“Very Average Hotel but good Location”

Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin
Ranked #56 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Crossmaglen
“Very Average Hotel but good Location”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The rooms are very plain and even in the more expensive rooms in Lavery area would be the same in a normal good hotel elsewhere. I was given card keys to a room I was told had twin beds. Not only was it a double room but people where already staying there and we had walked in. Breakfast was cold and the night security guys were very rude and need to course in how to treat their customers correctly. I can say that my guests were shocked at the attitude of the night security staff We asked to use a photocopier but none was available. I had paid for 3 rooms 810 euro and had plans to run a seminar here in the future. Not now.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CrossmaglenDiddler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (835)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here on a very wet ,windy night. The public rooms were very ornate but cosy.Our room was small and very ordinary. 340.I am happy with the Laterooms price considering the location but I would not have been happy if I had to pay the full room rate. Breakfast was ok.The waiting staff in the Writers Lounge were very efficent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed for two nignts in the Gresham.
The room was nice and warm, the staff were helpful and the location of this hotel cannot be surpassed. We dined in the Writers Restaurant and aslo Toddy's. The food was very good.
The breakfasts in the Gallery were great, especially the FRESHLY SQUEEZED ORANGE JUICE. (Other hotels should note this)
I would recommend the Gresham to anyone staying in central Dublin.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel is well located on O'Connell street. Brilliant for me as i was on my own as it meant that i was central enough and the buses dropped me right outside the hotel.
The lounge areas are beautifully decorated and make this hotel feel very grand. The room i was staying in was in need of some TLC but on the whole was well decorated and clean and presentable it just needed a few tweaks to make it prefect but nothing that detracted from the room. It was quiet and very comfy. The beds are extreamly comfy and I slept well both nights.
The one side of the hotel that i do think needs a bit of work is the food service. I waited in the lounge twice for over 20 minutes waiting to be served and when i asked if it was lounge service or if i had to go to the bar the waiter said he wasnt sure. I found it a little awkward as i was on my own as it meant leaving my table to go and order and not being sure if my table would still be there when i got back!!
Breakfast was ok and the food was general ok and well priced.
I will definitely be boking again for the hotel and will look forward to returning. If you go make sure that you have a Raspberry bellini

Room Tip: I ended up with a deluxe room which was lovely although didnt have the best view but then i wasnt th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the Gresham Hotel with my boyfriend for my birthday and enjoyed an excellent overnight stay. The staff were friendly and very helpful. I enjoyed a delightful afternoon tea in the Writer's Lounge seated at the window looking over O'Connel street. We were served by a lovely woman named Deborah who was very polite and friendly. The decor of the foyer and lounge was beautiful and our bedroom was spacious with a comfortable bed and a view of O'Connel street. Unfortunately having a front of hotel room meant it was rather noisy at night and I did not sleep well in the early hours of the morning. I have stayed here previously with my mother and we had a twin bedroom (unfortunately a rather small room) at the back of the hotel and we both slept well that night. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Gresham and will happily return again the next time I stay in Dublin.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My mother who is nearly 90 yrs of age stayed with her partner and had nothing but nice things to say about her stay at the Gresham. Good food accommodation was lovely and the staff were very helpful. She has stayed before and enjoys the central location for getting round the city. Th hotel car park is very convenient.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel on 30th of January the staff at booking in were very helpful and arranged a qiuet room for us .The room was very modern and comfortable Breakfast was great very good selection staff very friendly. Bar was lovely and quiet but restful will return in the future .hotel is in a great location for visiting the attractions which are nearby

Room Tip: the reception staff advised on where we would have a quiet room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple