“An amazing Gem right in the heart of Dublin's best block, Grafton Street”
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here and from the moment we arrived, the experience was amazing! The atmosphere was warm and sophisticated, with a very luxurious feel. Our room was well appointed with an elegant 4 posted bed with a modern but classic decor. When it came to service, whether it was high tea (we thought was one of the best in Dublin) or just attending to every need, it was impeccable. As for the location, well let's just say perfect! Prior to booking we did have a concern about its location on Grafton Street, it's Dublin's busiest and most exclusive shopping district. However, it perfectly situated on a nook and never did we hear a thing. It really was an amazing and memorable experience.

1  Thank Randy C
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Randy C,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us while visiting Dublin with your wife recently and thank you for titling your most favourable review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor with what could only be described as an advertiser's dream - "An amazing Gem in the Heart of Dublin's best block."

Everyone here at the hotel is delighted to learn of your wonderful experience at our renowned hotel and that you particularly enjoyed your four-poster suite and the magnificent Afternoon Tea served on The Gallery.
I look forward to your returning and I hope that it will be soon.

Thank you again for recommending The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

My young daughter and I stayed for a few days in late November 2012-Loved the afternoon tea!! Great food at Wilde. FANTASTIC location. The staff is SO great- they take great care of the hotel guests! LOVE LOVE LOVE The Westbury!

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Teri S,

Thank you for your much appreciated custom and for writing such a favourable review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

It is truly delightful to note that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel while visiting Dublin last November with your daughter.
It must indeed be acknowledged that our Gallery for Afternoon Tea and our much lauded Wilde, The Restaurant are emblematic, iconic Dublin destinations in themselves, providing delicious food, exceptional surroundings and impeccable service-all under the same roof and within seconds of the hub of Grafton Street.
I look forward to your returning very soon.

Thank you again for recommending The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here to celebrate good news with my wife on valentines weekend. Lovely restful foom with excellent amenities. Beautiful bed. Great view. Location is incredible. Had an issue with the neighboring room having a loud TV the first night of a 3 night stay. Front desk sorted it out immediately. Got moved the next day to a different room. Manager was incredible. We just wanted peace and quiet but he wanted us to have a 5 star experience. We didn't have breakfast as part of our deal and so be bought us breakfast (fantastic), moved our room, gave us complementary chocolates and gifts and all discretely and without fuss.
The gym packs a lot into a small room.
Love this place.
Will definitely go back!

Room Tip: 5th floor is quiet!

Dear peterbrowne42,

Thank you for having chosen The Westbury Hotel as the place to celebrate your good news this Valentine's Day and thank you for taking the time to praise our hotel and our team on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to have been instrumental in insuring that you had a most enjoyable stay and that despite the initial hiccup with noise, the measures taken and the reaction time involved, inspired you to write such kind words regarding your time with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Thank you once again for recommending The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We are just home from an overnight stay at The Westbury. I booked this hotel as a surprise for my husbands 40th birthday so I wanted it to be really special. Before deciding on The Westbury I had looked at lots of hotels and spent a lot of time reading up on reviews etc. I finally picked The Westbury and I am so glad I did.

From the moment we pulled up at the front door to the moment we left, the staff and service they gave was second to none. I had booked a junior four poster suite and at check in we were upgraded to a king suite on the 6th floor. The room was absolutely gorgeous, it had its on sitting area with large television, the bedroom area again with a large tv facing the bed and then an area with a stunning clawfoot bath tub with its own tv, and finally the bathroom with double sink, rain shower and toilet. The room was spotless, modern and luxurious with the most comfortable bed! The only criticism I have of the room is that I could not find a plug beside a mirror to do my hair in the morning, small complaint as the rest of the experience was perfect.

We had breakfast as part of the room rate and if you are considering this hotel I recommend getting the breakfast. Again brilliant, polite staff that are very attentive, really yummy food and chilled out surroundings, just what you need first thing in the morning. We checked out at 12 and wanted to do some shopping in the city that afternoon so the hotel let you keep the car parked longer for no extra charge!

In summary this hotel was perfect! The location couldn't be better and everything else about it couldn't be better. We would definitely stay here again and would have no problem recommending it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you can book a suite as they are on the 6th floor which is quiet and has stunning views over the...

Dear Dongookle,

Thank you for having stayed with us on the special occasion of your husband's birthday and thank you for having taken the time to write such a favourable review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am most pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and that you loved the fabulously appointed suite to which you were upgraded.
The Westbury Hotel does indeed have many charms which ensure that our cherished customers return again and again and which I hope will be the case with yourself before long.

Thank you once again for favourably reviewing The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked this for a treat for a friend's birthday. Room wasn't ready, but we were early, they offered another room on a lower floor but we decided to wait for the room on the higher floor.

Room and beds very comfortable, excellent location, staff very welcoming and helpful. Would stay here again for a special treat as a bit pricey.

• Stayed: January 2013
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Love _Australia,

Thank you for your kind review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for having chosen to stay with us while visiting Dublin.

It is fantastic to note in your review that our hotel more than met your needs and that despite your early arrival our dedicated team did their utmost to ensure your comfort as quickly as possible.
As the hotel can often be full to capacity it is sometimes a good idea to consider reserving one's room from the night prior to arrival if immediate room access is a priority.
I do hope that it will not be long before your next visit and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you once more for your valuable custom and your lovely review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at The Westbury Hotel in Dublin. The 2nd time was just as good as the first. This is a 5 star hotel and the rating is well deserved. We payed the same price for this 5 star hotel as we paid for a 4 star in Paris. The rooms are large, beautifully furn ished and very very comfortable beautiful comfortable bed and lovely pillows. The Nespresso machine was fantastic.
The bathrooms are a very good size and the amenities (i.e. soap, shampoo, etc. ) are first class. There is a lovely lounge room where you can sit and have a morning or afternoon tea , lunch or just a sandwich if you wish.
This hotel is very convenient for walking around Dublin as it is right in the heart of the shopping precint of Grafton Street.
Would i stay there again - absolutley.

Room Tip: I booked 2 rooms and asked for upper floor which we got. The Upper floor also has the suites on that...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear pcon55,

Thank you for your much appreciated repeat custom and thank you for your most positive and encouraging review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that the many extras provided to guests of The Westbury Hotel's pleased you.
We are most proud of our wonderful property and take great care to ensure that everyone who comes through our doors is acknowledged with a warm smile and shown courtesy and efficiency.
I look forward to your returning soon.

Thank you for recommending The Westbury Hotel to other travellers on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed as a group of four and have stayed here a few times.
Service is second to none. I recently stayed in the Merrion and I much prefer the Westbury.
The location is unbeatable, right off Grafron Street. It is close to superb bar, restaurants and shopping. We had dinner in L'Gueleton and loved it.
The hotel is modern, fresh and has an lovely atmosphere. Room facilities are really good. .
Breakfast is probably my favourite part of the experience. We had a table at the window overlooking the street. Breakfast is served to your table and the service is excellent.
Next time I am in Dublin I will book here - no need to give it a second thought!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank travels616
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear travels616,

Thank you for your valuable continued custom and thank you for favourably reviewing The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Your delightful comments are greatly appreciated and truly reflect the impeccable service and luxurious surroundings at our hotel and of which we are most proud.
I am most pleased to read that you prefer The Westbury Hotel over all others in Dublin and that our unbeatable location right in the heart of things made your recent stay all the more enjoyable.
I should be delighted to have the pleasure of welcoming you back and look forward to your next stay with us.

Thank you most sincerely for your recommending The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.