“Lovely.”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The location is terrific and the accommodation is everything you would expect of a top hotel. We were unable to have afternoon tea as it was fully booked, so I would advise anyone to book ahead if you want to partake in that (it looked superb).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear SwedesUK,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay at The Westbury Hotel.

I am delighted that our location was so convenient for you and that you enjoyed your visit.

Our Afternoon Tea is indeed superb and is extremely popular, especially on weekends when it normally books up in advance. We highly recommend pre-booking and I regret that we were unable to facilitate you on this occasion. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that you get to enjoy our wonderful afternoon tea on the Gallery.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you once again to The Westbury.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Had afternoon tea for 2. We were really well looked after from the moment we arrived. Seated overlooking Grafton St, the trio platter arrived with a selection of sandwiches, followed by fresh scones and a multitude of sweetness. The challenge got larger as we went up the tiers! Unlimited tea and coffee too... Recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear BowenK,

Thank you for writing your wonderful review following your recent visit to us for afternoon tea and for telling others about your great experience.

I am delighted that you had such a positive experience and that our service really stood out and exceeded your expectations.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the sandwiches, scones and the multitude of deserts. We believed the secret lies in using the very best, freshest ingredients and making sure the quality and presentation of all our Afternoon Teas are an exceptional experience for all our guests. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our Executive Chef and his team who will really appreciate your comments.

I hope that you return to the Westbury soon again and thank you again.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This place was magnificent. Like staying in an intimate bed and breakfast but with all the amenities of a large scale hotel. Location is convenient to everything. Absolutely loved it and the staff was extremely nice and helpful. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Christie B,

Thank you for your wonderful review and I am glad that you thought we were magnificent.!!

I am thrilled you enjoyed your time in Dublin and that you had such an enjoyable stay, I am particularly happy with your positive comments on the service you received from the team here at The Westbury.

Our location is ideal and so convenient to stroll down Grafton Street and meander into the many bars and restaurants that are all within walking distance.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and thank you for choosing the Westbury I am delighted that you plan on returning to us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We recently enjoyed a very nice evening in The Westbury Hotel. I was surprised that the mixers in the bar were brands that were unknown to me. No Schweppes? The food in the dining room was very tasty , however the portions were a bit small for my liking. The staff were very attentive and very good. Overall a good meal but watch the portion size.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear TonyW,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to The Westbury Hotel.

I am delighted that you had a very pleasant evening and that you enjoyed your meal in Wilde. I have taken on board your comments regarding the portion size and will pass to Thomas our Executive Chef.

I have also noted your comments regarding the availability of certain drinks and mixer brands in Marble Bar. We are delighted to offer a premium selection of drinks and mixers, however I will take your feedback on board in relation to the specific products when looking to refine our offering further.

I am happy that overall you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon and thank you for taking the time to write the review.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel with a great location. Rooms spotless and well appointed. Nice restaurant but a little pricey and may be worth going elsewhere with such good restaurants close by. Great location for a shopping trip. Don't miss the afternoon tea.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Fiz12,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to The Westbury.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank for telling others about your experience.

I am delighted that that you enjoyed our scrumptious afternoon tea which is one of the highlights of a visit to The Westbury Hotel and is enjoyed daily by so many of our customers.

It was a pleasure to read that our location just off Grafton Street was so convenient for you and that you managed to get in a visit to the many shopping areas and bars and restaurants which are all located so near to our hotel. I have noted your comments regarding our restaurant pricing I would like to assure you that we shall continue to monitor this closely against our competitors to ensure that we offer value for money.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury soon.

Regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My partner and I had a wonderful weekend in Dublin staying at The Westbury. We were celebrating our anniversary and I informed The Westbury. From the time we checked in and until we checked out, it was great service. What makes us return time and time again to this great hotel for our anniversary in Dublin is the service by the staff which makes it special. It is the little touches and the thought that goes into them, such as welcoming us with a special card and chocolates in our room and the staff remembering it was our anniversary, that makes this hotel stand out from the rest. It is in an excellent city centre location, clean rooms with first class service. Thank you Andrea, Vincent and everyone at The Westbury. We hope to see you soon.

S
London, UK

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sea1975,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review following your stay at The Westbury Hotel.

I am delighted that we were able to ensure that your anniversary weekend was extra special. It was also great to read that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and that the little added special touches helped to make your celebrations all the more memorable.

I am delighted that you return again and again to visit us and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again next time you are in Dublin.

Kind regards,

Vincent O’ Gorman,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Great location, great staff and very clean and comfortable. a must if you are staying in Dublin for business or pleasure. Walking distance to Grafton street and all good resturants in the area. I stayed in the Conrad before and although it is as clean it was a little distant from the hub " Grafton Street"

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear KS,

Thank you for your great review following your recent visit to The Westbury and I am delighted that we are now your preferred hotel in Dublin.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the unique location of the Westbury Hotel within walking distance to Grafton Street and all the wonderful shops, restaurants and bars. It is indeed the ideal location for business and leisure.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon and thank you for your great review.

Kind regards,