“The Gresham Dublin”

Ranked #56 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin
“The Gresham Dublin”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

A perfect location right in the centre of Dublin. The room was spacious and comfortable, the food was superb, the staff were pleasant and helpful, Toddys bar was a large modern bar that was also intimate. We will definitely be returning to the Gresham and would heartily recommend it to anyone travelling to Dublin.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Grant P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (835)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Wonderful hotel, very conveniently located, excellent staff, smoothly and professionally run. This is a gem in the heart of Dublin. And they have even improved the internet connection, which, to top it all, is free.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank B K
cork
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Having read some of the reviews here I am wondering did I stay at a different hotel, I made a point of trying to get the names of those who looked after us as they really did well.
this is my second visit and I have to say from the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty, we had a little more time on this occassion so we made the most of the amenities on site, breakfast was very good better than last time and the waitress looking after us Jodie or Joanne? was very helpful and gave us lots of ideas about the various Xmas activities on in the city,
We returned later that evening and ate in Toddies Bar the fish and chips is substantial delicious, the staff were very warm and welcoming especially Angel, the Xmas decorations are simply stunning.
We had difficulty with hubbys phone not charging and a blonde lady manager didn't get her name helped us to contact Vodaphone and even checked with us later to make sure we were ok.
Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean, albeit noisy but we wanted to overlook the main street so expected as much,
All in all we had a lovely time and have booked to return in the new year, might also give the Gresham in Cork a shot if this place is anything to go by.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Second stay at the Gresham this year. Excellent location in the heart of O'Connell St., but can't help thinking it is beginning to rely on its reputation. Room was clean and adequate but my TV did not work. I reported this just after arrival but nothing was done. As it happened I didn't need it as I was out most of the time, but it should have been attended to. Breakfast was adequate - typical 3star type buffet and not freshly cooked to order, which one would expect from a hotel like this. Left a comment card but have heard nothing. Worst of all the Gent's loo on the ground floor, by mid afternoon on the Friday was, to say the least, not in a good state. Plenty of competition and competitive rates in the centre of Dublin and I shall, reluctantly, look elsewhere next time. Shame because the Gresham is a bit of an icon and great location for shopping. Also the airport bus stops outside. Let's hope they can improve because I'd like to go back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank L J
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Had a great stay. Very relaxing. Great location. Food out of this world on all three courses and great value. Hotel great value for money and car parking for 15euro from check in til we departed excellent value. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed December 2013
Lippstadt, Germany
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed four nights in The Gresham in December. was a great location with helpful and very friendly staff.
The food from the Bar was lovely and the Afternoon Tea really really great. Special thanks to John the waiter he was so kind to us.
Breakfast very good.
The only negative thing was that our room was very warm, was no chance for a good sleep.

We`re sure we come again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I would like to premise this by saying that the Reception Staff on check-in were lovely and the Hotel itself magnificent.

Last week I stayed in the Gresham for one night with my boyfriend who happens to be black. As I queued to check into our room my boyfriend was going to just have a look at the Christmas decorations in the foyer when a porter came from around the reception desk to block his entrance, at this point it was not obvious we were together. He stared at my boyfriend for a while before aggressively asking: "Can I help you?" as if he were some kind of criminal about to try and rob something. I then called my boyfriend over to stand with me so the hotel staff could see we were together, it was a very uncomfortable situation.

Once the staff could see we were together they were more polite but began to keep watch of me also, I felt I was being looked at, judged and felt like I was unwanted. It was so horrible I can't even begin to explain, my boyfriend being South African and sensitive to race issues it just put a huge dampener on our stay which should have been so romantic.

Subsequently I left behind some very expensive cosmetics and when I phoned; housekeeping said they had my belongings, and would leave them at reception for me to collect. But when I went there today to pick them up, they were nowhere to be found.

I am utterly disgusted.

Room Tip: Must request a quiet room as soom rooms overlook O'Connell Street and can be incredibly loud.