derek who saw us leave on Sunday and spontaneously offered to keep our bags while we went round town. Definitely, definitely we/I will bee back and I have also advised a trainee hotel manager (was in another hotel last night) to book and visit the Westbury to see how it's done!!!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there would be a room you wouldn't want to stay in!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary Jo M

Dear Mary JO M,

Wow ! what a fabulous review we are thrilled that we managed to impress you so much and thank you for your great recommendations.

I am so happy that our team made your time with us memorable and truly special, it is the very best feedback we could ever ask for and exactly what we strive to achieve for all our guests.

Thank you for writing such a glowing review about us, I am delighted you had such a good time and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Lovely stay at Westbury again. My nephews and niece were with me at check in but we're not staying- Thomas included them in the warm hand cloths welcome; all very impressed! Maurice in the Gallery accommodated my last minute request for a space for a family drinks get together
All in all great time as always!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Martina D,

What a great review and I am thrilled that we had the pleasure of welcoming you again and I appreciate the time you took to post your review.

I am glad that Thomas and Maurice were on hand to assit you and that we managed to impress your nieces and nephew maybe next time they can stay also.

We are delighted to have you stay with us and we hope that it wont be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My sister and I booked the Westbury as it had the best reviews and we were treated like royalty. The staff were so helpful and attentive and the hotel itself is just pure luxury and well worth spending an extra few pennies on. The breakfast was outstanding and I will be recommending this hotel to my friends and family for sure.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Nicky 1407,

We were delighted to have you and your sister as our guests and thanks for the great review.

I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great time and that you were treated like royalty, it is the best feedback we can receive from a guest and I am grateful for the time you took to write your review and tell others about your experience and recommendations, thanks again.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again during the year.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Just a huge big thanks to all the staff at the Westbury, but in particular Hazel and her colleague at reception, for their warm welcome, and in making us feel very welcome and sorting out a problem cause by last minute.com with the reservation. They more than sorted it out and went above and beyond the call of duty .We had a fantastic stay, and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Des H

Dear DesH

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on Trip Advisor and also for your call to my office earlier this week to pass your compliments to my colleagues on reception.

Thank you or choosing the Westbury to celebrate your anniversary and I am delighted that Hazel and her colleagues were able to go the extra mile to sort out the difficulties you experienced with your reservation. It is the best type of feedback we can ask for and is truly a motivation to all the team and this is what we try to achieve for all our guests.

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and I hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.