“Wonderful Westbury in the heart of Dublin”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the Westbury during our visit to Dublin. As other's have mentioned, the location is central and right by Grafton Street. An easy walk to Trinity, Temple Bar, St. Stephens Green, and the national archives. We only needed a taxi for one dinner during our stay, everything else was easy access.

We stayed in a suite room and the accomidations were large and very comfortable. The hotel staff were very helpful. We did not try the resturant (as we had our own favorites in Dublin) but the trip back will include dinner as well as Sunday High Tea.

I strongly recommend the Westbury when you visit Dublin.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Travelvagabond,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to us and for your great recommendations.

I am delighted that you had such a positive experience and that our service really stood out and exceeded your expectations.

I am glad that you are planning a trip back to visit us and I hope that you manage to dine with us & take in our wonderful afternoon tea.

Thanking you for your review.

Vincent O’ Gorman

Reviewed October 13, 2013

after lunch today we visited the Westbury lounge upstairs for a quick drink, we alway's make a point of calling there as it is right in the heart of the busy Grafton street.the staff are all very pleasent and attentive. its just what you need after a busy shopping trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Flex43,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to The Westbury Hotel.

I am delighted that you had such a positive experience and that our service really stood out and exceeded your expectations and that we were able to help you unwind after your shopping trip.

I hope that you will visit us again soon and thank you for your review.

Vincent O'Gorman

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Westbury on a trip to Ireland, Staff were all so welcoming,helpful and cheerful, especially Hasel at the front desk she was a gem. Rooms are beautiful, spacious and clean. Location is perfect - although it was hard to find initially. Would definitely recommend this spot if in Ireland! We loved our stay, thank you to everyone who works at the Westbury hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear J_cobyn,

Thank you for your review and I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you for your recommendations.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your time in Dublin and that our location was convenient for you to visit the many shops, restaurants and bars that are all within walking distance our hotel. I am particularly happy with your positive comments on the service you received from the team here at The Westbury..

It was a pleasure to have you with us and thank you for choosing the Westbury I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2nights to celebrate my birthday and had a fab time. The service was excellent and our room was beautiful. The location of the hotel is brilliant. Shops, bars & restaurants are just on your doorstep. I also had champagne & a card from all the staff in my room on arrival as I was celebrating my birthday. It was a lovely touch. We will definitely be back!!

1  Thank C1are

Dear C1are,

Thank your for your wonderful review and we are thrilled that you had a fabulous stay with us and thank you for your recommendations.

We were delighted to welcome you and to make your birthday a memorable occasion. I am glad that the special touches like the champagne and card helped to make the celebrations that bit special.

I really appreciate your recommendation, and we are delighted that you plan on returning. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Just to say I would highly recommend this hotel, fine old world yet modern, silver service with a smile! You know that feeling when you feel good leaving hotel? Well yes got it here.
Hazel at reception was very professional and helpful, super friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear TriggerIreland,

Thank you for your wonderful review and I am glad that you experienced our silver service with a smile.

I am delighted that you though so highly of us and that all my colleagues managed to exceed your expectations. I hope that you will return to visit us soon again and thank you for choosing the Westbury.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed on a Friday and Saturday night recently. We had an absolute fab weekend. The hotel is at the centre of everything. Close to loads of lovely restuarants and pubs for late night entertainment. Any staff we met in the hotel were all so pleasant and friendly. We would highly recommend this hotel. Everywhere was spotless and well decorated. Our room was perfect and we heard no noise from outside. We will definitely be back. Can't wait!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear AandA112012,

Thank your for your wonderful review and we are thrilled that you had a fabulous weekend with us at The Westbury Hotel.

We were delighted to welcome you and to make your anniversary weekend a memorable occasion. We here at The Westbury strive to be part of your special experience and especially enjoy being part of our guests’ experiences, particularly so when we have guests celebrating special occasions.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at The Westbury our last night in Ireland on Holiday. It was a relaxing experience. I want to buy the pillows. The location is superb and the staff was outstanding. The bar help was a little slow but that seems to be the standard.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robbythegreat

Dear Robbythegreat,

Thank you for choosing the Westbury on your recent visit to Dublin. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and very much appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your experience.

I am delighted that you had a relaxing time and that the pillows were a big hit with you.

Our location just off Grafton Street is so convenient for shopping, dining and visiting the many bars which are literally on our front door and I am glad that this helped to make your stay enjoyable.

I apologise that you had an issue with the service in the bar area, our aim is to have consistently faultless service and we certainly can learn from all feedback to achieve this and thank you for your comments.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury in the near future.

Vincent O’Gorman,