“Just incredible - love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Just incredible - love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Location was fantastic!
Staff were even better!
And to top it off our Superior room was HUGE and very beautiful.
LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this hotel, made our trip, thank-you so much to The Westbury, even had the Manager personally ask us about our stay on check out, i cannot recommend this hotel enough!

Room Tip: Go for the Superior double, you will not be disappointed!
1 Thank Laura_PBlondie
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Laura_PBlondie,

Great review thank you we are all thrilled that you love everything about The Westbury.

I am delighted that our location worked for you and that the team were able to make your trip such a memorable occasion. I appreciate your recommendations which I will pass to my team for them to enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back during 2014.

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I can't speak highly enough of this establishment. The hotel is located right on Grafton in an almost perfect location to much anywhere you'd need to go.

The room was perfectly clean, as you'd expect, and the staff was much friendlier and more polite than I've seen at most hotels. They were almost obsessive with keeping all of the hospitality items fully-stocked, whether it be the teas or the soaps; if the soap was even opened, you'd see a fresh one already waiting.

My one knock was that the 110V North American and 220V EU standard wall outlets weren't working, but they brought up a converter/surge protector with extra outlets for us to use.

Dear Billy B

What a great review thank you so much we are delighted that you thought so highly of us.

I am happy that our location suited your requirements and that you enjoyed the many wonderful shops ,bars and restaurants which are all so convenient and are all in walking distance from the hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am thrilled you were impressed with all the small little details which we believe make such a big difference. I hope we will always be your preferred hotel in Dublin and be a real home away from home for you in future.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

The Westbury is a great hotel. The location couldn't be better, the hotel is right in the middle of Dublin's key attractions and best shopping streets. The hotel itself is beautiful, and its best asset is its staff who were always ready to assist and were tuned in to the needs of their guests above all else. Being there in winter was wonderful as the central gallery and bar areas were a little quieter than normal, and presented a beautiful spot to sit and read (and drink ... and dine) as a solo traveller, without feeling at all out of place. The hotel is beautifully furnished in public areas and the rooms and the bathrooms in particular were a highlight. Congratulations Westbury, I will be back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear theproseclark,

Thank you for your great review following your recent visit to The Westbury.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to us and that you felt well cared for by our team and that you managed to relax and enjoy the ambiance of our hotel.

Thank you for choosing The Westbury during your stay and I am delighted that you will be back to us again and I hope that we will always be your hotel of choice while visiting Dublin.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Couldn't have been more pleased with our stay @ The Westbury. The hotel was not only beautiful but the staff was wonderful as well. If you're looking for a special place to stay at while you're in Dublin, look no further. Perfect location. Close to City Centre, tons of shopping, restaurants, and pubs. Should you need any advice or help while your there ask for Tommy or Eddie @ the concierge desk, both were so helpful.

Room Tip: One extra piece of advice...ask for a room on the 4th or 5th floor facing Grafton (if available).
1 Thank pquinn01
Dear pquinn01,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you couldn’t be more pleased. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. High praise indeed and I am very grateful that you took the time to post a review following your stay, thank you!

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am thrilled you were impressed with us especially Eddie and Tommy, we were all delighted to have assisted you and thank you for recognising them in particular.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Sierra Madre, Calif.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Have stayed at this GREAT hotel a number of times!! Best time was when the computer system mad a GRAVE error and booked by a $750 suite for $75......they honored the mistake withount batting an eye.....grat service, great location great accomodations....if there were a 6 Star rating....i would easily agree!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear fxoairlaw,

Thank you for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us it was a pleasure to read.

We are all delighted to read how much you enjoyed every aspect of your visit and that you rate us as a 6star property. The Team here at The Westbury endeavour to provide each of our guests with a wonderful stay and I am really delighted that you had such a good time. The will be delighted to read your review and thank you for all your kind words.

I hope that you return to visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Mum and I nada two night stay at the Westbury. From the moment we arrived, we felt welcome. The hotel has a comfortable, plush, without being too posh, feel. Everything was of good quality, the room, the food, the cappuccinos!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Sharon K
Dear Sharon K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled that we managed to impress you and your Mum and that your stay was perfect. I am very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and appreciate your personal recommendation it means the world to me and my team.

Thank you for writing about your visit and telling others about your stay, I look forward to welcoming you back during 2014.

Yours sincerely

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Having stayed at the Westbury many times I find it to be welcoming and friendly but yet professional . The bedrooms have had a makeover to a more modern feel but yet still keeping the old but new world feel. The only fault I would have is they really need to upgrade their movie channels they are slightly outdated. As for location you are near great shopping theatres are wonderful walks around the city and fun nightlife and as many restaurants for all different tastes. The Westbury for me is my home from home and have recommend I have recommend many friends who now have become regulars here also. You may notice I put good for sleep quality this is because you are in a city hotel and noise is unavoidable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 246810911

I am thrilled you loved your stay with us, thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel and for your great review.

It was such a pleasure to have you with us again and I am very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your time at the Westbury. I am delighted that you will return to us again and again and that we are now your home away from home. Our location is ideal for all the restaurants and bars and for shopping and I am delighted that it worked for you. Thank you again for your review and for telling others about your experience.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back.