“Very Nice Hotel!! Close to Everything!!!”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #6 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
“Very Nice Hotel!! Close to Everything!!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel was in an area that was close to everything!! Walk right out the front door and there was a very nice pub, and there were shops for souvenirs all over the place. The hotel is very clean and all of the staff were very professional!! The only problem that I had was because it was downtown, you could hear the people on the street late at night. Other than that I had no issues with this place. Like I said it was close to EVERYTHING!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael S
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Michael S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay at the Westbury Hotel.
It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am thrilled that you thought so highly of our service and our staff. The warmth of welcome and genuine attention from the moment our guests arrive to the movement we say goodbye forms the crux of our service delivery and service aspirations and it is wonderful to hear this was so well reflected in your experience.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the location and that you managed to get out and about and visit the many shops, bars, restaurants and theatres.

Thank you so much for choosing us, and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon again.

Vincent O’ Gorman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Kent, England
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This place is relaxed, luxurious and located in the middle of the city. Arrival at the front door is the beginning of the wonderful service which extends from the concierge through to the room servicing staff.
Nothing is too much trouble. Our room was a little small, but very well appointed. All the things you would expect plus a rather good Nespresso machine. Breakfast was great and again service was wonderful. Only complaint was the poached egg that was as solid as the toast. Still didn't stop me giving this an excellent rating though. Well done to everyone at the Westbury. Your team effort made our stay memorable.

Room Tip: Unless you require facilities for the less able bodied avoid room 345.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sennockred,

Thank you for writing about your Westbury experience, it was a pleasure to have you with us and I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry to read that there were aspects of your stay that did not reach your expectations. The layout and size of our bedrooms do vary from room to room and some of them may not work for all our guests. We do however have a variety of rooms and we will be happy to offer you an alternative room type when you next travel to Dublin. I am glad that you enjoyed the Nespresso machine and the service in general but I am sorry that you experienced some difficulties at breakfast. I will pass your comments on to Thomas our Executive Chef and please accept my apologies for failing to reach your expectations.

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again and thank your for the time it took to write your review.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a great location, its a good hotel for a city, it has very good food the only problem is the organization with the breakfast they have two restaurants and one costs and the other doesnt the best thing about this hotel i think is the location

• Stayed August 2013
Mr-Vincent-OGorman, General Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Renata D,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your stay in August.

The Team here at the Westbury endeavour to provide each of our guests with a wonderful stay and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the location was suitable to you for touring and visiting the many fine restaurants, bars and shops that are all within walking distance from the hotel.

We have two restaurants in the hotel, our fine dining restaurant is Wilde, and located on the ground floor we have a more informal dining room called Café Novo, both of these offer a different but wonderful breakfast experience.

I hope you will return to The Westbury and we look forward hopefully to seeing you again soon.

Vincent O'Gorman
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Shear class from the reception through the halls to the room. Definately reflected in the cost. Which is fair considering its right on the main shopping street. The staff are faultless. Greeted at the door by the concierge who parked the car and brought the luggage up to the room. The rooms are very elegant indeed with more than generous floor space in the suites. Air conditioning was more than adequate. Just set the temperature on the digital control and relax as the room stabilises to your requirements very quickly. I really cannot sing their praises highly enough. A truely quality establishment on all fronts. Even the room service breakfast was top notch

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Stephen L,

A pleasure to read your review, thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience at the Westbury.

I am thrilled that we managed to exceed your expectations from check in to check out. I am glad that you enjoyed the elegant suite and room service breakfast.

I will pass all your comments to our team for them to enjoy and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay so much from our rooms to our ideal location and our wonderful staff.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back to The Westbury again.

Vincent O'Gorman
Chattanooga
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Love Dublin our home away from home! The Westbury is luxury at its best yet gives off a very warm and fuzzy feeling as well! Perfect location in the heart of the city, fabulous staff so willing to help with anything and everything from an umbrella, directions, places to dine, and absolutely the best service within the hotel! We brought our three children and their spouses for their first Dublin experience and they were blown away and loved their Westbury experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear BT,

Thank you for your stunning review and we are so happy that we are your home away from home.

It was a pleasure to have you and your extended family to stay with us and we are delighted that we were able to assist with all the little extras that help to make for your stay all the more memorable. We are happy that we were able to give you that fuzzy feeling and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you all back again soon.

Vincent O’Gorman
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed September 26, 2013

we stayed in this hotel and from the moment we arrived to when we left everything was top class.when we checked in the lady informed us we had been upgraded to a suite which was a lovely touch.the room was fantastic ,it even ha a t.v. in the bathroom.Every night there was a choclate left on the bed and the bed turnedown.the breakfast was on of the best I've had with a wide range of food (something to please everyone)and I dare say nobody will ever go hungry here.The lounge in the evening is a lovely place to relax and have a coffee or a drink, it has a very calming feel about it .Overall a really great hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Megane17,

Thanking you for leaving us such nice positive review.

I am delighted to read our comment about our facilities and service. We always try to provide the best service ever and to maintain our high standards. I am glad that the extra little touches like the turn down service and chocolates helped to make you stay memorable. I am also delighted that our breakfast had the “wow” factor and that the lounge had a charming and relaxing feeling.

It was a great pleasure to have you stay here at The Westbury and we hope that you will return to stay again soon.

Regards,

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Westbury Hotel is a luxury hotel in Dublin. We enjoyed our stay. The service and the food were excellent. It is right in the heart of Dublin. The staff was very attentive to our needs. The only down side was the check in which was rather late in the afternoon. All in all, we liked the hotel and its staff.

Room Tip: If you have a wheelchair make sure there are no steps as there are some on some floors..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Elaine A

I am delighted to read you had such a great stay with us, thank you for reviewing your stay and telling others about your wonderful stay at the Westbury.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and I am so happy that we ticked all the right boxes, from our extremely comfortable rooms to our ideal location and our wonderful staff.
I hope we will now be your preferred choice whenever in Dublin.

Thank you for choosing us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best wishes