The Westbury
$377
$263
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$140
$168
$161
Cancelon
4,269 results
All reviewsgrafton streetwilde restaurantturn down servicenespresso machinebeautiful hotelfive star hotelperfect locationlounge areatrinity collegethe heart of the citywould highly recommend this hotelvisiting dublintemple barconciergeluxuryirelanddoorman
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I was slightly worried when I was told my usual hotel in Dublin was fully booked. This hotel was recommended to me but I was fearing the worst, given it is situated virtually in Grafton Street, not exactly a quiet part of the city.

Upon arrival I was not expecting what must be one of the best finds ever. Ths hotel is very well appointed, and the very attentive doormen quickly took care of my luggage. They put my golf clubs in storage and then helped me with the bags.

Check-in was fast and frontdesk staff helpful and cheerful. The room was quite spacious and also I requested a very quiet room, fearing the possible decibels coming from Grafton Street. It faced towards the LIffey River although you couldn't see the river whatsoever - too many rooftops et al. The room was very well apppointed, I would say faultless, except for one thing. The bathroom was tiny, about 2.50metres by 1.60metres, but it served it's purpose admirably.

That evening I went down for a bite to eat and was quite taken aback by the huge size of the foyer/lobby area where you can have a bite ot eat, pint of beer, high tea etc. There is a separate cocktail bar area which is probably more suited for late evening drinks. I was more interested in grabbing a bite to eat and a beer while reading the newspaper. Very pleasent ambiance, the staff were attentive and courteous plus the club sandwich which was brought to me was excellent! In fact I was quite reassured by the fact there were some families from the "upper echelons" of Dublin having high tea, so that put my mind to rest.

Also went for a walk later and in reality the hotel is some 75 metres from Grafton Street, just suffcient to keep the decibels away, although there is a very "lively looking" pub almost in front of the hotel.

Next day went out early, was picked up by some colleagues for a game of golf. They waited for me int he foyer area and commented later that they were quite impressed by the place.

The doorman was extremely helpful retrieving my golf bag and even gave me a couple of tips on how to play the course where I was due to play - the guy was a handicap 4 golfer!!

That afternoon got back to the hotel and had been so impressed by the experience the evening before that I had no doubt in repeating my "lite" dining experience. And again it was excellent. What is very appreciated is the tranquility in the foyer/bar area.

As for my breakfast the next day, you have an "inclusive" breakfast which is down in the Italian cafeteria. It's a continental breakfast experience - tea/coffee/juices/water and some croissants/toast/bread with butter/jam and that is it. Very "low cost" in my opinion, this was probably the only bad point. However this is the inclusive breakfast i.e. free, or rather it's included in the price which is a point I shall come to later. If you wish you can the "full blowout" breakfast in the restaurant upstairs.

However, on the upside, the price was very attractive, just Eur 170 for a double in central Dublin - excellent value for money!

I would never have thought that a hotel in the city centre of Dublin, literally just off Grafton Street, could be this good. I was amazed and would not hesitate in recommending this hotel. It was a very pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
WehManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Bertie007,

It is truly delightful to read your most positive and detailed review of The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor. Thank you for having taken the time and effort to highlight your pleasant surprise with our establishment and for mentioning your reassured satisfaction with our dedicated team, our luxuriously appointed interiors and our gracious clientele.
I would encourage you to avail of our delicious breakfast options on any future visits and rates are also available which include full breakfast if you so choose.
I am concerned that you found the bathroom rather small and I urge you to contact me directly at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com if you would like to discuss the matter.
I would also be delighted to assist you with any other requirements you might have pending your next visit.
Thank you once again for your most appreciated review of The Westbury Hotel and your much-valued custom.
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I are just back from a 2 night stay and the whole experience was wonderful. The hotel is everything you would expect and more. The rooms are well equipped with everything you need, including a lovely turn down service in the evening. The staff where all fantastic, especially Joseph and Jacob who always addressed us by name! What a lovely touch. The afternoon tea was amazing and Jacob even reserved a lovely window table for us. Thank you for a truly wonderful weekend

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Yvonne T,

It is truly delightful for The Westbury Hotel to have received such dazzling praise from you on Tripadvisor. It is also most encouraging for all of us concerned and is greatly appreciated. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom and your lovely comments.
I do hope that we shall soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury Hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed 4 nights at the Westbury during a congress. I especially appreciated the friendly and professional staff. The rooms were up to the standing of this hotel.
Only negative remark is the breakfast which Only starts at 7am, so I needed to hurry, especially if I would indulge myself into the breakfast menu.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pipenol

Dear Pipenol,

Thank you for having taken the time to positively review The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor. It is extremely encouraging to read your comments about our delightful professional team and our wonderfully appointed luxurious interiors.
I am sorry to read that you had time constraints on the morning of your departure and that you were not able to fully enjoy the delicious breakfast served each morning from 7am in our restaurant.
I would be delighted to hear from you to discuss your experience in more detail and urge you to contact me at joseph_downing@doylecollection.com
Thank you once again for your attention.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I recently booked afternoon tea at the westbury on the 5th june 2012 for my mothers birthday,I can,t praise the staff enough ,the whole experience was excellent.Nothing was too much trouble for the staff,the food was beautiful,the scones were even warm and they were so attentive to our needs .The tea pots were regularly filled up.My two boys aged 10 and 13 also loved the experience and the staff were so helpful in recommending we only order one childs afternoon tea as they would have plenty.How right they were!!!If you want to really treat yourself or a loved one i would without hesitation recommed Afternoon Tea at the Westbury,cant wait to go again,only one problem i live in England!!! i will without hesitation recommend the whole experience to family and friends.
Enjoy!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Trudyfenner

Dear Trudyfenner,

Thank you for reviewing The Westbury Hotel's legendary Afternoon Tea on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you and your loved ones thoroughly enjoyed the experience on The Gallery where the daily ritual of Afternoon Tea has become a Dublin institution in itself.
The impeccable standards, friendly service and delicious food are indeed a credit to our dedicated team and their endeavors to deliver a truly memorable luxury experience to our cherished customers.
I certainly hope that we shall soon have the privilege of welcoming you and your family back to The Westbury Hotel in the near future.
Thank you once again for your comments and custom.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed at the Westbury for five nights, and it was a great experience. The hotel was very nice, clean, modern, a beautiful place. Beds were very comfortable. The staff was so friendly and helpful, went above and beyond. The location is perfect. I will definitely stay at the Westbury when I return to Dublin.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SheilaDale
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Dear SheilaDale,

Thank you for your much-valued custom and also for the lovely review you posted about The Westbury Hotel on Tripadvisor.
It is truly a pleasure to read that during your recent five night stay you had a thoroughly enjoyable time and everyone here takes great pride in your commendation of our wonderful hotel and our dedicated team.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westbury hotel in the not too distant future.
Thank you once again for your custom and your kind feedback.

Yours sincerely,