“Perfect Location”

Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin
Ranked #56 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Gresham was one of the most luxurious hotels I've ever stayed. I'll be totally honest in that I was a little intimidated when I stepped into the lobby because it was so impressive. I was concerned the staff would be snooty or look down on me, as I was exhausted from my overseas flight and quite ragged when I first arrived.

I am pleased to say that this was not the case at all. The staff was quick to accomodate and happy to make me as comfortable as possible. The rooms were absolutely beautiful, even equipped with an American outlet so I could recharge my phone while I slept and recharged myself as well.

The location of the Gresham is so convenient to anything you'd want to do in Dublin. Nearly all the great attractions are within a few blocks walking distance, or if it's too cold, rainy (or snowy like when we were there) cabs are abundant right outside the door of the hotel.

I'm hoping to get to spend some time in Dublin again in the near future and I'll definitely want to spend time at the Gresham again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank calencoriel
Write a ReviewReviews (4,495)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hi! Myself and my boyfriend stayed in Gresham in February. Lots of our friends were saying this hotel is very stylish. And they were right, I think it was one of the best looking hotels I've ever been to. Atmosphere was amazing, high quality costumer service, very clean room and absolutely comfortable beds, such a good sleep :) Location?-Just couldn't be better! in the heart of Dublin city. Delicious breakfast. We had an option with late check out -around 2pm but still we could leave our luggage in the hotel and stay bit longer in town. Beside the entrance to the hotel is a pub with the smoothest and blackest pints of Guinness, pop in! Absolutely loved this place and looking forward to coming back in nearest future!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I have just spent Easter weekend at The Gresham. On arriving the staff were very friendly and helpful, and there was a relaxed atmosphere. We stayed for 3 nights, and found this to be a great central base, with loads of taxi's and bus stops nearby. There is a tour bus stop about 20 yards from the front of the hotel. All of the resturant and bar staff were friendly and made conversation. Food was delicious and reasonably priced for hotel. We had the best 3 nights sleep in ages.The rooms were to a very high standard, and very clean. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Dublin!

2  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed in the Gresham for 1 night Easter saturday night and had a a lovely room and all was great, friendly staff,breakfast top class and they let us stay unil 1pm as i asked about a late checkout f.o.c.
The noise was a bit much as we hada great view looking over O'Connell street but lots of noise from traffic. All went quiet at 8am Sunday morning as they closed the street and i was just falling asleep when the band started up to practice for the 1916 commemoration ceremony which we watched hanging out of our window. This was a rare treat to watch and the president and lots of folk was there.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a good view
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at the Gresham for four days over St. Patricks Day weekend. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was very nice. It was surprisingly large and well appointed, and had a modern look. The restaurant and bar in the lobby was also nice, with friendly, attentive staff and reasonable prices. The location, however, is by far the best feature of the hotel. It is on O'Connell, which is the main drag through Dublin city center, and the hotel is within walking distance of nearly everything you could want to see or do in Dublin. We had a spectacular stay, and can't recommend the Gresham Hotel enough.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Check in was great, all staff so pleasant and chirpy with a "hello and how are you" each time, room was small but really quiet and clean. 5thfloor so tucked away high up and far from noise! Restaurant food was great. Bar was nice. It's still got that old world charm and good service which is so lacking In more "modern" stuck up hotels. I'd stay again most definitely.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The room was very clean and quiet as I got a room at the back of the hotel. Tea and coffee facilities available and tv with selection of channels. The bed was very comfortable. I ate in the restaurant twice and both times it was very good, with friendly service. I had breakfast in the lobby with coffee and a delicious scone served with butter and jam. I would recommend this hotel as it is close to many tourist sights and the airport bus stops outside the door.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo