“Great Service!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Houston, Texas
“Great Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here back in March 2013. The hotel was beautiful and the rooms were modern and updated. Though the service was great as far as the concierge/front desk/room service, we felt that the service at the Marble Bar was to be lacking. (We assume it was because we were considerably younger than most of the people staying there, most were getting service while we were ignored on two separate occasions) We ended up spending a lot of time in Cafe Novo because their service was so much better and their staff was great! They really helped make our entire experience memorable.

But the main point about this hotel is the location. It was perfect! We walked everywhere because it was in the middle of everything!! We only took a cab to get to and from the airport and to go out to Wicklow for a day trip during our 10 day stay. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Kelsey C,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay with us. We appreciate the time it takes and thank you for your recommendations.

I am pleased that you were impressed with our staff and that that the personal nature of our service was a highlight, we want to ensure that every guest is cared for as an individual and feel welcome and at home.

However, I am disappointed that we did not manage to exceed your expectations in all areas and the service in Marble Bar did not live up to our normal standards. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you experienced and I would like to assure you that this far from the service and standards we aspire and failed to deliver on this occasion.

I am happy however that this unfortunate incident will not deter you from returning to us and I am delighted that you that you plan on returning to us in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

Vincent O’Gorman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stunning service from the moment we checked in to the moment we left. Great location, fabulous room, amazing afternoon tea. Loved every minute and would thoroughly recommend, we had the best time - staff are exceptional.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Susannah38,
Thank you for choosing the Westbury for your recent visit to Dublin it was wonderful to have you stay with us and thank you for your recommendations.

I am thrilled you had the best time ever we very much appreciate your personal recommendation. I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us from the moment you arrived and that you also got to enjoy our wonderful afternoon tea.

I hope to welcome you back soon and wish you a Very Happy New Year!

Yours sincerely

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

The hotel is in a great location and is a beautiful hotel with the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept in. The blackout curtains in the room made it almost impossible to get up we were that cosy! The Lounge staff are very slow and that is the only negative thing I can say about the hotel. It wouldn't put me off staying here again, but they do need to pay a little bit more attention to everyone in the Lounge area and not just concentrate on the Afternoon Tea clients. We had three bottles of Champagne and Sandwiches in our group which cost more than an Afternoon Tea, but we had to really work hard to get served and waited over half an hour for a Coffee without so much as an apology.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Phil D
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Phil D,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us and I am delighted that you found our location to be so convenient. It is a real bonus to be able to walk to all the shopping areas and to browse the many bars and restaurants that are all within walking distance to The Westbury. I am thrilled to read that you slept so well and that you were so cosy that you had difficulty in getting out of bed in the morning.

However, I am disappointed that we did not manage to exceed your expectations in all areas and the service on the Gallery did not live up to our normal standards. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you experienced and I would like to assure you that this far from the standards we aspire to and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity to change your perception of us. I hope that you will give us the opportunity when you are next visiting Dublin so we can renew your confidence in us and ultimately gain your support as a regular customer of the Westbury.

Galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westbury the weekend before Christmas. We had a fabulous time there. I can only highly recommend it. From arrival to departure I can only praise the hotel. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The rooms were fabulous. The atmosphere in the Gallery was second to none. The breakfast catered for every taste. The location is perfect. The Christmas decor was lovely. My children loved the whole experience and can't wait to stay there again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pattie M,

Thank you for your great review following your visit to The Westbury in December.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, thank you for choosing the Westbury during your family’s Christmas visit to Dublin.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our décor, design and probably most importantly our service really impressed. Our team genuinely does care and we believe this is the most important aspect of our service which will hopefully ensure our guest continue to return. I will pass your comments on to the team for them to enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to write about us, I hope to welcome you back to The Westbury soon again.

Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We as a family, stayed in the Westbury for a night after New Years and had an amazing time. The location of the hotel is perfect, its fantastic to walk out the door and be right in the centre of the city. Our rooms were beautiful with a view of Grafton Street and the turn down service was a lovely treat. Breakfast the next morning for me was a highlight, there was nearly too much to choose from and we never felt rushed to vacate our table. The complimentarty newspaper added to what was a very relaxing meal.
The staff really make the stay here exceptional, constantly smiling and helpful. They had a room ready for us immediately, despite our early arrival, and provided some great recommendations of places to eat.
All in all I don't think I could visit Dublin again and not stay in the Westbury, we were spoiled throughout our stay. I only hope I can afford it next time!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Barbara O

What a great review thank you so much I am delighted that you and your family had such a fabulous time with us.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am very happy that our location, your room and our breakfast offering ticked all the right boxes. I am particularly pleased that our service stood out for you and delighted you thought our staff went above and beyond to look after you during your stay.

I hope we can be a home away from home for you for many years to come and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Wishing you a Prosperous New Year and thanks again for your review.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for just one night on a quick trip to Dublin. This hotel is ideally located off the main shopping street of Dublin (which is a no car zone) but just slightly off the street in order to be quiet. Rooms are quite spacious and very comfortable. The ratio quality to price is extremely high in this hotel, there is really nothing that bothered me during my stay and I am looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nroth

I am thrilled you loved your stay with us, thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel and for your great review.

It was such a pleasure to have you with us and I am very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your time at the Westbury. I am delighted that you will return to us again. Our location is ideal for all the restaurants and bars and for shopping and I am delighted that it worked for you.

Thank you again for your review and for telling others about your experience.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Faro, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed at the Westburry Hotel in Dublin at the Year End of 2013 with the family (2 adults and 2 children) and it was a very enjoyable stay. Fantastic location (right in the centre of Dublin and next to the main shooping and F&B area), the facilities are quite nice and specially Staff are all very professional and friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear AO1971,

Thank you for your trip advisor review following your stay in December.

I am delighted that our location worked for you and your family and that you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your recommendations which I will pass to my team for them to enjoy.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back during 2014.