“Fabulous Dublin Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Arlington
“Fabulous Dublin Hotel”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. The Fitzwilliam takes hospitality to a new level with it's top-notch amenities, friendly and professional staff and comfortable yet luxurious guest rooms. Anything that we needed during our stay, we could depend upon the staff to assist us. I will definitely stay at the Fitzwilliam in the future!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Lara S,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay so much; from the luxurious guest rooms and amenities to team members. I was really pleased to read you found the team friendly and professional.

Lara S, should your travels bring you to Dublin in the future, we would be delighted to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Highly recommended hotel.

The service was great throughout, with friendly and helpful staff that made our stay (with a toddler) a lot easier than we were expecting. (E.g. they put us in a quiet section at the back of the hotel without being asked, which was much appreciated when you're trying to get the wee one to sleep).

Location is excellent - right by St. Stephen's Green and Grafton Street. We'll definitely be staying here again the next time we're in Dublin.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Musashi_00,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for talking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted that you experienced great service throughout the hotel, from a friendly and helpful team.

Musashi_00 we look forward to welcoming the three of you back to The Fitzwilliam in the future.

Linville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The staff and hotel were always more than accommodating. Whether it was water, charger, a compressor for my blow dryer and straitening iron, the provided it. And I assure you that if they didn't have it, they would find a way to get it. They brought my 8 yr. old twins a cookie snack every evening, and one time they didn't bring chocolate chip only chocolate. My daughter asked me to call to see if she could have chocolate chip instead. I called, however they were out. But they more than graciously offered to hold and they would go buy her some. I did decline the very nice offer. But they will go out of their way to make your stay a 5 STAR Wow. Amazing...

Room Tip: No pool, or children activities. But we were in the city walking 1 minute away from shopping and gr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tiffani E
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Tiffani E,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to Dublin.

I am really delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay so much. Each and every one of the team is here to "take care" of our guests and anticipate their needs- whether it's a charger or a chocolate chip cookie!

Tiffani E, should your travels bring you to Dublin again we would be thrilled to welcome you and your family back to The Fitzwilliam.

danville, ca
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Fitzwilliam at the end of our three week trip to Europe. We were very pleased with the hotel. There were four of us, my husband and myself and our two teenage sons. We had a family room, which consisted of a king size bed, a double sleeper sofa and a window seat that was long and wide enough for a child (even a 16 year old boy) to sleep on. The beds were very comfortable, the room was clean, and the complimentary water was much appreciated. The staff were all helpful and kind. We appreciated the fast elevators. We never waited for more than one minute for one to arrive, and they are high speed so they take you quickly to your floor. We thought the location was great-just off the end of Grafton Street, nice and quiet but right next to plenty of shopping and restaurants and across from pretty St. Stephen's Green. My husband travelled to Dublin a few months ago for business and stayed at the Radisson Blu. He preferred the Fitzwilliam and said he would stay here if he returns to Dublin for work.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 553 and were very happy. It was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CaCmo
TheFitzwilliamDub, Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear CaCmo,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city at the end of your three week trip to Europe. I am delighted that you were very pleased with the hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the facilities contained within your family room and that you found the team helpful and kind.

I was equally pleased to read you enjoyed the central location of the hotel - it certainly makes exploring the city very easy. St Stephen's Green is wonderful at this time of year and when the sun shines (as it is today!) it makes for a wonderful oasis within the heart of the city.

CaCmo, should leisure or business bring all or part of your family to Dublin again we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Recently stayed here overnight on a business trip to Dublin. The hotel was very good, with a great juxtaposition between the legacy of history in the area and the modern, trendy (but not ugly) interior design.

The room was a very good size, with ample space for work and even a kind of recliner bench by the window. Separate bathroom, comfy bed, mini-bar, iron and ironing board already in-room in a cupboard (always annoys me when I have to phone down for this).

The staff were friendly and polite, and the bar downstairs has a pleasant ambience I thought, as travellers arrive after their day's work for a drink before heading out in the evening.

The location is brilliant - right opposite St Stephen's Green, with Grafton Street a 20 second walk away - you'll have plenty of options for evening entertainment with all the bars, restaurants, clubs and shops around, or you can go an relax on the Green itself if you're lucky enough to see some sunshine and blue skies.

The only negative for me was the breakfast the next morning - firstly, it wasn't included in my room rate (although I was told it was when I checked in the day before), but I didn't actually complain about it so the hotel had no chance to remedy the issue, in fairness. Secondly, it seems service was a little slack...waited 10 minutes to be seated whilst waitrons folded napkins in full view of me standing there, my colleague's food arrived about 5 minutes after mine which was then cold, and the breakfast was decent but nothing to write home about. Not awful, but perhaps a bit of an off day for the restaurant staff.

In any event, a really nice place that's easy to immediately feel comfortable and relaxed in. I'd highly recommend it for business or pleasure, short or longer stays.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wandering_Saffa,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin on a hot, sunny day!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following yur recent business trip to the city. I am delighted that you liked the hotel décor and in particular the bedroom and the facilities contained within the bedroom.

I was particularly pleased to read you encountered a friendly and polite team throughout the hotel and that you enjoyed the ambience in the bar.

Our central location certainly makes exploring the sights, shops, restaurants and bars exceptionally easy and I am delighted that you had an opportunity to explore some of the city.

I am very sorry that you were provided with incorrect information regarding your rate and the inclusion/non-inclusion of breakfast. The level of breakfast service you described is inexcusable and please accept my sincere apologies for this lapse, in what is normally a high, level of service.

Wandering_Saffa, thank you for your constructive feedback and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here during our trip to Dublin. Booked the hotel through a Costco travel package. Absolutely fabulous hotel! From the moment we arrived, the staff was very attentive and nice. We asked if there was a king bed available, and they gave us a free upgrade to a king room with a balcony overlooking the park. Decor is modern and very nice. Rooms are very clean also. Location couldn't be better. It is located on the edge of one of the main parks in Dublin and at the end of one of the main shopping streets. Overall, great experience!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear jah22187,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. I am delighted that you encountered a friendly and attentive team throughout the hotel and I have passed your kind comments onto the team.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your upgrade to a balcony room overlooking the park - the views from those rooms are quite special.

Our location is very central and makes exploring the sight and shops exceptionally easy.

jah22187, should your travels bring you to Dublin again we would be delighted to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed at the Fitzwilliam for two nights and loved it! The location allowed you to walk almost anywhere you need to visit while touring Dublin, and the décor/restaurants were great! The rooms were beautiful and comfortable, and my only complaint would be that the fantastic shower would always seem to leave a lake on the bathroom floor. I learned to make a small dam with a spare towel. The hotel staff, bartenders and waiters/waitresses were all friendly, helpful, and even at times, playful!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MattyG92,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit to the city. Our location is very central and makes exploring the city on foot exceptionally easy. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the restaurants and the décor within the hotel. It is great to read you found the rooms comfortable and beautiful. I am sorry that the shower caused water on the bathroom floor - this should not happen.

I am delighted to read you found the hotel team, from bartenders to waiters/waitresses friendly, helpful, and even at times, playful!

MattyG92, should your travels bring you to Dublin in the future we would be delighted to welcome both of you back to The Fitzwilliam.