“Could not be bettered!”

Ranked #7 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Glasgow, Scotland
“Could not be bettered!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Had a lovely weekend here, truly comfortable, luxurious and welcoming hotel. Friendly attentive service, great food and cocktails, I have never stayed in a better hotel in Dublin. We enjoyed the location, perfect for a short break in this great city. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Tricky26,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your visit to us in November.

I am delighted that you has a wonderful weekend with us and that you experienced a wonderful welcome. As a team we strive to deliver the highest levels of personalized service that will hopefully ensure our customers always return and I am delighted that you are planning a return trip.

Thank you for recommending us so highly, for taking the time to write about your time with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Vincent O’ Gorman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed one night on a business trip and must agree this is one of the better hotels I have stayed in. It is well situated, has character and the service is excellent. The room was very well appointed and very comfortable with a massive bed made for lounging in. My only complaint is that I had an early flight to catch in the morning so couldn’t indulge myself more. The staff were attentive without being sycophantic and seemed genuinely pleased to assist. It will certainly be my prime choice for my next visit to the lovely city of Dublin.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Godfrog,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to The Westbury and thank you for taking the time to review The Westbury on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that our location worked for you and that our service exceeded your expectations. We strive to deliver the highest level of service so as to ensure our customers will return. I hope that you manage to come and visit us again and we are thrilled that we are your number one choice of preferred hotel in Dublin.

Thank you again for your review we hope to welcome you back soon again.

Yours sincerely

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed at the Westbury this past weekend for 3 nights and was not disappointed. Service was excellent, our suite was well appointed and spacious. Location could not be better. Situated just off Grafton Street and only a short walk to Temple Bar. Also very close to Trinity College and multiple "Hop on Hop off" bus stops Afternoon tea in the plush hotel lounge was wonderful and be sure to grab a drink at bar in front of the fire place.

I would highly recommend the Westbury for your trip to Dublin and we will return on out next trip with out hesitation.

Dear Bullins23,.

A pleasure to hear you had such a positive experience and thank you for posting your review and telling others about the Westbury Hotel.

I am delighted that our location works for you and that you felt the style, décor and upkeep of our Hotel ticks all the right boxes for you. I am happy that you managed to take in the ambiance of The Gallery whilst enjoying Afternoon Tea and a drink from the Marble Bar in the evening.

It was a real pleasure to have you with us, thank you for choosing the Westbury Hotel and I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again on your next trip to Dublin.

Kind regards

Abbeyfeale, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I booked this hotel for my husband and me for one night as part of a reward to us (all work related :-) Before we arrived I contacted the hotel, telling them our story and shortly after we arrived, we received a lovely fruit basket and a personalised "Well Done" Card for my husband. That was a very nice touch and definitely made us smile.
Our room was small but gorgeous. The bed was to die for. Our view was right onto Grafton Street so considering that this is a city hotel with limited views, the hotel once again delivered a promise to give us a good room with a view.
We didn't get to spend much time in the hotel as our event was happening in Dublin Castle but the little we saw was fantastic. The staff was always smiling and wherever possible addressed us with our names. These small touches are so important, so again, well done to the hotel.
The breakfast was amazing. If you don't feel like having a fry then you can eat your heart out on the impressive buffet.
We would definitely return to the Westbury and maybe next time we get a chance to have a proper look around this fabulous hotel!
Thanks to all at the Westbury!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Madfailte,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to The Westbury and thank you for a wonderful review.

It was such a pleasure to read that you had a fabulous time and that our service was excellent.

To know that our team made you feel truly special is indeed wonderful.

We know how important these moments are for our guests and will always do our very best to make these occasions and celebrations as memorable and special as possible.

We hope that you can visit us again soon and thank you for your review.

Yours sincerely,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just spent 5 nights at Westbury on a business trip. The location is fantastic, as it is right on Grafton street which has lots of shops, pubs and cafes. This allows for some after-work entertainment without needing to travel far.

The highlight of my stay must be the breakfast at Cafe Nova. I looked forward and enjoyed it as they served the most wonderful spread - perfect scones and pastries, cold cuts and fruits, and a delightful hot breakfast menu from which you can choose from grilled fish of the day, minute steak, full Irish breakfast, waffles, omelette etc.

My only grouse is the soft bed and the turn taps (hot) and (cold) in the room. Can never seem to get a good mix of hot and cold water. However, the room was cosy and from my room (620) I had a gorgeous view of Dublin city, which looked especially beautiful at sunrise.

Definitely recommend this hotel for the business traveller.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Li_Hui_Lee,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review following your recent visit to The Westbury.

We are delighted that we managed to impress you so much and thank you for your comments on our service and our team. I am delighted that you managed to browse the many shops, restaurants and bars which are literally on our door step, and also that breakfast in Novo was a bit hit with you. Our team in Novo will be trilled with your feedback.

We hope that you visit us again soon and thank you for your review.

Yours sincerely

uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on business. From the moment I stepped foot through the door the service was impeccable, everyone was exceptionally polite, helpful and professional.

The hotel is in a wonderful location, right in the centre with lots of shops and restaurants nearby.

The hotel is extremely comfortable, well decorated with a lovely cosy lounge area. The room too was very nice and had everything I needed; clean, quiet, nice little touches like chocolates and Nespresso coffee. Wifi was included.

I ate in the hotel several times and was very impressed with the standard of the food, the continental breakfast especially was lovely with homemade scones, breads and a large selection of fruits etc. Room service was also a very high standard which it often isn't even in good hotels.

Overall a wonderful 5*hotel. I don't know about staying here again.. I want to move in!! :)

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Cathw66,

Thank you for such a fabulous review following your stay with us we could not ask for a better response than a Wonderful 5 star experience !!

It was a pleasure to read that you were so impressed with our staff in particular; I am thrilled you thought our service and our team made your experience exceptional from the breakfast to the coffee machine and the chocolate at bed time. It is indeed a great compliment that you would like to move in.

Thank you for choosing and recommending the Westbury, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a weekend here from Friday to Sunday
The hotel is positioned in a lovely quite street just behind the main shopping area a mix of bars and lovely restaurants
The staff are very attentive and polite,rooms clean and large enough to be comfortable
A little expensive in the bars .
We will return the this little Gem

• Stayed November 2013
Dear BigBalls1,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Westbury.

I am delighted that we managed to exceed your expectations and that our location worked for you. As a team we strive to deliver the highest levels of personalized service that will hopefully ensure our customers always return.

Kind regards,