“If only we could have stayed longer?”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #15 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Toronto, Canada
“If only we could have stayed longer?”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

With hotels, the adage is usually quite true: you get what you pay for. With the Fitzwilliam Hotel, we got every penny's worth! Our room was comfortable, luxurious, and impeccably clean. Hotel staff were courteous and helpful, and dinner at Thorton's was the best meal I've ever eaten. Truly the stay of a lifetime--if only we could have stayed longer!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Natalie S,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am really delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. Thornton's is a very special dining experience and it is great hat you had an opportunity to dine there.

I have passed you kind comments on to the team, as feedback such as your makes everyone's day.

Natalie we look forward to welcoming both of you back for a longer stay the next time you visit Dublin!

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed here recently on a Saturday night. We got a lovely friendly welcome, beautiful 4 poster bed in our room which had a lovely view of St Stephens Green. The room was so quiet considering the city centre location. Its location for shopping is second to none, we could easily return to the hotel and drop off our shopping. The staff were exceptionally good from the front desk to the barman. Special thanks to Egle and her front desk team for their care and attention. The location of the hotel mean we could easily walk to some amazing restaurants and enjoy the city without the hassle of taxis. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear VincentHely,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted that you received a friendly welcome and that you enjoyed your quiet room, overlooking St. Stephen's Green.

The central location of the hotel certainly makes exploring all that the city has to offer really easy.

I was particularly pleased to read you found the team exceptionally good and in particular Egle and her Front Office team. I have passed your kind comments on, as feedback such as yours makes everyone's day!

VincentHely, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we would be delighted to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Portland, OR
Reviewed November 13, 2013

By far the most pleasant surprise in my many trips to Dublin. After traveling nearly 18 hours and arriving at DUB at dawn, I was rather exhausted and in need of a shower. The friendly and welcoming staff had a room ready for me, having anticipated my arrival time. I was taken to my room by a front desk staffer who was lovely and gave me the run-down of all the bells and whistles, including a fantastic stereo system with speakers throughout the room, bathroom and foyer. It was nice to have a foyer to simply keep my suitcase on a stand, as I was only staying in Dublin for a couple of nights. That said, there was plenty of storage space and a safe. The "garden view" was really unimpressive, but it's Dublin! You're not going to be in your room much.

There was a lovely seating area next to the window, complete with an orchid. The room felt very modern, yet warm. The bed was absolutely delightful, as were the pillows that you can select from a pillow menu! The bathroom is quite modern for an Irish hotel, but short folks should be forewarned – The shower/bathtub is quite deep, and I can only imagine how difficult it would be for someone shorter then say 5'8 to climb in and out. I'm 5'11 and was cautious. This is typical of any European hotel, though. I really enjoyed the little things like arriving back at the end of a long day to find chocolates on my bed with turndown service, and candles in both the guestroom and bathroom.

Located directly across from St. Stephen's Green and a mere block off Grafton St., the location simply couldn't be better. There's also a Luas stop practically at the doorstep. Additionally, Thornton's restaurant located above the hotel is one of the finest restaurants in all of Dublin. I highly recommend the chef's tasting menu and wine pairing. I did pop into the hotel's lounge/restaurant, and was rather unimpressed. I just didn't like the vibe. This isn't a big deal, as there is always Thornton's upstairs or a plethora of other fantastic pubs and restaurants right at your doorstep.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room facing the green if you plan on spending time in your room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank wgsNYC
Dear pdx2006,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. Where possible we will always aim to accommodate early arriving guests, particularly when they have been travelling for many hours. I am delighted that the team took care of you on arrival and that we had a room ready for you. I am really pleased that you enjoyed the room design, décor and amenities.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your tranquil, "garden view". May I suggest that on future stays you reserve a room overlooking St. Stephen's Green.

The central location of the hotel certainly makes exploring the city sights, shops, restaurants and bars exceptionally easy. Thornton's is a Michelin starred restaurant and it is a very special dining experience and it is wonderful that you the opportunity to eat dinner there.

pdx2006, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

There are not many high standard hotels that I have not staying in in Dublin, but finally I got to stay here.............it's one of the best at what they do, from the second you get the car parked for you to the minute you check out that whole experience is fantastic, the rooms are fresh modern and clean with all the amenities one could need for a comfort stay, the bar is of the same standard, breakfast is one not to be missed as they carry everything you might need to satisfy every palate.
I am already looking forward to my next stay

Stayed November 2013
Dear Sean F,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.

I was particularly pleased to read you enjoyed the high levels of service you received, from the moment you arrived, to departure.

We believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we aim to provide as wide a variety of options as possible for our guests. I am really pleased to read you had the opportunity to have breakfast and that you enjoyed the experience.

Sean F, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my nights at fitzwilliam. Staff and hotel are lovely and comfortable. Rooms are impeccable however a bit small with long long hallways to get there. However bathroom is delightful, clean and full of great amenities hard to find in Irish hotels. Candles in bathroom and bedroom are a lovely touch. Curtains are barely big enough for privacy and early morning light... However all else at Fitzwilliam hotel is divine. Comfortable bed, lovely linen and great lighting choices.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear SparkleMermaid,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and in particular the room, bathroom and the amenities contained within.

I note your comment regarding the curtains and I would appreciate if you would contact me directly as I would like to determine which room you stayed in, so that I can rectify this matter.

I am delighted that you found the team lovely and everything else in the hotel "devine"! I have passed your kind comments on to the team as feedback such as yours makes everyone's day!

SparkleMermaid, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Donaghadee, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

A lovely clean, central, friendly, outstanding hotel. Beautifully decorated room, upgraded upon arrival and parking included. The concierge "Jacob" from Finland is very helpful and nothing is a problem. All requests from room service were very prompt and never a problem. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Lovely room sunny side looking over Saint Stephens Green. Had the window open at night, the noise w...
Dear Jane C,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel, overlooking St. Stephen's Green; it makes exploring the city's sights exceptionally easy. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your upgraded room.

I am delighted that you found the team friendly and prompt in their service delivery. Jarrko is a valued member of the Concierge team; I have passed your kind comments on to him as feedback such as yours would make anyone's day!

Jane C, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were bumped from the Shelbourne at the last minute and placed in the Fitzwilliam, just a few blocks away. While it wasn't our first choice, it turned out to be completely fine. It's in an unbeatable location, across from St. Stephens Green and in walking distance to most attractions, like Trinity College. The rooms are comfortable. Service was perfect. Breakfast was tasty, too. It's a modern/chic hotel. While our preference was for a historic/venerable hotel like the Shelbourne, Firzwilliam turned out to quite nice.

Dear Myrtleavenj,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel, overlooking St. Stephen's Green; it makes exploring the city's sights exceptionally easy. I realise that your preference is historic buildings and it was really great to read you enjoyed the décor and comfort of the hotel.

I am really pleased that you found the service perfect and I have passed your kind comments on to the team.

Myrtleavenj, should your travels bring you to Dublin again, we would be delighted to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.