“Excellent Location, Beautiful Rooms, and Friendly Front Desk....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Excellent Location, Beautiful Rooms, and Friendly Front Desk....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

January 2014 - The Westbury is definitely the place to stay in Dublin, centrally located, within steps of Trinity College and the main shopping area (Grafton Street). The rooms were beautifully appointed and the front desk staff was amazing, constantly offering us water to take on our journeys and answering any and all questions we may have had. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to everyone. The only complaint I have would be their wait staff in, The Gallery; not very pleasant nor accommodating. Afternoon Tea was a big disappointment.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear JenyReg,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay in January.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our locations worked for you and you managed to get out an about and visit the many lovely areas that are all within walking distance from the hotel. I am also thrilled that our front office team were able to make your stay extra special and that they were on hand to offer you assistance with directions and recommendations.

I am however disappointed that you were not made to feel welcome on The Gallery and that you did not enjoy Afternoon Tea. This is simply not good enough as we want to exceed every guests’ expectations and deliver unparalleled service experiences that evolve into long term relationships with our customers. We clearly did not manage to do this and I wish to apologise unreservedly for not looking after you whilst in our care.

I will digest every aspect of your feedback with my team and can assure you we will firstly learn from your experience and secondly make concerted decisions with appropriate actions to ensure we close the service and standards gaps you highlighted.

I hope that this will not deter your from visiting us in the future and I hope you will give us the opportunity to showcase the high standards of service we strive to achieve.

With renewed apologies.

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

"Stayed here with my boyfriend over Valentine's weekend & honestly can't speak highly enough of the hotel and in particular the staff. From the friendly welcome upon checking-in, to the fabulous room complete with hand-made Irish chocolates, to the sumptuous 3 course dinner & a breakfast feast fit for a queen the following morning. While the hotel itself is beautiful, the staff really are the crown jewel here - Daniel, the restaurant manager when we had dinner - couldn't do enough for us and was fantastic when I informed him that I'm both gluten free and lactose intolerant. I had my choice of courses & they worked around me throughout the meal. The finishing touch was the chocolate covered strawberries after dessert - which were dipped in gluten free chocolate so I could have them as well. Would highly recommend a stay here and will definitely be going back.

1 Thank Ali3084
Dear Ali3084.

We could not ask for a better review, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and for telling others about our beautiful tranquil and elegant hotel.

I am glad that we managed to tick all the right boxes and that you enjoyed your Valentine’s celebrations. Our staff are indeed a great asset to the hotel and they will always go the extra mile to make our guest feel special. I am delighted that you enjoyed the little special treats of chocolate and that that Daniel was able to facilitate your dietary requirements.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon and thank you again for your great review.

Tipperary, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here! Hotel is very plush. The rooms are very comfortable and beds are amazing, decor is very tasteful but the rooms are a bit on the small size! Breakfast was fantastic a huge selection and we'll presented! Staff very friendly

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lemon 1980,

I am delighted to read you had such a great stay with us, thank you for telling others about your experience at the Westbury.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and thought everything was plush. I am so happy that you enjoyed our fantastic breakfast and that my colleagues made you feel so welcome. The team here at The Westbury genuinely care about our guests and will be delighted to hear that you thought they were truly welcoming and helpful.

However, I note your comments regarding the room size, we do have a variety of room types from superior to suites and I appreciate that not all types work for all guests, we will be happy to talk you through the various options when you next travel to Dublin.

I hope that you can come back and stay with us soon again.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Spent the week end in Dublin and stayed at the Westbury as a special treat for my partner whose birthday it was.
Unbelievable service and hospitality throughout. They even placed beautiful sweet treats with card from the general manager in our room which was a lovely surprise.
Loved the ambience and food in both the cafe Novo and on the main lounge was delicious. Especially loved the fois gras.
Cocktails in the bar were also amazing.
Staff were very efficient and genuinely helpful at arriving and during our stay there.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone wanting Class "A" Service.
Thank you to all at the Westbury. Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Poligeo
Dear Poligeo,

We simply cannot ask for a better rating than Class A Service thank you for your great review.

I am simply thrilled that you had such a great visit to The Westbury and that we managed to impress you and exceed your expectations. We like to mark each celebration with some special treats and I am delighted that you enjoyed the little surprise.

Thank you again for your great review and I hope that we have the pleasure of seeing you back at The Westbury again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I recently stayed in The Westbury for a romantic one night stay(valentines treat) & from the moment we arrived , we were treated to the kind of service you expect from such a highly rated hotel. From the helpful doorman to the very efficent receptionist , we hadn't book a meal and the receptionist pulled a few strings and got us a last minute reservation in the brilliant Fade Street Social.From start to finish the staff couldn't do enough for us . The room was spotless and decorated to an extremely high standard & the in room Nespresso machine, meant tasty coffee on hand anytime. After our meal we came back to the hotel and had a few cocktails in the main foyer , the mojitos were particularly good , maybe to good.......... but the huge breakfast we had the next morning helped with any sore heads from the night before. My wife had the pancakes and I had a full Irish breakfast along with some scones and jam , this is how breakfast should be , plenty of choice and everything had a unique little twist , we were served by Shannon ( a very helpful and efficient waiter ) he had everything under control and waited on us hand and foot. Overall I can't fault our stay & I would highly recommend The Westbury , you will not be disappointed with any aspect of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Onesean,

I am delighted to read your brilliant review, thank you for taking the time to tell others about us and I am so happy that you enjoyed your break to celebrate a Valentines Treat.

It was a pleasure to have you stay and I am thrilled you were so impressed with our staff and our service and that my colleagues pulled out all the stops to assist your every request. Our team really cares and enjoys being part of our guests’ experiences; we believe this makes all the difference and thank your for recognising them.

Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Arrived on Friday afternoon, greet by a smartly dressed door man followed by Rachel who took us to our room and gave us some great tips for the evening. The gallery was a really nice space and we truly enjoyed our afternoon tea followed by a glass of bubbles before getting ready for dinner. The staff throughout the stay was very polite the service was exceptional.... Breakfast was a delight and a great way to end a wonderful night in Dublin.

Dear Ozkabele,

Thank you for your 5 star review and I am delighted that you have an exceptional time with us.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that our staff really stood out for you especially Rachel, she was delighted to have assisted you and thank you for recognising her.

I hope that we have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again and thank you again for telling others about your experience.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed for one night over the weekend. Friendly staff on check-in and the room was just great. The food was superb in Wilde restaurant and the cocktails in the marble bar were yummy. Will be back soon!

Dear PVPster,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to us and that you thought we were amazing. Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience.

I am very happy that our staff really stood to for you, I am very fortunate to have a great team who genuinely love looking after our guests and I think this makes all the difference.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am very pleased that you enjoyed Wilde restaurant and the “yummy” cocktails.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your review.