“Simply a lovely property”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #14 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is a 'keeper,' and I would definitely return. The Fitzwilliam is a relatively new hotel located on St. Stephen's Green. The room was of a good size and modern. The towels and linens were very nice. The wifi was excellent. Breakfast was very good. The staff was as helpful as it could be. I especially liked the concierge team and its leader, Patrick. He was especially helpful while I was planning my wanderings around Dublin.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Ichabod777,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the bedroom and the quality of the facilities within the room. I was equally happy to read you enjoyed your breakfast.

I was delighted to read you found the team to be very helpful and in particular the Concierge team, headed up by Patrick. I have ensured that Patrick and his team were made aware of your kind comments and they have asked that their best wishes are extended to you!

Ichbod777 I hope that you will return to Dublin and The Fitzwilliam in the future when Patrick and his team will be ready to provide more suggestions for your continued exploration of the city!

Guest_Relations_Fitz

Write a ReviewReviews (2,881)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

very clean, accommodating and friendly. beautiful clean room, very comfortable beds. we arrived early from california, and the manager, mr kelly gave us a complimentary breakfast. unbelievable. the front staff, especially miro and egla were just wonderful to work with. i have travelled all over europe america and asia, and found this particular hotel to be one of the most accommodating hotel i've ever stayed at. i would definately recommend this hotel to friends and family. also, its in a great location.

Room Tip: stayed on 3rd floor, it was nice and quiet. loved the black out drapes.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bradbutter

Dear Bradbutter,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the bedroom and the very comfortable beds. I was equally pleased to read you found the team friendly and accommodating - I have passed on your kind comments to all the team members, in particular to those that you specifically named!

Arriving early into Dublin from the US can be a little tiring and offering some Irish breakfast to start the day is the least we can do for our guests.

Bradbutter, I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam Dublin in the future.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed in the Fitzwilliam hotel 3 weeks ago for the Justin Bieber concert. The location couldn't have been better. All the shops and restaurants gave us loads to do during the day. The rooms were luxurious with attention paid to detail. From chocolates on arrival to music and dimmable lights in the bathroom. The service was excellent. The front desk staff couldn't have been more friendlier or helpfull. My daughter's only complaint was that she never touched a door handle during our stay. ( staff kept open the doors for us)

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Andre N

Dear Andre N,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed the central location of the property and the choice of shops and restuarants in the immediate vicinity of the hotel.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed the luxurious bedrooms and the facilities contained within the rooms. I am delighted that you found the service excellent and front desk team friendly and helpful!

Let you daughter know that we always open doors for our guests; however when you next stay with us we will give her special permission to open one of the doors herself!

Andre N, should another concert bring you to Dublin we would be delighted to welcome you back to The Fitzwilliam Hotel.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Beautiful old hotel in a fantastic area for a tourist (directly across st Stephens green). The service, especially the porters was fantastic. The bed fairly comfortable. The breakfast was okay. The room is very clean a decorated well. There is a Dublin green bus stop, for tourist, just across the corner; which is quite convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Justin R

Dear JustinR,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the very central location of the hotel on St. Stephen's Green. I was equally pleased to read your enjoyed the room and the service you received from the porters.

JustinR, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Fitzwilliam in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Fitzwilliam is perfectly located on St Stephen's Green, and right at the head of the shopping district. From there, it's only a few steps to Trinity College, and close to a number of fine restaurants. The room was a bit small, but beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean, and very, very comfortable. The service at this hotel was very fine, in fact, both friendly and professional. The Fitzwilliam clearly caters to a business crowd, but was also a terrific spot for we vacationers.

Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank ajnbux

Dear Ajnbux,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay in November. The hotel is very centrally located on St. Stephen's Green and allows very easy exploration of the city. I was delighted to read you found the room very comfortable and spotlessly clean - we have a very dedicated Accommodation team.

Ajnbux I was particularly pleased to read you found the team friendly and professional as we strive to make the hotel a very welcoming "home from home". I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation in Ireland and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Was in Dublin on business and my normal hotel (The Shelbourne) was booked solid for the days that I was there. So, decided to try the Fitzwilliam as it's walking distance to where I needed to be.

Arrived VERY early on a Sunday morning, being a realist and having not paid for a Saturday night room, I had no expectations of a room.

Upon check-in, a room as instantly availale which allowed me to go shower, sleep for a few hours and start my day. PERFECT!

The rooms are small, but very well appointed. High speed internet worked well, safe in room, iron, everything you'd expect. Bed was fresh and comfortable and I slept well, very well.

There are three restaurants on property and a bar. The bar was my first meal this trip and the service spot-on and food lovely.

I visited the bar several more times this trip, both on my own and with business associates. Each time the service was top-notch and the collection of bar foods perfect.

One bartender even took me through the various Irish Whiskys, ranging from very inexpensive up to 30-year old aged. I truly appreciated his knowledge and pointing me in the right direction.

The location was perfect as I was able to walk almost everywhere.

All in all, I would not hesitate to stay at the Fitzwilliam again regardless of it being a business trip or personal vacation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CaptainMHB

Dear CaptainMHB,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay. The hotel is very centrally located on St. Stephen's Green and this location makes it very easy to explore the city on foot.

While check-in is 3pm, if we can accommodate our arriving guests earlier we most certainly will! I am delighted to read you found the room well appointed and the bed comfortable.

The bar offers a wide range of food and drink and it was great to read you enyoyed both the food and service you received. Our bartending team are very passionate about the drinks they serve and the cocktails they make and it sounds like you had a detailled conversation about Irish Whiskeys!

CaptainMHB, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Fitzwilliam in the very near future.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I frequently travel to Dublin for business and usually stay at Fitzwilliam due to its wonderfully central location. The staff are very helpful, especially the concierge and porters. The lobby is beautiful and the rooms are decorated tastefully vibrant and elegant. In the past, I've encountered issues with street noise but this time i was given room 623 which is on the top floor. The elevator doesn't even go to this floor. The wall between the neighbor's room was paper thin and they had young children. At one point I checked to see if the door was ajar because it sounded as if the family was in my room. I could hear every word they spoke including the two children whispering with one another. This was unfortunate for someone like me who was there for business and needed my rest. Not only did they wake up screaming two hours before I was set to get up, one child stayed up all night coughing and another one apparently had nightmares. I got almost no sleep and it was quite frustrating. If location and quiet is what you seek and you are willing to pay a bit more, I might recommend the Shelbourne.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank debbarker
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Public Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear debbarker,

Greetings from The Fitzwilliam Dublin!

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your most recent stay. The hotel is certainly centrally located for business and leisure. I was delighted to read you found the team and in particular the Concierge team, very helpful.

I am very sorry that your sleep was disturbed by your noisy neighbours. 623 is one of our few inter-connecting rooms and as a result does not affort the same level of sound proofing as the rest of our rooms.

debbarker, as you are probably aware the majority of our bedrooms overlook a very quiet and calm rooftop garden. I would like to update your details on our hotel system to ensure you are allocated a quiet room on any future stays. Please contact the hotel directly and we would be delighted to update your details.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.