Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin
$204
$195
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$144
Hotels.com
4,683 results
All reviewslavery wingo'connell streettoddy's bartaxi ranklovely hotelcentral locationtemple barairport busstandard roomlovely roomfollowing morningtwin roomtrinity collegeeveshamfoyerirelandeuro
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My self and a few friends stayed in the Gresham Hotel for two nights in June. the sevice and staff where just wonderful. the hotel is very well located in the heart of Dublin, so easy to reach any part of the city in a matter of minutes. Am visiting Dublin a few times in the coming monthes and will stay once again in the Gresham.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel and found it very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had been looking forward to staying at The Gresham when I realised I would be in Dublin for 7 nights on business. After the first few days, I realised I had made a big mistake. To sum it up

Was checked in to a really noisy room next to a lift shaft when it was clear I was there for 7 nights on business. When I asked to move, they told me to pack my case and leave it as they would move me during the day – They didn’t. I had to ask again and move myself.
Never once did I get the room service phone to answer. I ended up going to Burger King in frustration one night.
I was woken at 3am one morning by revellers returning to their room and continually popping into each other’s rooms till 5am.
Smell of cigarette smoke in the corridors
Room key card failed and was told it was my own fault for leaving it next to my phone or credit cards when I hadn’t been told not to.
Not at all welcoming in the bar or restaurant – I had to ask to be seated in Toddys when it was empty and the waitresses were too busy chatting at the bar.
But by far the worst experience was the blatant prejudice I witnessed in Toddy’s one evening when 2 eastern european young women came in for food. They wanted to sit in the window but were told the tables were reserved. They asked to sit along the back wall, but they too were reserved even though no reservations were on them. Finally they decided to leave. Not 2 minutes passed and a couple walked in, asking if they could have a table for two and were told that was fine and to sit anywhere they wanted. I was disgusted.
I was a single woman in her forties travelling alone on business and I stay in hotels all the time. I do expect a certain level of service and The Gresham failed in every way. I will be returning to Dublin regularly now but my search for a good hotel will continue. Over €1000 later and this hotel has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Room Tip: I ended up in room 283 in the Lavery wing which was far better than my first room of 300 over looking O'Connell Street and next to the lift shaft. The downside to this was the noise from the refuse trucks outside and inconsiderate guests during the night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank TASmart1
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Gresham has received some mixed reviews lately. Apparently some rooms are more wore down than others. I can imagine that it takes time, money and effort to keep this old building in downtown Dublin from deteriorating. It was therefore with some scepticism I checked into the Gresham a few days ago. But the scepticism evaporated soon after: The lobby still retains some of its old day’s elegance. The restaurant has an atmosphere of quite style. And my room is spacious and clean. There are more than enough space to work and relax – essential for someone who needs to prepare for business or a conference (like me).

Room Tip: The view from the rooms at the back of the hotel is pretty grim. But probably more quiet than on the other side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

rooms are nice, but those responsible for renovation of hotel did not think about purpose of this place.... (people want to sleep inside !!) but only about look.

Spend there 2 night, could not sleep at all. Maybe 2 hours each night, between 3-5am, rest of the night, forget about sleeping.

Noise from corridor, noise from other people walking there, opening closing doors, extreme noise from bathrooms next rooms. Posh place for those who dont know what to do with money, for those who want really sleep and rest, avoid !

Room Tip: If you want also some sleep in the night.....avoid !
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank eva e
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This review is for afternoon tea only. This was my third outing to the Gresham for afternoon tea. My previous experiences always great. So I'd thought i would treat my mother. So I rang Saturday morning to book a table by the window. Got through to a man on reception who said ill transfer you to the lounge. On hold for 5 minutes then to be told no one answering he took my number and said will get someone to call me back. 45 mins later no call back rang again. And was told he forget to pass message on. No apology given. Any booked a table but no window seats left. Not a major problem. Got there ordered afternoon tea for two waited half hour for the tea and a further 15 minutes for the food. Surely the tea should be served with the food. I found the sandwiched poorly made and the bread dry. The cakes were also dry and slightly stale scones lovely but small and only one each. Chocalote cake delish but shrank since last visit. And not only that but the price has increased to 21 euro each. For what we got it was very poor value. It's a Shame this used to be the best place in dublin for afternoon tea. It's all gone down hill and such a let down now

• Stayed: June 2013