“Great hotel and location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westbury

The Westbury
Ranked #7 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
atlanta , georgia
“Great hotel and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had a great hotel stay in the heart of Centre City area. Room was very spacious and had all of the amenities that we found necessary. Ideal location in hit all of the tourist sites. Staff was very attentive. Free wifi and water at night. Clean rooms and comfortable beds.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear gwillen100,

Thank you for your most favourable review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor. Thank you also for having chosen to stay with us during your recent visit to Dublin.

I am thrilled to read that you truly enjoyed your time at our hotel and that you were impressed by the additional extras such as complimentary high speed wifi throughout as well as mineral water during evening turndown service.
Having undergone recent refurbishment The Westbury Hotel is not only a most desirable luxury destination but also a place where little extras such as the in-room Nespresso machine and the those already highlighted in your review make our guests feel spoiled and pampered.
I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and your much-appreciated custom.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

My spouse and I stayed at the Westbury on two occasions in late August as part of our attending a conference at Trinity College.

We arrived later in the morning after a flight from Canada for a single night stay, and while check-in was later in the afternoon, a room was made available to us within an hour which we very much appreciated.

We returned to the Westbury following a five-day geology field trip to Co. Clare and were looking forward to spending another five days in Dublin at the conference and enjoying the city. We arrived in a not too pristine condition and were surprised to immediately be greeted by the hotel manager, Edward Stephenson. He warmly welcomed us to the Westbury, and he and his staff personally attended to our needs and check-in. Upon entering our room, we were delighted to discover an ice bucket of cold beer and associated nuts and crips awaiting us - just what we needed. This is an outstanding example of perfect attention to the Westbury’s guests’ needs – anticipated or otherwise.

We found all members of Mr. Stephenson’s team most helpful and professional. Our room was well appointed and quiet, and dining at the Wilde restaurant most enjoyable – excellent meals. And of course, the hotel’s location is ideal for exploring Dublin, and, shopping.

We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Dublin, and our stay at the Westbury was the icing on the cake. We give it our highest recommendation.

Room Tip: We liked the western view of the city from our fifth floor room, as at this time of year there was a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Experten,

On behalf of Mr. Edward Stephenson General Manager and the entire team, thank you for having taken the time to review The Westbury Hotel so favourably on Tripadvisor and thank you for having chosen to stay with us on both legs of your recent visit to Ireland.

Your comments regarding the excellent service and attention you received throughout your stay are greatly appreciated by everyone here and are most encouraging indeed.
It is delightful to read that you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that our establishment far exceeded your expectations.
I do hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you for recommending The Westbury Hotel to others on Tripadvisor.

Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

After arriving into Dublin from the US, we were easily able to check in at 9 AM and head straight to our room. The room was spacious and clean. The room had all the amenties I could want and we enjoyed the great location off of Grafton Street. Our only downfall was the our bill for breakfast was not clear. We had order ala carte, but were charged for the buffet which resulted in us paying a little extra. We had no time to deal with the bill due to getting to our next location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear apriltravels008,

Thank you for having taken the time to positively review The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for having chosen to stay in our establishment.

I am delighted to read in your review that you had a wonderful stay and that on this occasion we were able to make your room available so far ahead of our recommended check in time of 3 pm.
With regard to anticipated early arrivals it is highly advisable to check with the hotel in advance of your journey so that arrangements may be made to facilitate you as best we can.
In your review I am concerned to read that you were not clear about our breakfast pricing structure and I would like to highlight that we do have express and advance check out facilities at The Westbury Hotel for those of our guests who may be under time constraints on the morning or indeed the night before departure.
I would urge you to contact me directly at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com if you would like to discuss any aspect of your experience in more detail.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Kyoto, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I went to the Gallery for tea & scones at the beginning of my Ireland trip and then again at the end of my Ireland trip and enjoyed my time there on both occasions. It's actually a bit of an oasis away from the throngs of people on that overcrowded shopping street right around the corner. I was told to try a couple of cafes nearby but they were mobbed with sandal wearing, backpack toting types so I continued to search for somewhere tasteful rather than settle for the chain-like cafes catering to the masses. That whole street was a bit of a nightmare for finding anything with a sense of class and then I saw the Westbury, went upstairs and immediately felt at ease.

The atmosphere in the Gallery was very relaxing and elegant. There was a piano player on the first day when I was there so I believe it was a weekend because I was there on a Thursday at the end of my trip and there was no one playing piano then.

The servers on both days were very friendly and attentive. I didn't have to wait very long for anything. The seats by the windows seem to be popular but I liked the sofas away from the windows as they were much more comfortable than the single sofa-chair I had the first time.

The scones were delicious and I was relieved that they had clotted cream as I had had a hard time finding it in other cities during my trip. The little jam jars weren't that great because it seemed a bit like a family restaurant or an airplane when they were served that way. I'd rather not open containers when I am in a five-star hotel. And I only liked one flavor out of the three served to me so I had to stretch it out a bit. (Minor details)

The tea was delicious both times and thankfully loose leaf as opposed to another five-star hotel where I had ordered the full Afternoon Tea on another day. I had more than enough tea to drink during my lengthy and peaceful afternoon break from the noise and crowds just a short distance away.

Spending time in The Gallery for Afternoon Tea or drinks would be an excellent idea for people who are seeking somewhere a bit more refined.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank kobekeith
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear kobekeith,

Thank you most sincerely for your delightful review of both of your tea experiences on The Gallery at The Westbury Hotel. Thank you also for having decided to use our hotel as your island of tranquility amidst the hustle and bustle of vibrant downtown Dublin.

Having been recently refurbished to the very highest of standards, The Gallery continues to be one of Dublin's most favoured and most luxurious meeting points where the delicious locally-sourced produce is complimented by our warm and friendly team who ensure impeccable service at all times as you experienced on both occasions of your recent visits.
Our carefully selected blends of fine teas are second to none and it has to be conceded are served with panache and sophistication by our wonderful staff.

Thank you once more for recommending The Gallery at The Westbury Hotel to others on Tripadvisor.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel. My room was fabulous, spacious and clean. The staff could not be friendlier or more helpful. The lobby is large and quite nice. I really enjoyed the buffet at breakfast. The location is excellent also, just off of Grafton St. There is a very friendly pub a half block from the hotel entrance that I would also recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bill N
Dear Bill N,

Thank you for positively reviewing The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and for having selected our establishment as your base while in Dublin.

Your comments are greatly appreciated by the entire team here at The Westbury Hotel and certainly encourage each one of us in the pursuit of delivering excellence to our cherished customers.
I am delighted that our hotel far exceeded your expectations and I do look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.

Thank you once more for recommending The Westbury Hotel to other travellers on Tripadvisor.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was my second stay at the Westbury Hotel. This time we brought our children and grandchildren, and it was a perfect stay. Every request that I had was honored. Our four rooms were located on the same floor, and next to each other. The baby crib was already waiting in one room, and one rollaway bed was already in a connecting parent - child room. Breakfast was outstanding in a lovely setting with delicious items for every taste. We were greeted warmly by the reception staff, and the rooms were clean and tastefully decorated. There is not enough that I can say about the location - you are near EVERYTHING!!!!! I heartily recommend this hotel. I would absolutely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lucille M
Dear LuciArlingtonHeights,

Thank you for having chosen our establishment as your family's base while visiting Central Dublin once again and thank you for your most kind review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

It is wonderful to read that you and your family were well taken care of by our exceptionally caring and dedicated team. I am particularly delighted to note from your review that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay due to the convenience of the hotel's central location, the attentiveness of our staff, the delicious breakfast offering and the absolute comfort of the hotel's luxuriously appointed interiors.
I do hope that you and your family will return to stay with us in the not too distant future.

Thank you once again for recommending The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Pittsburgh, PS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We booked online, and the hotel waited until just a couple of days before our stay to confirm the stay...at that point, we were already in Ireland and not sorry to say that we were NOT using our cellphones. We attempt to check in, only to find out that out reservations had been cancelled because they couldn't reach us...I made a big scene, and luckily the concierge, JD, handled me very well to where I no longer wanted to commit murder...we were sent to the Shelbourne for the night, and then back to the Westbury for the rest of our stay. The Westbury far exceeds the Shelbourne in elegance, comfort, and level of service (despite the initial snafu). Our room was one of the top rooms we've stayed at in the world. And, there's no cooler reception, sitting area than at the Westbury. It's both trendy and elegant.Not to mention that you are in a vibrant area of the city, walking distance to a number of attractions.
Oh, and Westbury management? JD is a real gem and should be promoted immediately.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pittsurghpair
Dear pittsurghpair,

Thank you so very much for your delightful review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor and thank you for having chosen our hotel as your base while in Dublin.

I am delighted to note that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and there is no other person more thrilled with your comments than JD who you so kindly commended and who ensured that you recieved the impeccable service synonymous with The Westbury Hotel.
I do hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel in the near future.

Thank you for recommending The Westbury Hotel to other travellers on Tripadvisor.

Guest Relations manager