“Comparison with my local London Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“Comparison with my local London Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just read the ratings ( mainly 2/3/4*) of my local Hilton at £210 per night which bear no comparison to our recent stay at the Westbury at £141 PPPN. The Westbury's location is great the, food is first class, excellent value, but most of all we were impressed by the Staff. Without exception they were friendly, helpful, competent, happy at their work and a pleasure to deal with.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear peter s,

Thank you for kindly reviewing The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for your greatly appreciated custom.

I am thrilled to read that you are most pleased with your recent stay and that our dedicated staff and luxurious surroundings surprised and delighted you as did our delicious food.
The Westbury Hotel takes great pride in surpassing our guests expectations and I certainly hope that this will entice you back in the not too distant future.
I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to our establishment soon.

Thank you once again for recommending The Westbury Hotel to other travellers on Tripadvisor.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

As always the Westbury never fails to deliver. I stayed here last weekend with friends and it really is such a gorgeous hotel from start to finish. The rooms are so comfortable, quiet and luxurious and I loved the extra touch of fashion magazines in the room for guests to browze while relaxing. On checkout, we were offered a bottle of water for our onward journey which I thought was a lovely touch. Central location, right in the heart of Dublin, elegant decor and wonderful staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Siobhan123
Dear Siobhan 123,

Thank you for your kind comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at The Westbury Hotel and thank you for your loyal custom.

It is delightful to note in your review that your expectations were met by our dedicated team and recently refurbished luxurious surroundings.
I am most pleased to read that the little extras we offer our guests during their time at The Westbury Hotel did not go unnoticed and will no doubt entice you back in the not too distant future.
I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Thank you for your kind review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and for your continued custom.

Bangor N.Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I already reviewed this hotel but it deserves another 5 star review from me for having great staff who really have a super attitude to their work. The management deserve a pat on the back for keeping a family atmosphere in a hotel that could so easily be without. It was my birthday week when we stayed and because the hotel found this out, they gave me a super birthday and made it feel very special.

I read something about problems with the food & wine below but I was presently surprised to find the food was not as described in that review. Excellently prepared and a very high standard. The chef knows how to serve a steak and presentation was sublime on all courses. The wine was good and well presented also. Starters were perfect and the atmosphere was royal and a very attentive service. We went for the 1 Night B&B and evening meal Deal on the hotels site and I have to say it was just well worth every penny. All the staff we came across during this stay were very accommodating and the hotel upgraded my room as a birthday gift. I will return at every opportunity to this great hotel. Cant wait to see the new bar when it is finished and might need to go again before Christmas for the super cocktails they serve there. Magic Magic Magic.

Only complaint on this trip was burnt toast on the smoked salmon breakfast, (I have to find something to balance this review. LOL) and the unfortunate noisy drinkers shouting in the street at 1am, but that's not really the hotels fault and the police moved them on after 20 mins, the rest of the night was quite:)

A very plush hotel with very happy, cheerful, unpretentious, competent staff. Thank-you Joseph, my hat is off to you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear truthabout,

Thank you for taking the time to favourably review The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for your loyal custom.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us once again and that you were impressed by the levels of comfort and service provided by our wonderful establishment.
Your comments are indeed most encouraging and everyone of our dedicated team are most grateful for your kind comments.
I am concerned that your breakfast experience was somewhat less than perfect and I would urge you to contact me at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com to discuss your findings in more detail.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you once again for recommending The Westbury Hotel to others on Tripadvisor.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Very nice hotel in a perfect location. It's a little fancy and also a bit pricey, but if you are a first time visitor to Dublin and are concerned about your location and safety- this is the place to be! The rooms are extremely spacious and the employees are very friendly and helpful. Walking distance to almost everything!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Grafton Street if there is one available.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear 1 needavacation,

Thank you for your kind review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for having chosen to stay with us during your recent visit.
It is indeed most encouraging to receive the full five points in your rating of our establishment and everyone here on the team is very appreciative.
I am delighted you had a most enjoyable stay with us in Dublin and I do hope that i shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Western Ireland, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Located just off Grafton Street, this hotel is an oasis of calm in the centre of Dublin. The best shopping in Dublin is only a short walk away and you can walk to all the sights from here aswell. This is a lovely hotel, really great staff who have been with the hotel for years and always go the extra mile for guests. The foyer is beautiful and a lovely place to people watch and enjoy a quiet coffee, drink or treat yourself to afternoon tea. Having stayed here several times, I feel the breakfast has been cut back a little of late and could be better for a 5 star hotel but I would still stay here again because of the location and general ambience.

Room Tip: A hotel on the 5th floor and the Clarendon street side of the hotel is normally quieter in my experi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear 658662 Museum,

Thank you for your most favourable review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and for your continued custom over the years.

It is delightful to read that you always enjoy staying with us and that our luxuriously appointed hotel and our dedicated team continue to make you feel most comfortable and welcome at all times.
I am thrilled to note that you make the most of the wonderful Gallery where one can watch the world go by or indulge in the delicious Afternoon Tea and other delecacies on offer.
Your comments with regard to the breakfast offering have been noted and I urge you to contact me directly at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com to discuss your experience in more detail.
I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Thank you once again for recommending The Westbury Hotel to others on Tripadvisor and thank you for your continued custom.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

High quality in almost everything. Best location in Dublin, nice tea area, wonderful breakfast, great service. The only issue was - we have stayed close to a room where the guest, at late night, was with the TV sound very loud ! We have complained and they solved the issue immediately.
However in the morning, at 7 am, the TV was again with the sound at high volume.
For a night that cost us almost 500 euros, the silence should be in the package.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Edmilson S,

Thank you for you kind review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for your feedback.
I am delighted that you consider our hotel to be one of the best in Dublin and that you had a pleasant stay. I am most concerned however that you were disturbed by noise during your recent stay and for that I am truly disappointed.
I would urge you to contact me directly at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com to discuss your experience in more detail.
I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Best regards,

Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went there for an afternoon tea with my friend. Most of the staff are very welcoming and friendly. The hotel is lovely. The location is very central! I love the area for afternoon tea. Most of the staff were very professional except one member of staff.

As I was walking over to my seat , the table beside ours were after paying for their bill. The waitress collected the bill and as she was tidying the table she shook her head and made a weird noise. I believed that the guests didn't tip and that she wasn't very pleased. I just think as a staff in a five star hotel they should really keep their service at a high standard.

Thankfully she wasn't the girl who was serving us. The waiter that was serving us was extremely friendly and helpful. He told us about the different sandwiches, wraps, desserts one by one to us. What's in it etc... very attention to detail.

Overall it was a pleasant afternoon tea experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear AC_Galway,

Thank you for positively reviewing your Afternoon Tea experience at The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for your custom.
It is a delight to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and that you were treated with great care and courtesy by our staff member who served you.
It is also pleasing to read that you enjoy taking tea on The Gallery from time to time.
I am concerned to note in your comments that you were far from pleased with the apparent demeanor of another member of our team who did not serve you.
I would very much like to hear your comments in more detail and I urge you to please contact me directly at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you again for your custom and your recommending The Westbury Hotel to others on Tripadvisor.

Best regards,