“Lovely stay”

Ranked #14 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Mustihaveone
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed here in Nov 2013 with my wife, who had business at the RCS, which is right next door and therefore for us, it was a great location. The check-in was smooth, even though we came in at 1 am; the room was facing the inner-courtyard, presumably because we had asked for a quiet room. I don't know how old the property is, but the room was really well done inside - contemporary, smart. We did not dine at the hotel at all, but they were just generally super nice, even bringing up free steamed milk for my wife, who brings her own coffee everywhere.

It is walkable to Temple Bar, Trinity College etc but at the same time away from all those. The park across the street was very nice, and probably will be nicer in the spring. The mall at the corner of the street (as you turn left from the main hotel entrance) had a comprehensive supermarket, if you need anything.

The only shortcoming -and this is a nit, which is why I'd still give this hotel 5 stars - was the shower. It was very difficult to control the temperature, and the shower head pointed vertically downward but had such a large radius of spray that some of it would bounce off the wall and dribble down the side of the tub, eventually making the bathroom constantly wet.

That aside, loved the place and would stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for an inner room facing the courtyard, which is really rather nice and proba...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Mustihaveone,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased you enjoyed the central location of the hotel; it certainly makes exploring all that the city has to offer exceptionally easy. You're quite correct - St. Stephen's Green is looking particularly well with all the spring flowers.

I am really pleased you enjoyed a smooth check-in. I am sorry that you found the shower temperature difficult to control and I have forwarded your feedback to the maintenance team for review.

Mustihaveone, I look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam when your travels next bring you to Dublin.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Turkish first
County Cork, Ireland
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We were looking forward to this trip for ages and there is no doubt that it is in a great location.

But room 513 is very small for a premium price and our small window looks out to a concrete wall, we have to stretch to see the courtyard downstairs and there is a questionable stain in the toilet.

We have spent most of the night awake because we are in the same corridor as a hen party and finally the room seems to be next to the main water pipes as that kicked in at 6:30am as people started having showers.

4 Thank Scottish19
Dear Scottish 19,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the room allocated to you and that it did not live up to your expectations. I note that the room you refer to is one of our entry level rooms. We have several room types available, which vary in size and position (overlooking St. Stephen's Green or our courtyard garden).

It is not clear from your feedback, whether or not you alerted a member of the team to the noise disturbance you experienced, as they would have immediately addressed and resolved the matter.

Scottish 19, I truly regret your poor experience and should you wish to discuss the matter in more detail, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Scotland
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night on the 27th March and it was well worth the added expense. Great staff, beautiful rooms and immaculately kept. The hotel is very central, around 100 metres from the top of Grafton Street. We are looking forward to our next stay.

Dear Colind66,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased you enjoyed the central location of the hotel; it certainly makes exploring all that the city has to offer exceptionally easy, particularly shopping!

I am delighted you found the team great and the rooms immaculately maintained; I have passed your kind comments on to the team as such feedback makes everyone's day.

Colind66, we look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for there nights in March and loved it! It's a beautiful hotel with very clean rooms, friendly staff and close proximity to city center. I would definitely recommend for anyone going to Dublin whether on business or for pleasure.

Dear Ges_10,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

I am pleased to read you found the team friendly and I have passed your kind comments on to the team.

Ges_10, we look forward to the opportunity to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Location is quite good near the park and the walking street. Nightlife center Temple Bar is also in walking distance - quiet and non-noisy surroundings. The level may not be anymore 5 Starlevel - but anyway quite ok. Breakfast was faraway from 5 Star breakfast and water was tapping in the rooms toiletroom.Doormen / barmen very polite.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Helsinkirules,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

I note that breakfast did not meet you expectations and that there was an issue with the tap in your room. Please accepted my apologies for these matters and should you wish to discuss the matter in more detail, please contact me directly at the hotel.

I am pleased to read you found the doormen and barmen very polite; I have passed your kind comments on to the team.

Helsinkirules, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.

Toronto, Ont.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great location, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Would stay again, will have to check out the restaurant the next time. the lobby bar restaurant doesn't have a ton of appeal, but late night food service and drinks made up for all that! Would recommend this hotel or stay in their other locations

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear OnGoing,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and the comfort of your room.

We serve food in our bar until 10.30pm seven days a week and I am delighted that you enjoyed your late night food and drink service.

I am delighted that you found the team friendly; I have passed your kind comments on to the team.

OnGoing, we look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.

London, united Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We had a lovely stay in this very beautiful hotel. The location couldn't have been better, right in the thick of it. We had a superior room overlooking the park. As mentioned on here before, a bit noisy but only when the windows are open. And even the noise from the street wasn't too disturbing. The room is very nicely decorated and the bed of excellent quality.

Staff at the reception desk were welcoming and very accommodating. Breakfast was perhaps one of the best meals we had during the entire stay and especially the filter coffee: truly delicious.

If there is one reason to go back to Dublin, it is the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaukC504
Dear MaukC504,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really pleased you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and your room overlooking St. Stephen's Green park.

We have a high degree of soundproofing, which pretty much eliminates the "hustle and bustle" of city life.

I am delighted that you found the reception team welcoming and very accommodating and I have passed your kind comments on to the team.

We believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it is great you had an opportunity to experience our breakfast.

MaukC504, we look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.