“5 Star in Dublin's BEST location!”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #17 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Can't imagine a hotel in Dublin with a better location? The FitzWilliam is really in the best spot and the rooms, service and personnel are really nice. My only concern was the access on St Stephens Green, as there are major road works currently in progress, installing a tram or something, and finding the hotel with all the temporary one way roads was a bit confusing. But if coming in by taxi absolutely no problem!

On the bright side, I thought the front desk staff were extremely helpful and the pub was fun. Did not eat in the famous Michelin star restaurant but will save that for next time!

Room Tip: My room was on the 5th or 6th floor if I remember correctly, and it was very quiet. I think the hig...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hilly B
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Hilly B,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following recent visit to the city. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the central location of the hotel, rooms and service.

The Luas (Tram) works are taking place on a phased basis; access to the hotel is maintained at all times and our concierge team are more than happy to assist with directions to the hotel.

I am delighted you found the front desk team extremely helpful and I have passed your kind comments on to them.

Hopefully you will get an opportunity to dine in Thornton's on your next visit to Dublin. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fitzwilliam in the near future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights this December having stayed in the Westin in Dublin last Christmas. Although the service is probably 5 star, the rest of the hotel definitely isn't - the rooms are just ok (not much better than a Jury's and incredibly warm) and the bar is awful! It's like a 3 star cafe! Back to the Westin next time...

1  Thank Vegas0608

Dear Vegas06-08,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following recent visit to the city. I am pleased to read you experienced five star service during your stay.

I am sorry that you did not like the décor of the rooms or bar and I have passed your comments on the relevant parties for review.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I am truly astonished that anybody could review this hotel badly.

My boyfriend and I have just returned from our first weekend in Dublin, and I can honestly say we were extremely impressed with the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

From the moment we arrived, the door was opened for us, we were greeted with warming smiles and treated like royalty. The lobby area was very inviting with a lovely fire and Christmas tree. The receptionist was very welcoming on our arrival and assisted us to our room on the third floor and made us feel instantly at home. We were also given two vouchers for a complimentary glass of mulled wine in the hotel bar - a very nice touch.

The decor was beautiful, unique and modern. Also, the room was very clean.

I loved how flexible this hotel is with breakfast - they allow you to have a long lie, with Saturday's breakfast finishing at 11am and Sunday's at 12. The choice at breakfast was great - continental and Irish (sausages, bacon, eggs etc). I had poached eggs made for me both mornings, and my boyfriend had porridge. Despite rocking up both mornings 5 minutes before breakfast was due to finish, we never felt rushed and the selection was still available (unlike some hotels where you only get food if you get there early!).

Other nice touches were the turn down service in the evening with chocolates, and the fact the hotel gives you shampoo and conditioner rather than just shampoo (definitely helpful as a girl!). Bottled water (still and sparkling) complimentary in the mini fridge. No hesitation in looking after our bags the whole day Sunday as we were flying very late in the evening. The central location is perfect as well - everything is walking distance.

For the price we paid, I was very happy with the Fitzwilliam. It really was smiles from start to finish. RECOMMENDED!!

Dear Coconut174,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following recent visit to the city. I am delighted that both of you enjoyed your stay so much and that you felt like royalty from the moment you arrived.

We believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I am really pleased to read you enjoyed our breakfast selection and longer opening times at the weekend!

Coconut174, I have passed your kind comments on to the team as feedback such as yours makes everyone's day! We look forward to welcoming both of you back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

A truly awful hotel unless you have no need for sleep. We live in a London so used to noise but this is a constant loud plumbing/air conditioning noise, like a fan in a bathroom that when it stops it's a great feeling but this does not stop! I am certain this is not isolated to room 414. Made a complaint but they could do nothing, concierge tried to assist but what could he do in reality? He looked surprised but it seemed an act of a man who was well used to this issue. No room change offered as apparently full - offered a night cap to help us relax not so useful for a pregnant partner. Hotel states 'our world revolves around you' this applies as long as you do not have an issue. To be honest from the very start I was not impressed as the hotel has an obsession on getting all your credit card details so you do not take anything even though the mini bar automatically charges you for anything you may touch. An Iceland supermarket of the 5 star world of hotels. Trip advisors please take this seriously as I am normally a positive reviewer, so if I say it is bad it is! I have asked for a complaints log when I leave so the hotel cannot deny these have been made as they have apparently so in the past!

4  Thank NeilR74
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear NeilR74,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views whilst resident in the hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise unreservedly for the noise disturbance you experienced. I know that the team made every effort to resolve the matter, however it was completely beyond our control.

NeilR74, please contact me directly so that I can discuss the matter in more detail with you and bring the matter to resolution.

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Never stayed here before but will be back quite possibly the nicest hotel in Dublin I have stayed in had Dinner in citron restaurant which was a great place to dine the food was great and atmosphere was fantastic well worth another visit I will be back

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Karinka31,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I am really delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. The Citron team are creating wonderful meals and it is great that you had an opportunity to dine there.

I have passed your kind comments on to all the team as feedback such as yours makes everyone's day!

Karinka31, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed recently with my husband & son for an overnight city break ,very family friendly , superb location,the concierge were excellent and overall the staff & facilities were top class. Will definitely stay again .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Fiona D,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay so much. I have taken the liberty of passing on your wonderful review to all the team, as feedback such as yours makes everyone's day!

Fiona, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Fitzwilliam in the near future.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

For those who spend minimal time in their rooms, & who can sleep through anything; this might be an acceptable lodging choice.
What a dreadfuly horrid place to get some peace & quiet, though.
Every door slamming reverberates around the floor.
Each coat hangar clanging next door- is audible.
Almost every sound transmits from adjoining rooms.
My room size is relatively tiny- but not as small as a hotel room can get.
There are ample electrical outlets, & the lights all work.
A couple good highlights worth noting; are the monogrammed towels & the distinct stationary set.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank xerophytic

Dear xerophytic,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel whilst visiting Dublin. I realise that you spoke with our team and we offered to move you to another room, which you declined. I am sorry that you felt the hotel was not quiet. For security and safety , all bedroom doors (in any hotel) have a self-closing mechanism; all our doors are set to close as gently and quietly as possible.

We have several room types and sizes available, which would provide you with more space.

Xerophytic I am more than happy to discuss your feedback, in more detail, directly with you.