“THE place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Boston, Massachusetts
“THE place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Fitzwilliam Hotel is by far, the best hotel I have stayed at in all my trips to Europe. The staff is amazing - friendly, attentive, and welcoming. The room was absolutely lovely! I loved the decor and seating by the window. The location was KEY! Walk outside and you have Stephen's Green, Grafton Street, Temple Bar, and... Gino's for delicious gelato and crepes! There are great restaurants all in walking distance! Tons of Carrolls for all your souvenirs. The hop on - hop off bus tour is right there as well as the train if you want to visit nearby towns. Howth is a short distance on that train and you quickly get to see the countryside & water! Taxis are always available outside. Really, what more can you ask for?

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor viewing the inside courtyard. It was perfect.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Becky R,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I was delighted to read we were your preferred hotel out of all the European hotels that you have stayed in.

I was particularly pleased to read you found the team friendly, attentive and welcoming and that you enjoyed the room decor.

Our location is certainly central and makes exploring all that the city has to offer very easy. It sounds like you did a very good job exploring Dublin and the surrounding areas!

Beck R, should business or pleasure bring you back to Dublin in the future, we would love to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.

Guest_Relations_Fitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel is right on St. Stevens Green. It's in an excellent location. It's a newer hotel. The staff is welcoming and accommodating. The value for the room and service you get is right on. They provide apples on each floor. Let's face it, we don't get enough fruit while on vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LucyInLA,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Our location is certainly central to the sights, shops, restaurants and bars.

I was equally pleased to read you found the team welcoming and accommodating and the service "right on".

Our apples are certainly popular with our guests and I'm glad that you enjoyed them!

LucyInLA, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Fitzwilliam in the near future.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We travelled over to Ireland for my wifes's 40th birthday and had the good fortune to stay at this fabulous hotel. We knew that we were going to be treated well from the moment we received a call from Elisa in Reservations. She was lovely and so very helpful. We were treated to free cocktails, and the provison of chocolate birthday cake for my wife on our arrival at the hotel was a lovely touch. The fantastic service continued when we checked in and the manager at reception (Martin?) was so very warm and friendly, and we were extremely impressed when we returned to the hotel some 4 days later that he remembered our names. Unfortunately whilst we cant remember his name, that is no reflection upon him as he helped make our stay so enjoyable. Indeed, we had enjoyed ourselves so much the first time around that we returned to the Fitzwilliam after a few days away in Kinsale and again it was Elisa who made all the arrangements for us. We had a fantastic room with a balcony overlooking St Stephens Green and the hotel was perfectly located for shops, restaurants and bars. The bar staff and catering staff, along with the concierge were all equally helpful, friendly and welcoming. We loved our two nights at the Fitzwilliam and can't wait to return. We wouldnt consider staying anywhere else in Dublin.

Room Tip: Room 506 - a spacious balcony with views towards the Dublin mountains to one side, and towards the c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NWRC,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. I hope that your wife thoroughly enjoyed her birthday celebrations!

Elisa is a lovely young lady and I have taken the liberty of passing on your kind comments to her. I have also ensured that the Concierge team received a copy of your kind feedback. It is a strong endorsement of your enjoyment that you returned after a few days in Co. Cork and we were delighted to welcome both of you back to the hotel.

The balcony bedrooms overlooking St. Stephen's Green are special and when the weather is behaving itself, they provide the perfect location for breakfast or indeed a glass of bubbly in the afternoon!

NWRC on behalf of all the team at The Ftizwilliam we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming both of you back to the hotel in the future.

With knid regards,

Gust_Relations_Fitz
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Food, service, room servies are all with no fault. Especial thanks to Concierges and the GM who has looked after us very well during our stay in March and again in April. Reservations Department must be the most patient & efficient in Dublin, as with our demands and changes, they have always been very accommodating and polite, especially Lisa. We will be back again very soon, and I would highly reccommnd thsi hotel for small and big bookings! If I was to point out one weakness, it would be the Reception Staff who are all polite but would benefit from being more helpful(at the moment the Porters make up for it!)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear BiO05,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the food, room facilities and service. I have passed on your kind comments to the relevant team members!

I am sorry that the reception team, whilst polite, could have been more helpful during your stay. Should you wish to discuss this matter in more detail, please feel free to contact the hotel directly and I would be happy to speak with you.

BiO05, we look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin and The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.

Grand Cayman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times now whilst working in our Dublin office. This time was for 8 days. I was spoilt previously and had one of the larger rooms with 4 poster bed looking out on to St Stephens Green therefore my standard room seemed too small. Well fitted out, comfortable bed and functional if small bathroom. Service was at all times impeccable from turn down service through to concierge opening the door for you. Breakfast service vastly improved since my last visit. Only small criticism in that room service menu very basic and limted choice. Would recommend highly but try to have your room upgraded if you are in a standard room.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Patchpup,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your most recent stay. We have a number of different room types in the hotel, some larger than others. I am glad that you found the standard room well fitted out and comfortable.

I was equally happy to read you encountered impeccable service at all times and that the breakfast offering had improved since your last visit. We are constantly revewing and revising our service. With that in mind we would appreciate your detailed feedback on our room service menu. Whilst the offering to 10.30pm is quite extensive, it is more limited overnight. If there is a particular menu item that you would like to have, please let us know. If we have the ingredients in stock we would be delighted to make that dish for you.

Patchpup, I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.

Attleboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We wanted to find a 5-Star hotel in Dublin at a great price that was in a good location. The Fitzwilliam lived up to the challenge. It's right across from St. Stephen's Green, and just past the southern end of Grafton Street. It's a ten minute walk from Temple Bar. The hotel is modern, but not over the top. It's probably the first 'modern' hotel we've stayed at, and I thought the room was great, though a little small. Although the lobby bar is nice enough, the service was pretty slow and the bar was empty when we visited. Also; if you order a martini (menu price: $11.25), expect to pay $14 for Grey Goose (Surprise!). I didn't care for that. We went to the Westbury Hotel nearby, and their $12.95 martini price from the menu was actually $12.95!That being said, I'd still recommend the hotel. Also the staff was great.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stephen K,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel's central location, overlooking St. Stephen's Green. I was equally pleased to read you enjoyed the contemporary style of the hotel.

It was with regret that I read you found the service in the bar slow as there is no excuse for slow service in any part of the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor level of service you experienced.

Stephen K, I am delighted that you found the team great and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam in the near future.

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Very professional and friendly staff especially the porters . Great location as the bars and shops are just a short walk away but
It's VERY hard to find by car . The dinning area is nothing special neither is the menu . The room we had was ordinary at best . The Hotel once outside of the reception and foyer was in my opinion a three star Hotel .

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Frank B,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I was delighted to read you found the team very professional and friendly and I have passsed your kind comments on to the team.

The hotel's location is very central and makes access to the sights, shops, restaurants and bars very easy.

I am sorry that you found it difficult to locate the hotel by car. Dublin city centre has a network of one-way streets; however we are always ready to provide detailed directions for guests arriving by car.

We have two dedicated dining spaces within the hotel and our bar also serves food. Thornton's is a Michelin star restaurant and Citron is a contemporary brasserie. It is not clear from your feedback which space you are referring to. I regret that our contemporary decor was not to your liking.

Frank B, we will always welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam.